We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need sources on thought over parallel universes Options

Auneface
#1 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:09:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Please help! I took on a recent scientific report on Salvia for my biology class- we had to ask questions to what these findings in science mean for us.
Only to find I have to now research these questions I had asked for the rest of the term. And yep- they're all massive questions about parallel universes >.<!

So, if any of you know of any names of books, or individuals I could go to, it would help me a lot Smile I really like math, so if they also work with math, this would be very effective for me <3

Horray for homework lining up with my spiritual wants!!
Boo for the deadline D:!!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:20:59 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Sounds like you may have bit off a bit more than you can chew! Wink
i think its John Wheeler who was/is one of the biggest proponents of the theory of parallel universes. Not sure who else too look into really

some related stuff i had in files
http://www.reuters.com/a...rn-idUSTRE69J35X20101020
http://www.newsmax.com/N...ers/2010/11/15/id/377098
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7SDrj4Tjvk

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

talking monkey
#3 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:31:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it wasnt for pro-bowl (not a sports fan btw) BBQ i would be deep into "The Hidden Reality" by Brian Greene today. I recently purchased written by a physicist to take all physics disciplines and computational, theoretical, quantum etc into laymans terms and describe alternate realities. Its onyl available in hardback right now I believe.

http://www.sfgate.com/cg...er/detail?entry_id=81966

here is an interview with him i havent read yet. just a quick google. hope it helps

Cowboy5560
#4 Posted : 1/31/2011 1:35:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The TV series "The Universe" has one specific episode on parallel universes. Its available on Netflix if you have it.

Lavos
#5 Posted : 1/31/2011 4:39:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Matrix and Philosophy: Welcome to the Desert of the Real
amazon link

Not the most convincing arguments presented, but plenty of thought provoking material and references to get one going.

Edit, Not sure if it'd relate, but I like to think of the two together. Tracks in the Psychic Wilderness, written by Dale Graff, documents the governments first attempts at Remote Viewing. Goes into Synchronicity and Precognitive Dreams, etc. I suppose it should be considered credible.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.

Spock's Brain
#6 Posted : 1/31/2011 11:57:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tonights Coast to Coast AM with George Noory?

Cosmology & Parallel Worlds
Date: 01-31-11
Host: George Noory
Guests: Brian Greene

Theoretical physicist and celebrated author, Brian Greene will discuss hot topics in cosmology: the multiverse, the holographic universe, unseen parallel worlds in dimensions separated by millimeters, our universe as a super-advanced computer program and the essentially hidden nature of reality.
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

gibran2
#7 Posted : 1/31/2011 3:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Read about Hugh Everett, the father of the "many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics". If it weren’t for Niels Bohr’s power and ego, this could have become the standard interpretation of quantum mechanics a long time ago.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Auneface
#8 Posted : 2/2/2011 5:17:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you dearly everyone <3 Hugh Everette was the only one "scholarly" enough, but i've certainly taken from all of you <3