We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Extracting 5-MeO-DMT Options

SpasticSpaz
#1 Posted : 4/22/2010 7:34:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone successfully extracted 5-MeO-DMT from plant sources? Perhaps V. Theiodora resin?

The 69Ron's sublingual method with resin was never successful for SWIM, but he happened on some synthetic 5-MeO-DMT and the smoked experience was an utter revelation (that might just be the understatement of this millennium).

However, he's uncomfortable with the shadiness associated with synthetic drugs, not to mention the fact that the DEA's plans to make it illegal would make that route untenable even if he was comfortable with it, so he'd like to be able to extract it in the comfort of his own home.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

lyserge
#2 Posted : 4/22/2010 7:50:32 PM

polyfather anomalous

SpasticSpaz wrote:
Has anyone successfully extracted 5-MeO-DMT from plant sources? Perhaps V. Theiodora resin?
The 69Ron's sublingual method with resin was never successful for SWIM, but he happened on some synthetic 5-MeO-DMT and the smoked experience was an utter revelation (that might just be the understatement of this millennium).

However, he's uncomfortable with the shadiness associated with synthetic drugs, not to mention the fact that the DEA's plans to make it illegal would make that route untenable even if he was comfortable with it, so he'd like to be able to extract it in the comfort of his own home.

How about getting a pet Sonoran Desert Toad? Its venom is ~15% 5-Meo-DMT by weight, apparently you can smoke it as is. I haven't heard of possible extractions from that though.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

SpasticSpaz
#3 Posted : 4/23/2010 8:57:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure SWIM'd be uncomfortable with keeping a live animal for the sake of that.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/23/2010 12:30:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would try a simple A/B on virola resin.

according to this: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1714

xlogp of 5-meo is nearly the same as dmt, so its possible it is also soluble in naphtha.. Otherwise one can go with a more polar solvent like limonene/xylene.

I would go low on the base, though, im not sure of 5-meo-dmt's stability under highly basic conditions. Maybe sodium carbonate as a base or not going too much over ph 11 if using lye, just to be sure

maybe someone else has more info on this all?

also another option would be simple alcohol extraction on virola resin, but im not sure what form 5-meo-dmt is naturally and whether that is soluble in alcohol or not

just remember to start with very low doses, 5-meo-dmt can be quite disphoric and its potent at much lower doses than dmt

SpasticSpaz
#5 Posted : 4/27/2010 5:47:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, it's the xlogp that influences solubility, not pH. Though that's also really similar. Might even freeze-precip from naptha, which'd be nice.

I think SWIM's going to be in the fuzzy dictatorship they call Singapore for a little while, so this is sort of idle speculation for at least the next few months.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/27/2010 5:50:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh sorry I did mean xlogp, thanks for the correction, edited Smile

shoe
#7 Posted : 4/30/2010 2:41:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:

How about getting a pet Sonoran Desert Toad? Its venom is ~15% 5-Meo-DMT by weight, apparently you can smoke it as is. I haven't heard of possible extractions from that though.

How about keeping a water-loving, stinking-of-toad-shit animal in your bedroom? not me. also, Its totally cruel. These toads are quite large (about the length of the forearm) they fight, they stink and they need a lot of room.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

lyserge
#8 Posted : 4/30/2010 11:00:54 PM

polyfather anomalous

shoe wrote:

How about keeping a water-loving, stinking-of-toad-shit animal in your bedroom? not me. also, Its totally cruel. These toads are quite large (about the length of the forearm) they fight, they stink and they need a lot of room.

Good point, I've never seen how they're kept in person but I agree that keeping animals of this sort (that are used to being wild) in captivity must be quite cruel.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Espiridion
#9 Posted : 8/28/2010 11:22:59 AM

--who.??..ME??--

got milk?
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

vibrancy3
#10 Posted : 9/14/2010 1:12:40 AM

Josh

Espiridion wrote:
got milk?

LMAO juice a 5MEO a day keeps the doctor away

Swarupa
#11 Posted : 1/11/2011 4:30:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I would try a simple A/B on virola resin.

according to this: https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=1714

xlogp of 5-meo is nearly the same as dmt, so its possible it is also soluble in naphtha.. Otherwise one can go with a more polar solvent like limonene/xylene.

I would go low on the base, though, im not sure of 5-meo-dmt's stability under highly basic conditions. Maybe sodium carbonate as a base or not going too much over ph 11 if using lye, just to be sure

maybe someone else has more info on this all?

also another option would be simple alcohol extraction on virola resin, but im not sure what form 5-meo-dmt is naturally and whether that is soluble in alcohol or not

just remember to start with very low doses, 5-meo-dmt can be quite disphoric and its potent at much lower doses than dmt

Has anyone tried any of this?

