We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
U.S. Citizens! Food Safety Bill S 510!!! Options

Lodi
#41 Posted : 2/1/2011 3:25:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been doing a lot of research on this lately... I am still in disbelief that they are trying this so they can take even more control over the world. What they are doing is making it impossible for there to be organic or all natural food, they are making it so they dont need a reason to "secure" a state, or farms, or cities food supply at any time they want. There is not allowed to be traded goods between one person or another or it would be called smuggling into the U.S.A. how does that sound??

Same thing Clinton pulled in the 90s, that shut down every small town meat processor and turned them all over to corporate hands, There reason for it was that small meat processors were contaminated, yet they made this assumption without any proof at all..
directly after that the country saw large breakouts of ecoli and tapeworm across the country. Our meat products have never been the same since good ol' bill clinton made the HACCP.

Bob Dylan was right...
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wave Rider
#42 Posted : 2/1/2011 8:16:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IMHO the FDA's power should be limited strictly to providing information to the general public; letting them decide for themselves what is safe or not safe; what they will or will not consume.

As for the case of aspartame: It may or may not be a neurotoxin that kills brain cells, I don't care. If I want to drink a diet soda and not drink sugar, then it is my right. It is not the governments right to "ban" or "allow" such substances. I drop LSD for fuck's sake, I'm sure that's great for brain cells. I still do it, and I wish I had the legal right to choose whether or not to partake instead of doing it illegally when I choose to do so. If I want to buy expired milk, then it is (well, isn't, but should be) my right. If I want to dabble in unsafe practices, then I should be allowed to do so, not forced by the hand of Big Brother to comply. I support the FDA as an information-only institution, not as an all powerful being in the sky.

As for the baby food example by Gilbran2: If a corporation was poisoning baby food, causing deaths, there is little doubt that they would soon be out of business. Killing babies isn't good for business. In fact they (rather, the parents of) are the very customer base from which they obtain profit. A dead baby can't drink formula, nor can their parents buy it. Plus, there would be a media frenzy declaring the product unsafe / death causing. This is self regulation.

Did anyone read the part about being reported to the department of homeland security for violating import laws of unsafe food products? Does this mean that I can be reported for ordering 112 grams of syrian rue from the Netherlands? Who decides? The government? I don't trust them.

Here is an example for ya pertaining to the bill: Suppose I want to grow a pumpkin patch in my back yard to raise a little extra Christmas money. Say, for instance, I grow 500 pumpkins. The bill is open to too much interpretation on this. Who decides whether this is large scale or small scale? Who decides whether or not I have to implement expensive safety precautions? The government? Am I going to have to apply for, and pay expensive license fees? Who decides? The government? Am I going to be banned from doing this or risk SWAT raids if I don't comply? This is silly. The government is overstepping their bounds by simply PROPOSING this bill and many similar to it. Let alone passing it.

Every regulation takes another one of your rights away. There will, IMHO, come a point when we will decide that we don't want the government to "keep us safe" anymore, we just want our rights back. Hopefully, by that time it isn't too late.

Love, peace and hair grease.

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Hunter S. Thompson

SKA
#43 Posted : 2/1/2011 8:51:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've seen those violent police raids at that community garden store in California too. It's outright insanity.

I just hope to be able to live in a self-built house, growing my own food, providing my own electricity and growing old like that without having to worry about police squads raiding my farm with submachine guns.

Living in a peacefull, natural enviroment. Reducing living costs, ecological impact and consumerism by providing for my own housing, food, electricity and drinking water. If that is going to be considered some kind of capital crime in all nations in the future that isn't a very bright perspective. If this is as bad as it seems, I hope there will remain many countries unaffected by this "war on individual freedom" so I can move there and grow old living the life I love.

BecometheOther
#44 Posted : 2/1/2011 9:23:32 PM

metamorhpasizer

I had never heard of monsanto...

I wikied it, and what I read just about made me want to fucking puke...

Seriously wiki monsanto and read it. This is pure fucking evil, I cant believe anyone here is blind
enough to think this is a "good thing" for our health and civil liberties..

Come on wake up!

check this out..
Former Monsanto lobbyist Michael R. Taylor was appointed as a senior adviser to the Food and Drug Administration (United States) Commissioner on food safety on July 7, 2009.[117]

Oh yeah thats not a conflict of interest at all, of course hes got our health and civil liberties in mind!
(gag, choke)

Come on wake up the system is fucked!

And then i googled monsanto, and on their official site it says

"What is monsanto all about, one word, FARMERS!" (excuse my while I wretch my soul out)
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

PREV123