We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
interesting second pull, what is this?? Options

devineinmymind
#1 Posted : 1/29/2011 2:55:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey guys this is my first ever extraction using stb tek down to the word.so heres the story 1st pull was very successfull and clean mostly white/off white crystals. but then when getting ready for second pull, i guess i must have twirled the jar too much and caused a emulsion. it would not break up for like 3 days i tried every thing: numerous very hot baths, lots of salt,tapping, adding a little water, nothing would seperate the layers and give me back the yellow or white layer on top. so i after 3 days top layer was dark orange/red and didnt want to throw it away so said screw it im gonna pull it as is, i gave one more hot bath with tapping on sides to get the bark pieces to sink before pulling, put in fridge for 5 hours, freezer for 19...this is what i get, orange,dark orange, few little traces of white, and a little sticky sludge on bottom of jar. So my question is what is this, maybe that jungle spice ive been reading around? or is this just very dirty spice that i should mayb recrystalize/ammonia wash? thnks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/29/2011 3:00:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would guess there are probably some mimosa particles suspended in the naphtha which refused to settle and you pulled them along. I suggest you redissolve this in naphtha, salt the naphtha with vinegar 3x, base the vinegar, extract again. Or at least redissolve in naphtha do a sodium carb wash (not ammonia wash!) and freeze precip

devineinmymind
#3 Posted : 1/29/2011 10:21:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so u think that what i got is no good to smoke?
if no than can u please describe the 1st suggestion in more detail, like how much of what, what to do, how long...since dont think b able to find sodium carb where i live in israel. and vinegar 3x, is that like regular vinegar u buy at the grocery store? thnks

cker
#4 Posted : 1/30/2011 3:21:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

devine, You can easily make sodium carbonate from baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). Here's the tek: Na2CO3 tek

You can find a washing tek by searching Nexus. It is EZ to do. Good luck.

dmt005
#5 Posted : 1/30/2011 6:01:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say recrystallize but that stuff looks like it needs a bit of work. was your naptha a redish color when you pulled it? Looks like that might have been the case. Ether way here is my 2 cents

This is what you are going to want to do, re salt, basify, re pull.

Take your redish looking stuff redissolve with solvent, in this case naptha. Then pour in some acidified solution ( vinegar, or what ever other acid you are using), shake the mixture up , this will "clean" the red color and put it back in the aqueous layer. Then you are going to want to raise the PH of the solution to convert back to a freebase which will then go into your naptha layer.

When SWIM has done this she tried to keep her naptha warm this might be unnecessary but she does it anyway.

I would also recommend a sodium carbonate wash ( some say this is unneeded but SWIM usually does it every time no matter how strict she was with her lab teks ). You can get sodium carbonate easily, 1 go to the hardware store and pick up some PH + from the outdoor spa area, or you can make it your self easily enough by heating sodium bicarbonate ( baking soda ).

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

devineinmymind
#6 Posted : 1/31/2011 5:25:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thnks for advice guys, imma do the recrystallize since no sodiumrb here, checked everywhere no baking soda either, cant wait, ill be on my first journey to hyperspace very soon Smile

SHroomtroll
#7 Posted : 2/1/2011 9:14:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It´s probably just plants fats that made it red, i always get red crystals when i heat the naphta/bootle to much.

It´s probably smokeable but it can´´t hurt to clean it up if you wan´t to. at least a few re-x´s

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 2/2/2011 2:02:54 AM

John Murdoch IV

When having problems with emulsion it's good to add lye. Usually very effective.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!