We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My introduction essay Options

yogidmt
#1 Posted : 1/22/2011 8:54:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I will say right away I have never tried DMT. I currently reside in southern germany.

I have done other psychedelics, but just recently found out about DMT surfing online. I instantly became fascinated with it. I have been reading all that I can. I really want to try it. I'm just a little scared. I would mess up making it and have nobody to experience it with (trip babysitter)
I do plan on doing it eventually. There is more to this world then everyday routines and normal life. You should be able to free your mind. I only wish everyone in the world would try psychedelics at least once in life. It will forever change your thought process. You free yourself into a whole different consciousness.
Anyways if anyone could help me get started with this I would be forever grateful.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 1/22/2011 10:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi yogidmt,

welcome to the nexus. Yes the fascination with this interesting molecule... I know it all to well. If you set your mind to it and do a bit or a lot of reading you'll see that the process of extracting it is fairly simple and can be performed without too much of an ordeal and problem. If you start out with low doses and feel comfortable with doing it by yourself I see no problem with solo-tripping. I've never had a sitter for my experiences, since I share your disposition. If you have experience with other psychs (do you?) and can handle them well even on higher doses then you'll probably do alright with dmt as well - though of course it seems to lie in the nature of the thing itself that it will surprise you... every time.

If you need help with extractions, the community offers plenty of it, and there is the chat where you can get on-the-fly help or some nice real-time discussions about life, the universe and everything. Hope you enjoy and hope to see you around.

Cheers & much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

joedirt
#3 Posted : 1/22/2011 11:50:06 PM

Not I

yogidmt wrote:
Well I will say right away I have never tried DMT. I currently reside in southern germany.

I have done other psychedelics, but just recently found out about DMT surfing online. I instantly became fascinated with it. I have been reading all that I can. I really want to try it. I'm just a little scared. I would mess up making it and have nobody to experience it with (trip babysitter)
I do plan on doing it eventually. There is more to this world then everyday routines and normal life. You should be able to free your mind. I only wish everyone in the world would try psychedelics at least once in life. It will forever change your thought process. You free yourself into a whole different consciousness.
Anyways if anyone could help me get started with this I would be forever grateful.

Hey yogi. If you do extract it and do it yourself...just start with very small micro doses. Start with 5mgs then 7 mgs then 10 mgs then 12 then 15 then 20....

This way you can get comfortable with the experience and will be able to better determine if you can do a full dose without a sitter.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jbark
#4 Posted : 1/23/2011 12:37:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the necks, the nex-, the next us... Don't be afraid of extracting, its about as complex as making a pizza, or building a fire, or waxing a floor, or fixing a toilet, or planting a rose garden, or driving a car, or planning a trip, or buying a bed, or a million other things you may do in the course of quotidian life. It seems daunting at first, but read the FAQ and a few of the teks - once you understand the basic principles, you'll see how simple it is. And as Enoon the wise stated above, you have the chat and the help threads in the event of any abnormalities (people burn pizzas too. The difference here is that as long as you don't throw anything out, nothing is lost. a burnt pizza is a lost pizza...).

Cheers,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

I am.
#5 Posted : 1/23/2011 6:05:38 AM

I AM

welcome home yogidmt. i think all of your questions/concerns have been addressed but one. you're worried about messing up and making a bad product and having a bad experience without a sitter, it sounds like to me. IMO...if you do the extraction by the teks and ask questions and follow advice, it's pretty much impossible to make a "bad" product. if you do it "wrong", it won't produce the end result that you'll see in pictures. so if you're worried about doing it wrong and hurting yourself, don't. you can post pics of the final product and people will know right away if it's what you want. it's quite the refined art around here and there are plenty of willing artists to check out your first masterpiece.

you'll probably find extracting to be a lot of fun, too. once you get started with an extraction...DO NOT throw it away until you see your finished product. you may think you f'd it up or got all the spice out when honestly there could be a lot more. so do your extraction, weigh your finished product. take pics of final product and post a thread listing the tek/recipe you used, final yield and post a pic or two (trust us...we love to see people's first time pics...brings back memories for us). keep the bark soup until you're certain you got it all out.

no matter how daunting it may seem, i promise...it's not. i found it to be a bigger headache to get all the glassware and chems and other supplies than it was to actually do the first extraction!

good luck and welcome to the nexus.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...