We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hey Guys Options

byallmeansart
#1 Posted : 1/28/2011 2:41:33 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

I've been lurking the nexus with an account for a couple of weeks, been reading the wiki for even longer, so I'm really not a stranger, just no longer anonymous.

I have a fair amount of experience with DMT (broken through a few times), much moreso in the form of ayahuasca, who I have been knee deep in a love affair with for around 8 months now. My experience with psychedelics in general goes a lot further than that, but some of those, while excellent for introspection, don't have the spiritual aspect that DMT does, so while it's fun to eat acid like candy and walk around the city, for some reason it just doesn't have the same entheogenic effects for me as DMT (nor do mushrooms, for that matter). My favorite way to take psychedelics, DMT especially (orally), is out in nature, lost somewhere in the woods, as it seems to be with a lot of people. I've given the whole Terrence McKenna total-darkness-sensory-deprivation route a couple of shots, and while it was really intense and enveloping, it just wasn't as profound for me. I like to get out in the world, and more than anything be around people that I can share my ideas with.

I really love the feel of this community, and the fact that I can call it a "community" at all, because most places on the internet these days are just full of hostility and anger. I'm proud to be able to say I'm a member of the nexus now.

I can't say that I have much background in chemistry, but I've been soaking in as much as I possibly can from the wiki and the forum lately. I actually intend on attempting my first extraction from MHRB this weekend, so I'll let all of you know how that goes.

My chief passion (aside from consciousness expansion, of course) is writing, so I'm pretty excited to start contributing some experience reports.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions, I'm glad to be a part of this!
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 1/28/2011 3:03:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to the kamoonity.

Rivea
#3 Posted : 1/28/2011 3:51:48 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

This is a great place to lean a lot and to hang out with like minded people. Good luck with your extraction.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Enoon
#4 Posted : 1/28/2011 7:43:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi and welcome!

I liked your intro. What kind of stuff do you write? I'm a big fan of writing and occasionally try to do it myself. Either here - in replying to intro essays (or other threads Razz ) - or on some secret files on my computer... Writing can be introspective, cathartic, revealing, explorative and also just plain fun. I love it Smile What do you like about it?

It's strange that you say lsd and mushrooms don't have the same depth for you (or am I misunderstanding your use of *entheogenic effects* ?) High doses of either have blasted me into cosmic networks of divine energy while writhing on the floor. But I hear a lot of people saying the same thing you say. I guess it's an individual thing; for me all of the psychedelics I've tried so far (shrooms, acid, spice) have about the same depth, even though they are all different. But by a high dose I mean a dose where walking becomes highly improbable or even impossible - full immersion.

Also I find it difficult to trip in nature. I guess I'm just paranoid, but I wouldn't want to accidentally meet anyone while unable to communicate even in the most basic ways. Maybe my idea of nature is a bit different from yours, since I live in a city in a densely populated country. So if I were to look for isolation I'd probably have to cross a couple of borders. Despite this, I've done it a few times outside in nature (or semi-nature) and have to say... it's nice, but I prefer complete introspection and solitude most of the times.
I love how it differs for everyone.

Oh and yeah, this IS a community and a fantastic one at that. hope you enjoy. And may your extractions go well.

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

byallmeansart
#5 Posted : 1/31/2011 4:59:15 AM

EET MOAR PHARMA~*

I write a lot of stuff for cathartic, introspective purposes. I use it to learn about myself. I really love writing trip reports (well, moreso just stories about my experiences, but they can still be considered reports) and allegories (metaphors and such for events in my life). I love how it helps me keep track of my thoughts, and acts as a wonderful emotional release. Plus, I love art, and it is without a doubt the art form that I'm most talented at.

"Depth" is a perfect word to describe the lacking entheogenic effects from mushrooms and lsd for me. It's not that they aren't great, and that they can't teach me anything, but I definitely learn so much more from DMT. DMT also completely mitigates all of my existential anxiety for periods of weeks (when used in the form of almighty ayahuasca). It makes me feel so clearly, truly like a creature of the light. The largest dose of mushrooms I've ever taken was six dried grams, and while it was a lot of fun, all that really happened were really strong visuals and all of the effects of excruciating pain without actually being in pain. I was writhing on my bed in the dark and grunting like a wild animal for hours. Lots of fun and extremely euphoric, but very little introspection was gleaned from that experience. Acid for me is just like psychedelic candy. It's so much fun, but hardly spiritual at all.

