We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
intro Options

the Cake
#1 Posted : 1/28/2011 9:31:07 PM
Nat

Hello all, short time lurker, first time poster. I tried DMT for the first time recently, and had a magical experience. It is a day or so later and i seem to be experiencing a "rebound" effect, where i am feeling a mild case of the blues, kinda languid. I've experienced this before, with LSD a few years ago, where a very positive experience was followed up with a feeling of transient depression.

I've heard some people say 5-HTP can work well to boost the mood, but i've had less than positive results in the past. My friends want to go out drinking tonight, but i am feeling withdrawn. When i smoked chenga, i felt such a surge of love and vitality and compassion, and now i feel listless and lonely and off-balance.

I don't mean to be such a downer, i'm just wondering what some people's experiences in this realm are. Psychedelics sometimes give off a very nice afterglow, but somehow this time i feel spent.

Anyway, nice to meet you all i'm sure, here's to drugs!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gammagore
#2 Posted : 1/28/2011 11:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

drugs mess people up, dont ya know that?Wink

all i can say is that you gotta try and integrate the experience, or maybe even this kind of experience isnt for you?

take a read through the health and safety in the wiki, https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...s_Wiki:Health_and_Safety

sorry if i dont have anything more helpfull to say, just remember that you need to find a balance between the journey and everyday life

hope you feel better soon broSmile

Pandora
#3 Posted : 1/29/2011 12:37:41 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi the Cake,

Welcome to the Nexus!

In general I agree with gammagore, above. Integration is essential with something as powerful and reality-shattering as DMT. Give yourself some time to figure out what you feel it means to you. Also his implication that it may not be for you is worth considering if the day after is so difficult.

But, I often suggest to folks in your position that this time is an opportunity. You are feeling withdrawn? Maybe it's worth considering taking an evening or more than one to not go out, not drink with friends or whatever, this time, and do some serious exploration. In my opinion, times of difficulty can engender growth. I wouldn't seek them out but I wouldn't shun them when they present themselves.

To me, personally, DMT is a chemical catalyst. It has helped me to enable change in my life and it has taught me new ways of seeing things by showing me so much. Difficult to describe.

Regardless of whether or not DMT is for you, check this place out, check out the FAQ, especially the Health & Safety and Integration stuff. It's well researched by folks who have been there and who can write. Well worth the time to read.

Again, welcome to the Nexus!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

the Cake
#4 Posted : 1/29/2011 3:21:21 AM
Nat

thanks for the advise. i've been enjoying a fairly quiet (and so far substance-free) evening in. Well, substance-free unless you count the new Deerhunter album. Pleased I've been reading stuff on this website that you fine folks call "The Nexus" and it has given me some perspective, specifically how having an "off day" is not entirely uncommon after a trip to hyperspace. Just knowing that makes me feel better.

Part of the problem may have been instead of spending yesterday processing my trip, i was hanging out with a friend of mine who no longer seems very interested in psychedelics. It wasn't something he seemed particularly interested in hearing about. While we were hanging out, i kind of put myself in a position where i came over to be ignored. We mostly talked about game characters, something that he is far more interested than i am. It was okay i guess, but it went on all day, and i should have spoken up sooner. That is something that i know i have to work on, asserting myself in friendly situations, not being a doormat and so on.

more on this story as it develops

Minus The H
#5 Posted : 1/29/2011 3:57:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I cant say that I share the same experience on DMT but I'm not 100% sure I've broken all the way through myself. Last I left it, I had just met them and they were checking me out. Welcoming me into the new world that next time I was hopefully going to explore. But I can say after a night with Lucy, my moods are definitely shifted. It takes a min to absorb what we just forced ourselves to experience. We all know here we are not consuming for pure recreation. There is something else we all take out of these experiences. I would have to agree with Pandora, taking time to digest everything is recommended. You need to fully digest what was just fed to you. I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your journeys and please continue to post. Always fun to read experiences of fellow newbies...lol especially to be able to share some and not feel as if you're alone in this CRAZY world.
Safe travels everyone!!!

Free yourself from yourself...