We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Basify solvent, skip the water, possible? Options

taureanirishman
#1 Posted : 1/26/2011 1:26:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've heard a story about going STB, IN SOLVENT... not sure what solvent you could use or if it's even recommended...

But is it possible to basify a solvent and then get the spice out?

I'm very low level on chemistry at this point so I'm sure there would be additional steps involved, but it seems a novel idea... unless I didn't look hard enough and this has already been covered!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Eranik
#2 Posted : 1/26/2011 4:52:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even if possible, why would one need to do that? that's a waste of solvent.

EDIT: And you'll get heavy base (lye) contamination in your end yield. (if possible)

But that's not possible, because lye is polar and doesn't dissolve in non-polar solvents, so it will simply drop at the bottom of the dish, in solid form, and doesn't react with the spice salts to turn them into freebase, blah blah blah

not possible
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 1/26/2011 5:16:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

The closest you can get to that is to do a dry tek. This involves mixing a base, usually calcium hydroxide, with the plant material, then adding water to make a slightly pastey consistency, then allowing it to dry before passing the solvent through it.

taureanirishman
#4 Posted : 2/2/2011 1:20:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for clarifying! SWIM's saving up for some quality supplies for a jimjam extract right now...

Going to err on the side of going bigger instead of some tiny volume of mole... will make sure it's documented along the way Smile

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 2/2/2011 11:14:28 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

taureanirishman wrote:
Going to err on the side of going bigger instead of some tiny volume of mole...

Well, most people extract dmt on the milimole scale, often 10-30 mmoles. I cannot even imagine why one would ever want a whole mole of dmt!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

scarbelly
#6 Posted : 2/2/2011 10:36:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think what he meant is he would rather have lots of not completely pure spice, than very small quantities of very pure "molecular" spice.

taureanirishman
#7 Posted : 2/3/2011 7:04:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I'm a whole plant extract kind of guy, pure isolated products are never as healing and usually more dangerous(i.e. coke).