Aya, on the other hand, she is my mistress. I actually had the most intense experience of my life last night. I decided to go against the extraction and just do it traditionally. My mao's were completely shut down, and I estimate there must've been somewhere around 250 milligrams of dmt in the brew (judging by the standard 1% yield from Adenium MHRB; I used 25 grams of powdered bark). I don't think I've ever done that perfect of a job making the brew. One of my best friends who took an equal dose with me said his heart stopped beating for several seconds and he literally died, then was reborn. I spent a solid 3 hours completely in the spirit world, having the most beautiful, awe inspiring, cleansing visions. I feel like I have been scrubbed clean of all negative things in my body. After that, I spent another 5 or 6 hours fading in and out of reality. It's actually tough to give time limits, because for the majority of the experience I had absolutely no concept of time and had left my body.

I'm working on a trip report right now, it was so fucking incredible. I feel like a changed person. The intense visuals (open eyed, not necessarily the visions) lasted a total of 12 hours, and the physical effects lasted another 15. We dosed at 11 pm, it took effect at 12 midnight, and it wasn't until 3 pm today that I could walk without falling all over the place. I imagine that this is how the shaman's do it in the heart of South America.

It's definitely easy for me to get into really secluded spots outside. I don't live in a very densely populated area. I mean, my city is considered a "metropolis," but it is surrounded almost completely by empty nature. We frequently go camping on what we call "spirit quests." And I'm pretty certain that's still my favorite setting, but after last night I completely understand the introspective solitude setting and its appeal. Then again, I'm usually not ingesting enough chemicals to completely lose touch with my body and all of reality, so if I'm not taking it that far I think I'd prefer to keep it outside.

DMT really showed me how much potential for growth is has last night, though. I feel so good. As in, the opposite of evil. Valiant. A creature of the light.
I'm glad to be a part of this
byallmeansart
I am seriously making all of this stuff up. No, really.

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 1/31/2011 6:53:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweet. I knew you were a keeper. Consider yourself sufficiently nursed.

I look forward to reading more.

Enoon
#7 Posted : 1/31/2011 8:37:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

byallmeansart, thanks for your expounding and your thoughts! Smile
I still stand by my statement that they have the same depth. The most harrowing and transformative experiences I've had were on shrooms or acid+rue; I've yet to see dmt change me so, though I do not doubt it will. So far it has been working in smaller steps on me, gradually catalyzing metamorphosis.

Glad you're one of us now Razz

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

xebiche
#8 Posted : 2/1/2011 2:22:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A good writer could give understand to confusion. A good writer Inspires. I await you work.

Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back

Pandora
#9 Posted : 2/1/2011 3:06:46 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi byallmeansart,

Welcome to the Nexus & congratulations on your lightning fast promotion! Your introduction was great. I really look forward to reading more of your work. The few paragraphs you wrote above resonated deeply. Thank you.

Again, welcome!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

ragabr
#10 Posted : 2/1/2011 2:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, byallmeansart! Sounds like an insane journey you had there. My style is much closer to Enoon's, and nothing can beat the feeling of getting wired into the Cyborg-consciousness of Universe I get on LSD... except smoking DMT at it's peak, but Aya does have something very special about her.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Minus The H
#11 Posted : 2/2/2011 12:54:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HELLO byallmeansart!!!! I have to say your intro just reached out, pulled me in and smacked me around a bit. I was just cruising along and here came your intro. I look forward to your trip reports and hope you post some around here. I myself, like Enoon, enjoys acid greatly!!! I am new, within the past year, to the psychedelic world. I am getting my feet wet with other things. I have yet to break through with DMT and have not done Aya but welcome the experience. I found god with acid and it seems to currently be rocking my world.

I wish you the best of luck in your travels and cant wait to hear more Smile
Safe travels everyone!!!

Free yourself from yourself...