We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
the royal "we" Options

Lodi
#1 Posted : 1/23/2011 3:56:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, I finally decided to join in on the community here. After spending years reading this website, learning from all of you how to make my own mechanical elf crystals, because of all of you I owe some of the most profound, and astonishing moments in my life, At least amongst my psychedelic experiences!

So my hat comes off to all of you, because every last person on here is what has made it possible for this load of information to be shared, the collected works of decades of psychonauts, and in a way, generations.. We the few that the rest depends, do not tarry for the information could be lost, psychedelics are mans last hope at peace, and it sheds a shimmering light of hope, on a very dark, and evil world. I thank all of this community for everything I have learned.

Much peace and love.
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 1/24/2011 12:05:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Welcome to the Nexus.

I'm interested in your idea about how psychedelics are man's last hope for peace. Do you care to expound upon this? How would you propose to use psychedelics to make the world a better place? I think this is a very interesting topic.
Hope to hear more from you.

Cheers and love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Lodi
#3 Posted : 1/24/2011 5:28:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey I already typed this theory up earlier this month.

psychedelic's and early life on earth & the mind

Jan. 11

This is NOT my personal theory, nor do I essentially believe in this theory. But having taken every psychedelic under the sun, hundreds, if not thousands of times I believe I can make a safe assumption to say its definitely plausible. This is written in my own words, but the idea is not something I thought of myself.

From the archives of Terence Mckenna - psychonaut, father, husband, explorer.

Lets take a look back, to a time when there are no humans on earth. Only advanced primates on the verge of evolutionary breakthrough. These primates have a hierarchy system, an alpha male, they are up in the trees living their lives, young strong males rule the earth, similar to todays society and culture. Now, when we "came down from the trees" so to say and took on the form of humans, moved out of caves and started foraging and hunting for food. Mainly hunting and gathering with your family and maybe a few close families. We will call these the "nomads". This would have taken place in South Africa as studies show, and there would have been mass herds of roaming beasts, considering it was a climate that was mainly prairie and lush wetlands, not exactly like the South Africa we know of today. Now, the Nomads would have been living their lives following these herds, hunting and foraging behind the freshly fertilized soil of the prairie beasts. What grows best in dung (cow pies [ piles of shit])? surprisingly a specific mushroom, called Psilisybin Cubensis. This species has been said to exist since around the time that humans started wandering this earth. So without saying, these people would have found this edible sacrament, and consumed it in great quantities. mushrooms are high in nutrients and could with the help of various successful hunts make for a very nutritious life. Now lets look at what these larger groups of nomads lived. They had a structure that has never since existed on earth, they lived for eachother.. any man could sleep with any women, there was no girlfriends, or dating, or wives, but before you say how bad of an idea that is, lets take a closer look.

They not having wives, would sleep with anyone, and as one women gave birth to a child, because there was no way to tell which man is father, every man in the group would serve as father and husband to the women. get them what they needed, both mother and child. and think about the picture that would paint for todays society? every man fathering every child, and every mother never being left to do it on their own.. there for, no poor or rich, no meek or bold, no set leader.

Now lets look at what science has told us about psilisybin and the human brain, psilisybin is the active psychedelic chemical in "magic mushrooms". All psychedelics cause the spirit to slowly lose, what we would call your "ego". You would think thats a bad thing, but what would a society be like without an ego? there wouldnt be fighting, or suffering, or cruelty to your fellow man. What would be done when a group of people find out how to split an atom? or make a rocket to take us to the moon? we certainly wouldnt have immediatly used that information and discovery as a weapon like we did. we would have though "how can we use this for the common good" not "how can this be a weapon?".

What happened when climates started changing? suddenly the lush prairie are turning into desert valleys and scorched earth. suddenly the yearly availability of something like mushrooms changes to a few months out of the year, so they have to find a way to preserve the mushrooms. They like all tribes in the world, know that honey or beeswax can preserve plants for long periods of time. But what do they discover when they go to eat their 9 month old honey preserved mushrooms? They discover that the honey fermented, and turned to an alcoholic substance. which as we have seen with humans in the past, we really enjoy being drunk and drinking alcoholic drinks. But what would that have done to this peaceful culture? It would have created an ego amongst the people. and this is where we created agriculture and hierarchys, and leaders, and warriors. This my friends, was the last peaceful time the world ever knew. when man walked beside the earth, and not on top of it.

I ask all who read this not to just dismiss the idea simply because its something new, or because you have never taken psychedelics before. If you have experience with mushrooms, acid, or dmt. You would agree that after years of use, it transforms you into a more earth friendly, happy, accepting and open minded person.

I do not suggest drug use to anyone, but as someone who has spent years experimenting with psychedelics of all kinds, if there is one conclusion I have come to it is this. Psychedelics do not make you think your superman and jump out of a window, they do not make you go rabid and kill people or yourself, the last thing you want to do while on a psychedelic is hurt anyone or anything. this goes for everyone on this earth, tripping and the human brain are ment to be together. Every night when you sleep, you dream. the dreams that we remember vividly are the weaker dreams we have. when you cant remember a dream its because the dream was to strong. you dream because of a combination of chemicals being released every night when you sleep, just a few of those chemicals are N.N.Dmt, seretonin, meletonin. YES, YOU TRIP EVERY NIGHT WHEN YOU SLEEP! What happens if you contract a rare disease that deminished the DMT in your brain? well, after about 15 nights, your brain shuts down and stops working because if your brain dont trip every night than it dies. YOU DIE IF YOU DONT TRIP!

