We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Concerns over bid to ban plants containing DMT in Australia Options

gilga_mesh
#1 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:01:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought this might be interesting for our fellow spicers:

"PEOPLE concerned about a proposed schedule banning plants deemed to be precursors to illicit drugs have until March 11 to respond to the Federal Attorney-General's Department.

Many ecologists and plant enthusiasts are outraged the list includes any plant containing DMT – a naturally-occurring hallucinogen predominantly found in wattle trees – as well as common garden plants like datura (angel's trumpet), various succulents and other plants like Diviners Sage, Kratom and Khat."

full article:
http://www.northernstar....1/27/plants-lismore-dmt/
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

neverwas
#2 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:19:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty sure they wont succeed In banning all DMT containing plants. They might as well uproot the whole landscape. And if they were really serious they'd have to eliminate DMT containing animals and people. What the hell is wrong with the Australian government?

Just for the record, I don't think datura, diviners sage, kratom or khat contain DMT, at least in quantities that would produce results over the main alkaloids in said plants.
My name is love, for I am without fear

DoctorMantus
#3 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:25:45 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Morbiddoctor wrote:
Pretty sure they wont succeed In banning all DMT containing plants. They might as well uproot the whole landscape. And if they were really serious they'd have to eliminate DMT containing animals and people. What the hell is wrong with the Australian government?

Just for the record, I don't think datura, diviners sage, kratom or khat contain DMT, at least in quantities that would produce results over the main alkaloids in said plants.

Yea i dont think those things contain it either psychoactive properties but not dmt.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

gilga_mesh
#4 Posted : 1/30/2011 9:38:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DoctorMantus wrote:
Morbiddoctor wrote:

Yea i dont think those things contain it either psychoactive properties but not dmt.

I agree, but these are just some plants they're targeting. But wattle trees = acacia = most potent plant for DMT in AUS

Also I heard they're toughening in Canada, UK as well, so this looks like it is some Commonwealth ban...

"Somebody" fears the mind liberating effect of spice on society
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 1/30/2011 2:47:36 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

gilga_mesh wrote:

Do people really believe that the Man wants to ban these plants because of their liberating effects on the society?Confused Too bad psychedelics load people's minds with false preconceptions and illusions as much as they liberate the mind.

The Man is not too concerned about mind liberation.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

polytrip
#6 Posted : 1/30/2011 3:15:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Infundibulum wrote:
gilga_mesh wrote:

Do people really believe that the Man wants to ban these plants because of their liberating effects on the society?Confused Too bad psychedelics load people's minds with false preconceptions and illusions as much as they liberate the mind.

The Man is not too concerned about mind liberation.

The mind-liberating effects are maybe not of direct concern, but i do think that psychedelic's are banned because they're associated with hippies who believe in 'peace and love': The ban on LSD, mescaline and other psychedelic's in the sixties was sparked by great concerns the old tarts had about the young and their drop-out attitude. 'peace and love' is generally seen by right-wing politicians, as a less politically and economically productive concept than warfare and hate. People like carl rove have proven this over and over.

Indirectly, the mind liberating effect is most certainly an issue of concern to 'the man' as you call these people.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 1/30/2011 8:49:12 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

polytrip wrote:
The mind-liberating effects are maybe not of direct concern, but i do think that psychedelic's are banned because they're associated with hippies who believe in 'peace and love': The ban on LSD, mescaline and other psychedelic's in the sixties was sparked by great concerns the old tarts had about the young and their drop-out attitude. 'peace and love' is generally seen by right-wing politicians, as a less politically and economically productive concept than warfare and hate. People like carl rove have proven this over and over.

Indirectly, the mind liberating effect is most certainly an issue of concern to 'the man' as you call these people.

I personally regard psychedelics as an important tool for personal development, but I am uncertain to their capacity to really change the status-quo of this society. But that's a totally different discussion topic.

I would really love to know what is exactly in the minds of ban-happy tarts; often they're either really two-faced-under-a-mask to really understand their true motives or plainly too stupid to even be taken credibly.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!