We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
I caught fire goddamnit! Options

soulfood
#41 Posted : 1/10/2011 9:36:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Well I just had to google biltong.

I can see where you're at on that one.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DiMiTriX
#42 Posted : 1/10/2011 12:44:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so it's the third degree of burnt? swims had almost only yellow blisters with red flesh under but not theese scabs you have here..
Tz'is aná

Phlux-
#43 Posted : 1/10/2011 2:22:06 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

well - it was fleshy when it happend - bits of me flew off when i shook my hands
like i said i heal very very fast.
today i treated my hand just like my other hand - and did some nice gardening in the sun.
gota keep that immune system in practice.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

lorentz5
#44 Posted : 1/13/2011 9:08:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux-, I offer my deepest condolences, and wish you quick recovery.

SWIM caught fire 12hrs ago while heating naphtha in a water bath over the stove (could not wait for limo to ship). Bumped the pot by accident, naptha spilled over pot full of water and onto fire, fire ignited kitchen stove, nearby towels, paper towes, SWIM's hands, shirt, and feet.

.... Yield was 0.3g from second pull lol Pleased ... blows.

No medical attention was required, his safety glasses possibly saved his sight, but being on fire sucks indeed.

I am here
(1) For increased personal power, intellectual understanding, sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.
(2) For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth for fellow men.
(3) For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal closeness, pure experience.
(4) For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits; attainment of mystical union.

endlessness
#45 Posted : 1/13/2011 10:59:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please please please guys, DO NOT WARM SOLVENTS WITH OPEN FIRE!!!It doesnt matter if there's some water in between, fumes can ignite !

RobMarley
#46 Posted : 1/25/2011 5:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Scary stories...

Mister_Niles wrote:
From some of these posts it sounds like a fire extinguisher should be required equipment for any tek that involves a flammable solvent.

I think I might go pick up a fire extinguisher before my next extraction...
Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

joedirt
#47 Posted : 1/25/2011 11:20:15 PM

Not I

Phlux glad you are ok man.

I want to make a couple of comments that are not directed at anyone in particular.

1) In a real chemistry lab an open flames is never used.. Bunsen burners are a thing of the past...and no chemists don't smoke in the lab these day's.
2) In a real chemistry lab there are several different kinds of fire extinguisher to deal with different kinds of fires.

Why in Gods name would anyone doing an extraction at home use an open flame and not have a fire extinguisher handy? Water baths over open flames are simply not a good option. Don't do it. You might get away with somethign like IPA, but I don't even recommend that. No open flames.

At the last place I worked we had a solvent explosion in the lab (I don't remember all the circumstances). 4 people were hurt, but the girl running the reaction missed 6 months of work because she had millions of tiny slivers of glass spread across her entire front section. She lived because another chemist ran back into the building and pulled her out.

If these kinds of accidents can happen to trained chemists in a well equipped lab then you have to at least allow for the possibility that it could happen in your kitchen...

My advice is to buy a used hot plate or a hot/stir plate if you can afford it from ebay and don't forget the magnetic stir bars.

Also no exceptions here...Get a fire extinguisher from your local hardware store. If you can't afford one then wait to do your extraction until you can afford one. Don't become a statistic because you don't think it can happen to you! Smile

Also If you mess up and burn you house/apartment down instead of your hand not only are you going to loose everything you own, but you most likely going to get a fat jail sentence.

Please people spend a fair amount of time studying general lab safety. This is your life.

Phlux I'm really glad you are all right.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

RobMarley
#48 Posted : 1/26/2011 3:09:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How likely is it that a spark from static electricity could ignite acetone fumes? Or the fumes of another similar flammable solvent?

Just curious becasue on another forum where Butane Hash Oil is popular I always hear everyone warning to be extremely cautious with static elcectriciy sparks.
Transcend The Limitations of Physical Reality.

lorentz5
#49 Posted : 1/27/2011 7:51:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
How likely is it that a spark from static electricity could ignite acetone fumes? Or the fumes of another similar flammable solvent?

How much do you like your eyes? Skin? Perhaps you have poor circulation in your hands and would like some flaming acetone to get nice, warm, and toasty? Go on google and type in Hindenburg. Then place your face in the picture behind the flame.

Truth is, probability is low, but as a smart extractor, why risk it? People here have clearly stressed how important safety is over everything, it should be obvious.

Keep away from sources of static electricity. Have an extinguisher. Wear gloves and safety glasses. Have a backup plan. It's been written a million times a like, by parched and unparched fingers.

I am here
(1) For increased personal power, intellectual understanding, sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.
(2) For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth for fellow men.
(3) For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal closeness, pure experience.
(4) For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits; attainment of mystical union.

PREV123