We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Treating opium addiction using harmalas Options

Eranik
#1 Posted : 1/26/2011 5:20:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know anything about this?

Someone who really isn't me, is an old opium addict, being using oral opium for almost 20 years, he's a 70 years old male. likes to quit, and showed interest in quitting with harmalas when I mentioned it.

However I was mentioning it just as news and fun, I don't know really how it should be administered for this purpose. and unfortunately there's no rehab center here which administer harmalas, only shitty methadone centers exists.

I can provide the addict with pure harmala fumarate capsuls, but don't know about dosage, or the frequency of dosing, and such.

Any information?

BTW he's not a tobacco smoker, or stimulants of any kind, so he can use harmalas for quitting effectively.

p.s: Ibogaine is not an available option unfortunately here.
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mydriasis
#2 Posted : 1/27/2011 4:17:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not a pharmacology expert. However(edit) depending on the drug they use, if your friend were to relapse from the opiates it could be fatal. If it's Demerol(fairly uncommon) then expect depressed breathing, seizures, and/or serotonin poisoning.

Giving up a 20 year old habit won't be easy by any means. I hate to be pessimistic but I doubt the use of harmala alkaloids alone will catalyze such a change in the average person.

Iboga does seem to be the best route(drug-wise) its a shame you guys have it crossed off the list.

Best of luck to you and yours.
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

burnt
#3 Posted : 1/27/2011 6:24:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I believe there is a patent out describing the use of harmaloids for treatment of drug addiction. Its a terrible patent though. I don't have a link but the gist was like this:

Gave patient harmaloids, they stopped using drugs for a few days, lost contact with patient so unsure if they quit for longer then a few days.

It was the stupidest patent I ever read.