We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Green Reaction? Options

DoctorMantus
#1 Posted : 1/31/2011 2:05:23 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

So My Friend lives In Hawaii and recently has been trying to find the Right species of Mimosa because he is not sure if the hostilis can be found on the island. So Last night he went down to the beach and came upon a large Mimosa tree that was planted in the sand so roots were very easy to get to. His description that he gave me was thorny branches and the leaves that came off tree branches were short so thinking that he would give it a go using q21q21 tek 2 Here is the procedure that he has given me of the progress hes at.

-First ground up bark threw it in the freezer and repeated till it was fibery and ground down.

-50g of Bark soaked in 100ml H20 100ml Vinegar Both were put together and heated before poured into the bark.

-Stir in metal bowl with chop sticks let sit for approx 90min

-Then the lime Was added and instantly it turned to like a puke green.

-After stirring it leveled to a tannish color.

-He is now Letting it sit for another 90 mins i will get his update when he gets back to me.

he wanted to know if the puke green reaction is normal any help would be appreciated.

moderator wrote:
Do not ingest anything extracted from unknown plants, they may have dangerous toxins!!!

"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 1/31/2011 3:07:05 AM

Could any1 let me know if my friend is in the right direction?
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

Lodi
#3 Posted : 1/31/2011 3:21:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not an ethnobotanist, so i couldnt say for sure. but was this "mimosa" purple, pink as a powder? and dark purple when all of it was mixed together? if it turned green it might not be the right bark, or he might have other than the inner root bark of the tree. go into the chat, and ask the people in there, they can give you more solid advice.
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 1/31/2011 8:09:53 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

No... puke green is NOT normal...

Let me put it this way-- the mimosa family of trees is pretty fucking huge, and a small percentage of species within it contain DMT. Probably 98% of the members of those species grow in South America or Australia. To make matters slightly more interesting, most of the trees whose common name is "mimosa" aren't even a member of the mimosa family, nor do they contain exciting alkaloids. Whichever ambiguously-named "mimosa" tree you have picked almost certainly does not contain DMT.

The first thing you need to do is NOT CONTINUE THAT EXTRACTION. I would bet my life savings that it doesn't contain DMT in any noticeable quantity, and the product of it is potentially very dangerous to ingest in any way.

Now, question: does your friend have the internet? If he does, tell him to research DMT-containing acacias that grow in Hawaii. There are several of them! Once you have positively identified (!) a specie of DMT-containing acacia, THEN harvest. Picking plants without doing the research is going to get your friend hospitalized and/or killed.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Lodi
#5 Posted : 1/31/2011 3:19:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

agreed with ^^^. that is the smartest and safest way of going about. you should know 100% before emarking on extraction teks or even using it as a means to get high.
know your mind, know your body, know your drug, and know your source.
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

gammagore
#6 Posted : 1/31/2011 10:19:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BIN THAT EXTRACTION!!!

DoctorMantus
#7 Posted : 1/31/2011 11:11:03 PM

Lodi wrote:
agreed with ^^^. that is the smartest and safest way of going about. you should know 100% before emarking on extraction teks or even using it as a means to get high.
know your mind, know your body, know your drug, and know your source.

i can assure you that i am not trying to extract for the high i feel a little offended Yes i understand that going out and gather unknown mimosa or acacia is dangerous but i feel my trial and errors will only get me farther.
— Terence McKenna

Shaolin
#8 Posted : 2/1/2011 9:10:21 AM

Stiletto Stoner

DoctorMantus wrote:

-50g of Bark soaked in 100ml H20 100ml Vinegar Both were put together and heated before poured into the bark.

-Stir in metal bowl with chop sticks let sit for approx 90min

-Then the lime Was added and instantly it turned to like a puke green.

Wordson ? What kind of metal ?
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

burnt
#9 Posted : 2/1/2011 9:12:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Yes i understand that going out and gather unknown mimosa or acacia is dangerous but i feel my trial and errors will only get me farther.

Yea or dead...

Extracting nearly random plant extracts is dangerous and stupid. I am not saying this to offend you but its true. Certain species of mimosa produce dangerous neurotoxins.

Golden rules:

1- If you can't ID a plant don't eat it or its extracts.

2- If you don't know the chemical composition of a plant and don't have analytical capabilities to figure it out then don't ingest anything extracted from it.

Not obeying those rules can seriously harm people.

I think this thread should be locked or kept as an example of what not to do.

DoctorMantus
#10 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:00:48 AM

burnt wrote:
Quote:
Yes i understand that going out and gather unknown mimosa or acacia is dangerous but i feel my trial and errors will only get me farther.

Yea or dead...

Extracting nearly random plant extracts is dangerous and stupid. I am not saying this to offend you but its true. Certain species of mimosa produce dangerous neurotoxins.

Golden rules:

1- If you can't ID a plant don't eat it or its extracts.

2- If you don't know the chemical composition of a plant and don't have analytical capabilities to figure it out then don't ingest anything extracted from it.

Not obeying those rules can seriously harm people.

I think this thread should be locked or kept as an example of what not to do.

