We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does this DMT look alright? Pictures... Options

TravisH997
#1 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:02:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, I'm doing my first DMT extraction using the Lazyman's Tek (which I've heard is actually shit compared to others) and this is my first pan of crystals from evaporating the naphtha. Do these look good?

And a couple areas are still a bit sticky, as in I can touch them and my fingerprint remains. It's been four days though, is this normal for it to not be done evaporating yet?

The center of this picture has one of the sticky spots I mentioned.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:10:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey! Good job on the extraction

Check this thread out, hope it helps!

TravisH997
#3 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:32:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Hey! Good job on the extraction

Check this thread out, hope it helps!

I read a page or two, but I'm not sure what to take from it...

Would you think there is still naphtha present or only fats/oils? It smells almost identical to steamed rice Laughing

And do you think the little spots will eventually evaporate and crystallize? Or should I scrape everything up, put it on a plate, and let it dry that way?

gammagore
#4 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:44:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is that gold color that is so present a reflection of somthing in the room?

Id scrape up the dry parts along with all the xtals(yummy). Get it out of the dish, then scrape and smear the rest of the oily bits. It should harden. If there is alot of that oily stuff you could re-x it to get some xtals from it.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:46:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well what you can take from the thread is for example: Does your solvent evap clean?

Its possible it wont really all crystallize, due to plant oils or possibly remaining solvent traces... Scrapping it around might help harden up, but also as said in the thread, I recommend redissolving in pure alcohol/acetone/IPA and re-evaporating to help remove solvent traces.

If you want you can also do recrystallization, check the FAQ for instructions

Good luck

narmz
#6 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:47:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Get it out of the dish, then scrape and smear the rest of the oily bits. It should harden.

do this
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

TravisH997
#7 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:54:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Is that gold color that is so present a reflection of somthing in the room?

Id scrape up the dry parts along with all the xtals(yummy). Get it out of the dish, then scrape and smear the rest of the oily bits. It should harden. If there is alot of that oily stuff you could re-x it to get some xtals from it.

Thanks, the gold color is actually the color of it. Is that bad?

gammagore
#8 Posted : 1/26/2011 12:00:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No its not bad, it just looks very niceSmile

endlessness wrote:
Your spice is ok to smoke when:
1- Your solvent evaps clean..............
2- You have let the spice dry for long enough to evap solvent traces....................
3- There are no remains of the mimosa soup that carried over when separating the pulls..................
4- If you subjectively feel ok with your stuff.......................

and
TravisH997 wrote:

Its only one page long dude.

TravisH997
#9 Posted : 1/26/2011 12:01:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
No its not bad, it just looks very niceSmile

endlessness wrote:
Your spice is ok to smoke when:
1- Your solvent evaps clean..............
2- You have let the spice dry for long enough to evap solvent traces....................
3- There are no remains of the mimosa soup that carried over when separating the pulls..................
4- If you subjectively feel ok with your stuff.......................

and
TravisH997 wrote:

Its only one page long dude.

Hahaha wow I feel like a dipshit. Thanks for the help though man, I was really worrying about it for a bit.

Psilocin Dreams
#10 Posted : 1/26/2011 12:05:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its been my expierence that the oily residue needs to be scraped up like previously said and allowed to evap and harden more. Smoking it would be kinda harsh and i wouldnt recomend it but if you used a pure solvent i wouldnt worry too much. The reason its yellow/gold is due to oxidation/contaminants, but to be honest with you i prefer the yellow oxide to the pure white. It comes on a lil slower giving you a second to grasp what is going on and seems to fade out with a nice body buzz. But to each their own.

TravisH997
#11 Posted : 1/26/2011 12:14:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Psilocin Dreams wrote:
Its been my expierence that the oily residue needs to be scraped up like previously said and allowed to evap and harden more. Smoking it would be kinda harsh and i wouldnt recomend it but if you used a pure solvent i wouldnt worry too much. The reason its yellow/gold is due to oxidation/contaminants, but to be honest with you i prefer the yellow oxide to the pure white. It comes on a lil slower giving you a second to grasp what is going on and seems to fade out with a nice body buzz. But to each their own.

On Saturday night a friend and I actually picked up some of the big crystals and each dosed 50mg, with it being the first time for us both. There was definitely a NICE body buzz that came on when I finished my friend's bowl.

Spock's Brain
#12 Posted : 1/29/2011 12:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The sticky stuff is the fatty oils from the material. You can get the crystals out by doing a freeze precipitation rather than just evaporating it all the way down. You can smoke it as it also, but you can get allot more results by eliminating the oils.
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

vampir
#13 Posted : 1/30/2011 7:14:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM suggest a freeze precipitation too, rather than evaporating the naphtha.