We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dancing with frogs, first time bufo extraction. Options

LandOfOz
#1 Posted : 1/27/2011 5:20:49 AM

Oz

There is not a DAMN store in my town that sells CaOH and ive yet to order it. thus steps 4,5,6. ive used this method before tho to yield a raw freebase seed product. ph tested.
Well this is my first, non mimosa, tryptamine extraction. 2 years there.

i do not know the logxp of bufo and odorless mineral spirits. i find them infinitely superior to naphtha in nn,dmt extraction and didnt even think until now they may not pull the bufo fats.

24-27 i believe show this substance to be hygroscopic. addition of anhydrous acetone causing it to become rock hard and brittle again is why i think this.

1. 150 colubrina C. seeds peeled
2. seeds chopped up and baked at 225f for 30min
3. pulverized to consistency of ebay teniaflora bark with a marble mortar/pestle. tan color.
4. ~175ml 17-30% Aqueous CaCl2 solution was dripped into 400ml NaOH saturated dist water.
5. CaOH precip was allowed to settle. water poured off and replaced with dist water.
6. again the water was removed. the collected CaOH sludge was placed in a filter and additional water was run thru. it was left in a wet paste solution with water.
7. CaOH was added to the baked seed powder. paste was worked about and spread in a pyrex dish.
8. the solution seemed to be too watery so the pyex dish was heated on a ceramic heat plate slowly to 200f with lid on.
9. lid removed to allow for evap. very strong ammonia gassing noted.
10. bone dry dark powder about the size of kosher salt.
11. covered in 100ml anhydrous acetone(epsom method)
12. covered and left overnight(sleep needed).
13. acetone filtered off and replaced with 100ml fresh.
14. both were combined.
15. FASA was dripped in with mixing until precip stopped.
16. brown precip was evapped to yield a medium brown powder. it WREAKED of peanut butter. at this point i assumed plant matter contam.
17. powder was placed in a filter and 150ml dist water was run thru.
18. water was very heavily dyed. a medium small amount of plant solids were removed by the filter. 50ml odorless mineral spirits were added and removed after rolling. little was pulled. solvent decanted.
19. water was placed in pyrex dish and heated slowly on a ceramic mantel to 200f with lid on.
20. lid removed and allowed to evap until an almost viscous liquid remained.
21. dish was set to cool on a steel heatsink.
22. a transparent redish brown film was evenly distributed on the dish. when cut with a razor it splintered up and at me. almost like glass.
23. a dull razor was used to score an X,Y,XY grid then it was scraped up more safely.
24. this dry almost drawn sugar like substance was placed in an amber jar and corked for the night. 1.3g...
25. the following day, when removed the substance had liquefied some. tacky, amorphous.
26. upon chopping it condensed from what was almost like glass shards to a tar heroin consistency. this was added to acetone to check purity.
27. no observable solution was formed. it infact made the isolate brittle again.
28. 2mg was removed from acetone and dried.
29. sample was placed in 2ml OMSpirits. no observable solution was formed.
30. 2ml dist water was added. sample dissolved with little work.
31. the isolate is clearly all fumerate.

the rest of the isolate is still under acetone. im curious as to how i should best proceed. i would liek to use sodium carbonate at this point as my base. i have read that calcium is maybe the only truely bio available salt. most teks use CaOH. why is this? sensitive to ph? i have soem more CaOH, NaOH and sodium bicarb that can be baked to carbonate.
sulfuric, fumaric, tartaric, citric, ascorbic acids are available. acetone odorless mineral spirits d-limo MEK and heptane at hand. naphtha upon request.

Your thoughts nexus?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Garulfo
#2 Posted : 1/27/2011 1:23:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not really know what was wrong but step22 look likes the wanted result. Maybe it went gooish because of humidity ? Bufo enjoy dry environment.

step22 will not dissolve in oil spirit, nor water. Should dissolve into ethanol tough.

Try to smoke a bit of step22. If you get quickly nauseous, you got it Rolling eyes
Just take your step22 and dry it slowly (< 150 C) for 20 mn (should be hot, but not release smoke), then store it in a box with epsom salt (not mixing both of course).

Best way to dance with frogs : changa method = dry extract 40 % + harmala 20%+any herb you like 40% (SWIM enjoy sceletium tortuosum with bufo)

ragabr
#3 Posted : 1/27/2011 2:10:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has only used sodium carbonate, following this tek and it worked out perfectly. The No-Smell tek uses it as well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

LandOfOz
#4 Posted : 1/28/2011 4:47:44 AM

Oz

the fumerate salt should be water sol. i was using the other solvents to test purity.

32. raw bufo mass dissolved in 100ml water.
33. 1.5g sodium carbonate was added to 25ml dist water.
34. added slowly, then all. light brown precip formed. water very dark redish brown.
35. the precip was so fine it didnt wanna sink in the water so i tried to add more baseified water to reduce solubility.
36. after time for reaction, the precip still formed an equaboyant layer on the bottom with a 1mm layer of precip in a 200ml beaker.
37. water moved to pyrex dish and heated on a ceramic mantel to evap the water. i keep using these heat steps liberally to try and burn off as much contam as i can. heat tends to be the plauge in nndmt extraction.

LandOfOz
#5 Posted : 1/28/2011 7:00:26 AM

Oz

38. dried product was scraped and crushed into 20ml acetone. this was strained.
39. 80ml odorless mineral spirits added.
40. black liquid crashed out, clear yellow layer formed.
41. solvent moved to pyrex dish.
42. an overnight FP experiment will be tried after a portion of the acetone has evaped(however much till i go to bed)

i will post pics later but i did find some cool stuff. bufotenine or something still present in my yellow solvent exhibits a seafoam green to lime green color when exposed to a UV laser. the black crud that crashed out showed no activity. i know in poppy extraction the same is true for the opiate containing portion, a soft baby blue, elemicin from elemi oil, harmalas from rue. lsd. who knows.

EDIT:

oppon allowing the solvent to evap(acetone first then OMspirits due to volatility) more and more black goof is forming on the top(where the acetone is vaporizing). the more and more of this i remove the bluer the uv reaction of the bufo solvent is. isolated black toxin is now reacting vibrant green(free of solvent). there was a smal portion of OMspirits pull off the drying toxin that had got mixed up in solution and was left behidn after the acetone evaped. this reacts PINK to uv light. only 1ml of this solution was found.