We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tobacco contains haramine Options

FiorSirtheoir
#1 Posted : 1/31/2011 10:53:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just read that tobacco contains haramine, anyone confirm this? Anyone know the percentage?

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 1/31/2011 11:25:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Not sure about harmine, I know tobacco contains harmane, norharmane, and some related alkaloids. Google & Google scholar searches for tobacco + harmane provides details.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 1/31/2011 11:29:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I heard it mentioning that smoking can prevent altzheimer's. But i always figured that's simply because smokers die youngRolling eyes .

soulfood
#4 Posted : 1/31/2011 11:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Isn't it just certain types of tobacco that contain these alkaloids?

I can't think which ones do and which don't as there are so many varieties, but I'm fairly sure it's not across the board.

Nicotiana tabacum is the main commercially available tobacco right? I'm pretty sure that one doesn't contain Harmaloids, however I believe Rustica (mapacho) does. No clue about any other species.

That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge on tobacco

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 2/1/2011 1:01:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^That's what I have heard/read too, although I'm not a tobacco expert. I think it is only the Amazonian mapacho tobacco Nicotiana rustica that is interesting from a harmaloids angle. Certainly this species contains a few different harmaloids, as well as much higher quantities of nicotine.

FiorSirtheoir
#6 Posted : 2/1/2011 2:14:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not familiar enough with chemistry, yet, to come to my own conclusions. So, will the other alkaloids in these tobaccos adhere to the chlorides from NaCl, using the rue salt extraction? Could you get just harmoliods from it?
The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 2/1/2011 2:55:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Honestly, it's probably not worth it.

Although it's possible that the manske reaction will favour the alkaloids in question, for harmaloids you will definately get more bang for your buck with peganum harmala.