Most of this is fact, from people who have done the studies, and found the answers. But these are not things that the general public want you to know. these things scare people to much. and I think that the elders of our time, choose to remain blind, along with the rest of the world.

Is it really to late for change? you decide.

Much peace and love
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

Enoon
#4 Posted : 1/24/2011 7:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lodi,

there's a few points in your elaboration that I would not agree with, or at least would like to see the studies that claim these things as fact - like dmt being responsible (among others) for dreaming, or the one that says you die if you didn't have dmt in your brain.

You also place agriculture among the same things that you quite clearly see as negative things - like hierarchy and warriors. I think there is a more complex relationship at the base of this. The climate changed and humans developed agriculture as a means to survive because game was getting sparse etc. But agriculture is not something negative. Also since food was less abundant I imagine the clans started fighting over what little was left, hence the warriors. You may think that eating mushrooms all day long would have made them peaceful, and in a way it certainly would have, but their consciousness might not have been at a level that would recognise other clans as equally deserving of peace etc. And I assume they weren't always tripping.
I don't thing that psychedelics alone can be responsible for peace, or were responsible for peace. As far as I see history, I see a violent struggle against the improbability of our existence, against the resistance of the world around us to our defying the state of equilibrium i.e. death. Cooperation and communication, collective identification - these things have to be learned and developed. We may be hard-wired via mirror neurons to feel empathy and compassion but it depends on what we are able to mirror. In a cosmo-centric view of course we mirror everything, but even with psychedelics not everyone gets there. Not everyone is at that level of cognition. In a clan-centric state of mind there is no compassion for another clan. In a homo-centric view there is no compassion for other species. Only by integrating more and more into our world view can harmony with all or at least many things even be imagined.
Psychedelics can help in this process but I think a lot of base-work needs to be done with and without psychedelics in addition to just taking them.
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---

Lodi
#5 Posted : 1/24/2011 8:10:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah you got some good points, and that article was sent to some prick that hates psychedelics and thinks its the devils playground and shit.. why some is elaborated, I was upset when I wrote it lol. anyway, I am still a strong believer that if for some reason everyone with the right mind and body would add a strong psychedelic trip into once a month, or a few times a year. it would have a very positive outlook on humanity. I think you wouldnt see so much hatred and cruelty amongst people.. that fact of the matter is, we are all the same, regardless of where we were born or who our parents were. what matters is we are human, and that the man standing next to you in the elevator at work is your brother. we damn well better treat him that way, or we will keep digging ourselves deeper. And by that I mean, everyong thinks we are on the up and up as a culture or society, they think the more stuff we create we are obviously getting smarter.. well, I dont think progression as a people, as a planet, as a species, can come from that.. if you think, we are advancing your wrong. as a whole, we have just let ourselves get blinded by whats really important, and whats important is the survival of each other as a whole, and not as a divided world to focused on idols on t.v or what the popular shows are, what the cool car is.
This is also something I believe.

"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR; create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y.

This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."
โ€” Terence McKenna

Enoon
#6 Posted : 1/24/2011 9:09:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lodi wrote:
well, I dont think progression as a people, as a planet, as a species, can come from that.. if you think, we are advancing your wrong. as a whole, we have just let ourselves get blinded by whats really important, and whats important is the survival of each other as a whole, and not as a divided world to focused on idols on t.v or what the popular shows are, what the cool car is.

I beg to differ. I think there has been quite a development in human culture / society, and though it has its negative sides and often feels like it's derailing into something very horrible (and it might do just that) I also think there is a lot of positive evolution that's gone on in our society. I think these days there are more people waking up to the next level of consciousness, moving forward, trying to build a sustainable and integral/wholistic world, rather than living from day to day, or living for individual profit etc. I think things have changed, and not only for the worse. I don't believe that things were better back in the day when we were hunter-gatherers, even though we lived in harmony with nature. Our development is such that we can return to living in harmony with nature, but not as a regression, but as a progression.

I think what you are doing is called a pre-trans fallacy. Also it seems you don't believe in socio-psychological evolution or human development in general. do you think humans come down from the trees and were already perfectly capable, to think and act compassionately towards all living creatures, to think and act ecologically, rationally, logically? I think these are all attributes that developed over time, over many centuries of learning and teaching in an unbroken chain of culture and families and language. It goes against what we know of other species to think that these abilities would just magically pop up and be fully established from the go. At least this is how I feel about it. I have to admit I have no proof for it, but my senses tell me things have developed much and are still developing and we can still make a good world out of this if we take control of the weal and steer it in the right direction.

cheers & love
Enoon
---
---

Lodi
#7 Posted : 1/24/2011 9:41:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its not something that happened over night. obviously I dont believe that.
we both have our views, but that wont change anything.
nice talking, I had typed up a few paragraph response to yours. but it didnt post and the whole thing got lost.. so im upset at that now, because i am not retyping everything lol. anyway, keep pondering life, we will know what it all means when we die.

Enoon
#8 Posted : 1/24/2011 10:04:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lodi wrote:
anyway, keep pondering life, we will know what it all means when we die.

Or not Razz

sorry to hear your reply got lost :/
Hope you enjoy the nexus!
---
---