OK i don't believe that i would be that oblivious and stupid to try something i extracted from a random plant, i look at like if i get a successful extract then i wouldn't be preparing to smoke it until i was 100% on the ID of the plant. As eager as i am, i am patient, yet to breakthrough but i know i will have my time when its right. Please don't assume that i don't know what i am doing and i don't mean that in a cocky manner i am not trying to talk down to any1, I take DMT very seriously and smoking something i wasn't able to identify is something that wouldn't do. It wouldn't Bother me at all if you wanted to lock this i understand were you are coming from because i know there are many people trying things exactly like what i am doing and there are wayyyyy tooo many people who don't deserve and or can even handle the powers of the spice, i know because almost all of my friends were smoking this stuff last summer like it was weed and its funny cuz i never saw any of it, in my town it was the new big thing but every1 saw it as the NEW drug and only knew of its high and its kinda sad but i don't want to get too off topic but i feel yes this would be a good example for new comers.
— Terence McKenna

endlessness
#11 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:09:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How will you identify it and why dont you extract after identifying if you anyways are not gonna smoke before you know what it is? Sounds like a lot of wasted work, if you are going to be extracting all sorts of random plants only to later find what they are and throw away your extracted product (as well as all the used materials)?

DoctorMantus
#12 Posted : 2/1/2011 10:40:53 AM

endlessness wrote:
How will you identify it and why dont you extract after identifying if you anyways are not gonna smoke before you know what it is? Sounds like a lot of wasted work, if you are going to be extracting all sorts of random plants only to later find what they are and throw away your extracted product (as well as all the used materials)?

well if what you would like to hear is that yes i did make a mistake, yes not fully identifying before extracting, at the time the tree had fit a lot of the description of the hostilis reddish branches thorns red root bark, i thought id gather some and give it a test i am not trying to go out and extract every mimosa/acacia i find, i am not trying to argue or anything just want to get my point across that i am not that unprepared when it comes to doing things like this i know its dangerous and i know i shouldn't be extracting unknown plants. Appee polly logees, I'm here to learn and create good vibes not argue with other people its a waste of our time please and thank you
— Terence McKenna

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 2/1/2011 12:33:37 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

DoctorMantus wrote:
well if what you would like to hear is that yes i did make a mistake yes not fully identifying before extracting at the time the tree had fit a lot of the description of the hostilis reddish branches thorns red root bark i thought id gather some and give it a test i am not trying to go out and extract every mimosa/acacia i find i am not trying to argue or anything just want to get my point across that i am not that unprepared when it comes to doing things like this i know its dangerous and i know i shouldnt be extracting unknown plants appee polly logees im here to learn and create good vibes not arguee with other people its a waste of our time please and thankyou

Hi,

Could you please start adding punctuation marks in your future posts? They're pretty damn useful.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

DoctorMantus
#14 Posted : 2/1/2011 12:48:21 PM

OfCourse ^
— Terence McKenna

burnt
#15 Posted : 2/1/2011 7:58:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
OK i don't believe that i would be that oblivious and stupid to try something i extracted from a random plant, i look at like if i get a successful extract then i wouldn't be preparing to smoke it until i was 100% on the ID of the plant. As eager as i am, i am patient, yet to breakthrough but i know i will have my time when its right. Please don't assume that i don't know what i am doing and i don't mean that in a cocky manner i am not trying to talk down to any1, I take DMT very seriously and smoking something i wasn't able to identify is something that wouldn't do. It wouldn't Bother me at all if you wanted to lock this i understand were you are coming from because i know there are many people trying things exactly like what i am doing and there are wayyyyy tooo many people who don't deserve and or can even handle the powers of the spice, i know because almost all of my friends were smoking this stuff last summer like it was weed and its funny cuz i never saw any of it, in my town it was the new big thing but every1 saw it as the NEW drug and only knew of its high and its kinda sad but i don't want to get too off topic but i feel yes this would be a good example for new comers.

Glad you brought this up. I apologize. Just when I read threads of people extracting plants with seeming intention to take substances from them without proper ID I get worried. It is dangerous. But you recognize that so good lets move on.

Do you have pictures of the tree? You should try and get a proper ID on the plant. Then check if any phytochemical investigations have ever been done.

DoctorMantus
#16 Posted : 2/2/2011 12:43:44 AM

no need to apologize unfortunately i don't have any pic honestly i moved on from that plant since i received my MHRB and yes lets move on.
— Terence McKenna

burnt
#17 Posted : 2/2/2011 8:35:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^All good but now you got me interested in what mimosa species live in hawaii.

Also you should understand the reason we have to be critical about certain posts concerning unknown plant material is that some members might not know if it safe or not to do such experiments. You did know and you made that clear after. But if someone read your first post only they may have gotten the impression thats its fine to just extract from related species and hope to get good substances. Just don't be offended thats the reason we try to comment on such things. At least thats my reason.

DoctorMantus
#18 Posted : 2/2/2011 8:49:55 AM

burnt wrote:
^^All good but now you got me interested in what mimosa species live in hawaii.

Also you should understand the reason we have to be critical about certain posts concerning unknown plant material is that some members might not know if it safe or not to do such experiments. You did know and you made that clear after. But if someone read your first post only they may have gotten the impression thats its fine to just extract from related species and hope to get good substances. Just don't be offended thats the reason we try to comment on such things. At least thats my reason.

Yes i understand completely and being offended is something i shouldn't have been for that person was only telling me the truth. if you are interested in species of mimosa in Hawaii i can keep that on update until i find any further information My GF Loves botany and gardening and both of us together are a pretty good team she got plant knowledge and i got extraction knowledge we wouldn't let each other try anything that is unsafe after open her eyes to DMT shes all about it now lol.
— Terence McKenna