Id really like to try 5-MeO-DMT from what i've heard about it - less visual/more feeling based, plus more related to enlightenment experiences rather than entity contact.

burnt
#12 Posted : 1/11/2011 6:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Virola peruviana did not work for SWIM. SWIM tried acid base, with low pH 4 and high pH of 12. Hexane, toluene, and xylene were all tried as non polar solvent. Long story short it didn't work although this plant is supposed to have alkaloids. Other virola species might be better.

Its most likely the high pH. Could be solvent but less likely SWIM thinks. Rumor is that 5meo is sensitive to high pH so watch out for that.

shoe
#13 Posted : 1/11/2011 6:55:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Although just to play devil's adovcate for a bit: SWIM found a source for these toads where you could buy them online.
I'd like to point out that they're ILLEGAL in the UK though and importing them and breeding them within the national boundary would, DUE ONLY TO THIS, be extremely profitable. *COUGH* WHAT!?!
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Swarupa
#14 Posted : 1/11/2011 7:38:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm still up in air as whether to try 5-MeO... i like the idea of a less visual & more feeling oriented DMT experience.

ragabr
#15 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has done a lot of 5-MeO and would definitely suggest trying it out, especially using the meditation tek you've spoken of before.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Swarupa
#16 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:39:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, i'm gonna go for it, it's just a matter of when... Wink

joedirt
#17 Posted : 1/23/2011 12:57:07 AM

Not I

SpasticSpaz wrote:
Well, it's the xlogp that influences solubility, not pH. Though that's also really similar. Might even freeze-precip from naptha, which'd be nice.

I think SWIM's going to be in the fuzzy dictatorship they call Singapore for a little while, so this is sort of idle speculation for at least the next few months.

Actually it's not really that simple. xlogp is a calculated logP. LogP actually isn't that great for charged molecules...logD would be better.

Even still there is more to it than that. There is thermodynamic solubility and kinetic solubility. Crystal packing can also play a huge role. Sometimes once you form crystals you form very stable dimers/trimers or higher order aggregates that are very hard to get back into solvent. Any chemist can tell you about compounds that have been recrystallized from water and were not soluble in water again with out extreme heat and agitation.

5-Meo-DMT should be very stable and will be slightly more water soluble than DMT because the oMe from the 5 position can form hydrogen bonds with water...also the 5 position is to far for the Basic nitrogen to bite back on itself... Psilocin however has huge problems because it forms an interna hydrogen bond between the free OH at the 4 position and the basic nitogren....which greatly facilitates oxidation.

The methoxy also protect it from oxidation much more so than a free OH like psilocin.

Just random food for thought.

Cheer
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

dzznutzz
#18 Posted : 9/17/2013 6:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys , just wondering if anyone has looked into using Desmodium pulchellum as a source of extracting 5meo ? You can check out trouts notes on the desmodium genus . Whole plant contains dmt, 5meo, maoi inhibitors and other alkaloids, I have been preparing different parts of this shrub to test ... Really want to try an A/B extracting on mature stem and leaf for 5meo ... Was thinking about using sodium carbonate instead of hydroxide , and using exylene instead of napthpa .. Any thoughts on this ? What would be the recommended ph levels for base ? Trout states the following ...

“The alkaloids are readily extractable with alcohol containing acetic acid "

Mature stem and leaf (1.4% Total alkaloid) 5-Methoxy-DMT 34% 0.476%

Any feedback would be great ..thanks Smile

dzznutzz attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (51kb) downloaded 769 time(s).
image.jpg (47kb) downloaded 772 time(s).

endlessness
#19 Posted : 9/17/2013 9:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Go for it and let us know!

I´d have to look into it again, but make sure there aren´t poisonous alkaloids in this species!

Before bioassaying, post here Smile Also I suggest getting some ehrlich and/or marquis reagents to try helping out identifying the alkaloids in it. Or if you´re waiting a couple more months talk to me again regarding TLC kits for more proper identification method.

Be well!

Entheogenerator
#20 Posted : 9/17/2013 10:35:37 AM

Homo discens

I figure since this thread seems to have been revived, it might not be a bad place for my question. Which of the following species would likely contain more (or any) 5-MeO-DMT?
I currently have access to:

Virola calophylla

Virola surinamensis

Virola theidora

Phalaris arundinacea "Yugo Red" strain

I am tempted to buy a medium-small amount of each and see for myself. But when factoring in shipping costs, that would be a pretty expensive experiment (I still haven't heard back about my federal research grant Laughing ). Anyone have any experience/knowledge that might help to steer me in the right direction?

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

12NEXT