We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Joe Rogan good or bad? Options

trashcan
#1 Posted : 2/2/2011 6:17:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rogan keeps on talking to the masses about DMT and its powerful effects. Because of this it is becoming more widely known, therefore it will be more likely to get criticized by the media. Tell me what you think.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

yaxar
#2 Posted : 2/2/2011 7:10:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Everybody needs something to talk about Smile - i can only hope that his heart is in the right place when he's talking about DMT. To me, he seems to be honest and passionate about it. More people are aware of this medicine than ever before, which means individually, we have more responsibility of respecting spice and lending a helping hand to who so ever wishes to dwell in this world.
Any Spice critic is what it is - a Hater! Razz
Observing in Silence!

-------------Everything posted by this user are the insane ramblings of an itch that is in the deepest oceans and highest skies. The author holds no responsibility for any content published.-------------

http://toomanybloggersontheweb.blogspot.com/

seven7seven
#3 Posted : 2/2/2011 7:39:24 AM

Stewie

DMT already has a bad name. Joe Rogan can't hurt it.

I learned about DMT from Joe. I think its cool he talks so openly about it. It creates a dialog.

TrustLoveMan
#4 Posted : 2/2/2011 7:48:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right now awareness is probably more important than image.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

ragabr
#5 Posted : 2/2/2011 4:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems to me that he often lets his exuberance take over, and many people get the wrong idea regarding it. I feel that his presentation would appeal mostly to the group who enjoy putting videos of themselves on salvia online - but that could just be my own prejudice there.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Global
#6 Posted : 2/2/2011 5:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I think Joe Rogan is a useful tool at at attracting those to the molecule who never would have found it. About four years ago, Joe Rogan introduced me to the idea of DMT, and while I currently hold few common viewpoints with him on the molecule, I think it may only be because of him that I got into the whole thing (possibly psychedelics overall) because of Joe.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 2/2/2011 8:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like Joe. I can't really fault him for saying things that aren't exactly accurate...

He admits that he's only done DMT a few times (2 or 3?) and that was all he needed. IMO, he helps get people interested in the spice, which is a good thing. Anything that pushes people to explore and do research is a good thing, IMO.

I'm also a UFC fan...and he knows a hell of a lot about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Smile

benzyme
#8 Posted : 2/2/2011 9:30:22 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

while I don't consider him anymore qualified to give talks on DMT than, say, Andy Milanakis, he has raised some mainstream awareness on the subject. whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know. What I do know is his little interviews presented Strassman theories as some sort of psychedelic law, and now his followers shun any naysayers, even if contradictory
evidence is proposed. the science doesn't matter to them, because Joe Rogan is right, and you're just a moron. Rolling eyes
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Guagua
#9 Posted : 2/2/2011 10:48:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my bro tried changa in OZ 5 years back and tried to explain it to me but it wasnt till i heard Joe Rogan's take about it that i really became interested. for me, this is a good thing Pleased

I'd agree that Strassmans theory are not presented as theories, and its not until i reached the nexus that i have heard much debate about it. Im interested to find out more of the contrary evidence... howvever, the strassman theories do warm mi heart a little.

Quetzalcoatl supreme letting off steam, Dimethyltryptamine make a man dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6HVNuJD64

Cowboy5560
#10 Posted : 2/3/2011 12:40:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it weren't for his stand up comedy, I would have never known about spice. At first I thought he was kind of a douche, then I thought his comedy was hilarious and his outlook on life made sense in a way. Then I found out about DMT through him several years ago.

His video surely made me and many others quick to jump to some DMT/dreaming/pineal/life & death conclusions, which are obviously debatable or inconclusive.

His youtube videos and hosting The Spirit Molecule documentary are surely grabbing people's attention. I like Joe, and it was him that sorta introduced me to DMT, but the publicity he brings might be too much attention.

DMT is still fairly a secret to the general public. It's not even listed on the DEA's website or Partnership for Drug Free Americas website. I surely don't ever think it will be legalized. Even with supposed little to no long term side effects, the idea is just too crazy for the average person to fathom without extensive education. Too many people would use it as a party drug, and then the news would be flooded w/ people going crazy from it.

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 2/3/2011 3:20:33 AM

John Murdoch IV

Guagua wrote:
my bro tried changa in OZ 5 years back and tried to explain it to me but it wasnt till i heard Joe Rogan's take about it that i really became interested. for me, this is a good thing Pleased

Why did you choose to listen to Joe Rogan but not your own brother?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

trashcan
#12 Posted : 2/3/2011 3:24:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

definitely should have listened to your brother. I came across dmt on google. i didnt realize joe rogan was so many peoples reason for coming here

benzyme
#13 Posted : 2/3/2011 3:51:24 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

DMTripper wrote:

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

xebiche
#14 Posted : 2/3/2011 3:57:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We here are a minority. Joe ((and Strassman to a lesser extent)) is the ONLY one of us who has the ability to go public. Fearlessly.., and with a microphone. He doesn't do this for himself, he does this for all of us.

He is our spokesperson.
Honor the Man. He is BRINGING IT.

Thank You Joe
Thank You Joe
Thank You Joe

"This aint for the underground this here is for the Sun".

Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back

MooshyPeaches
#15 Posted : 2/3/2011 4:22:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joe rogans video on youtube is when i first heard of dmt

۩
#16 Posted : 2/3/2011 4:43:58 AM

Joe Rogan is no more my spokesperson than Jesus is.

burnt
#17 Posted : 2/3/2011 8:35:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Wow I am surprised how many people first heard of dmt via joe rogan.

seven7seven
#18 Posted : 2/3/2011 8:46:56 AM

Stewie

DMTripper wrote:

maybe his brother just doesn't have a way with words. Joe Rogan talks about DMT with so much passion, it's hard not to listen to him.

also
listening =/= trust

seven7seven
#19 Posted : 2/3/2011 8:48:47 AM

Stewie

obliguhl
#20 Posted : 2/3/2011 8:55:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
DMT already has a bad name.

Not in my books

123NEXT»