We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Same message Options

Rooftop
#1 Posted : 1/17/2011 3:29:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as SWIM has gone into the pyschedelic realms during the past 15 years, be it with Shrooms, Salvia, Dmt, Cactus, Ayahuasca, Ganja ,Kratom, Lsd, Mdma, Lsa, K, he will dare to say that for him, the message somehow repeats itself, and boils down to a reminder for which SWIM is always grateful (albeit always a bit sorry that it is needed!)

How beautiful, conscious, simple and undescribabely marvelous is Life Very happy

How careless, arrogant, complicated and blind (that is, blind with every sense) SWIM is in the sober state Confused

This never fails to amaze me.

Anyone else?
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 1/18/2011 12:21:10 AM

John Murdoch IV

Heheh yes I get you.
I too need to be reminded a lot of the magic of life Smile
It keeps me on track. Keeps me grateful for this life and makes me want to do my best. Show that I'm worthy of such experiences.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

xebiche
#3 Posted : 1/18/2011 2:17:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rooftop, DMT inspires us. It opens our eyes. It opens our hearts. It opens ourselves. Keep your eyes and heart open after the Chemistry subsides... And you will continue to see all the beauty that is around you and that is you.

Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/18/2011 11:47:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rooftop wrote:

As far as SWIM has gone into the pyschedelic realms during the past 15 years, be it with Shrooms, Salvia, Dmt, Cactus, Ayahuasca, Ganja ,Kratom, Lsd, Mdma, Lsa, K, he will dare to say that for him, the message somehow repeats itself, and boils down to a reminder for which SWIM is always grateful (albeit always a bit sorry that it is needed!)

How beautiful, conscious, simple and undescribabely marvelous is Life Very happy

How careless, arrogant, complicated and blind (that is, blind with every sense) SWIM is in the sober state Confused

This never fails to amaze me.

Anyone else?

Rings a bell somewhere Very happy

Welcome to the Nexus!

Just dont forget to appreciate that the sober state is the state where all the lessons need to be put in practice and where this hardness can actually push us forward and make that psychedelic message ever-more-meaningful Smile

Rooftop
#5 Posted : 1/20/2011 10:24:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the welcome!

As you say, integration in the sober state is key, which is why swim partakes only a few times per year.

But it seems incredible and somewhat bizarre that Life offers us heightened awareness when we partake, and then (usually) lowers this awareness when we are sober! How many times during an entheogenic session, when the brain is fully fired up, has swim wondered "Why am I not constantly in this state of utter 'efficiency' and phenomenal consciousness?"

I often wonder why this state of heightened awareness/energy isn't a bit more built into us... Maybe we are slowly building it up? Maybe we were born with it, and it got slowly eroded?

Had a good laugh the other day when a friend asked me very seriously if I knew the ethymology of the word 'sober'.
I made a puzzled face, and he answered: 'boring'!Laughing

Enoon
#6 Posted : 1/20/2011 12:00:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Rooftop wrote:

Had a good laugh the other day when a friend asked me very seriously if I knew the ethymology of the word 'sober'.
I made a puzzled face, and he answered: 'boring'!Laughing

hahaha, that's great! Thanks for this info!

Rooftop wrote:

But it seems incredible and somewhat bizarre that Life offers us heightened awareness when we partake, and then (usually) lowers this awareness when we are sober! How many times during an entheogenic session, when the brain is fully fired up, has swim wondered "Why am I not constantly in this state of utter 'efficiency' and phenomenal consciousness?"

I often wonder why this state of heightened awareness/energy isn't a bit more built into us... Maybe we are slowly building it up? Maybe we were born with it, and it got slowly eroded?

I think part of it has to do with survival. While the psychedelic state of mind is creative and fascinating and, dare I say, entheogenic (lit. 'generating the divine within'Pleased, I can imagine pre-historic man getting eaten by saber-tooth tigers and starving due to failed crops because the fascination kept him from doing what had to be done to survive. In modern times it's still the same. We cannot safely operate machineries such as cars or laboratory or even kitchen equipment in the psychedelic state, we cannot plan or organize ourselves to ensure our functioning, not in a capitalistic but a very general sense, if we are constantly under the influence.

However nature seems to have provided us with the capacity for both, and enough reasoning to be able to decide when which state of mind can be used, and nature has provided us with plants and mushrooms that can get us there... To think that this means we can not do this of ourselves is like saying we cannot survive by ourselves. We can't. We need the outside world to exist in. We are as much a part of it as it is of us. We shouldn't view ourselves as isolated entities wandering around in a world from which we take things to live off of or change our consciousness. All things and all states of mind to me are interconnected - the food we eat from this perspective is as much a part of the human experience as the essence of the self that we perceive. We are, in my definition of awareness, merely the interaction, the dynamics of all these things, and so the mushrooms, the entheogens, they are part of this dynamic of the human-complex. Like water, like food, they make living this experience possible.
At least this is one way you can look at it Razz

Cheers and welcome to the nexus

Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Rooftop
#7 Posted : 1/21/2011 11:16:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile Thanks, Enoon, for your welcome and very interesting feedback!

It helped me put a finger :idea: on something that I hadn't realized up till now: it's not so much that I'm sorry for not being constantly -how to put this?- 'brain boosted'. In fact, i'm really sorry that EVERYONE doesn't regularly get together to partake of psychedelics, especially the Teacher Plants.

So much healing could happen...
Maybe one day...

sansans
#8 Posted : 1/21/2011 3:44:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rooftop wrote:
How beautiful, conscious, simple and indescribably marvelous is Life Very happy

yeah, SWIM(W) thinks this comes up every time W uninhibits himself. W often feels like apologizing to his partner for "having been so uptight." W has only had one other partner who W experienced these kinds of substances with, and even when W felt totally 'loosened up,' W didn't remember feeling compelled to apologize. though W says the feeling of being loosened up and clear was always the same, a big yawn to W's sober pretensions.

Rooftop wrote:

SWIM often wonder why this state of heightened awareness/energy isn't a bit more built into us... Maybe we are slowly building it up? Maybe we were born with it, and it got slowly eroded?

W would say that age has something to do with it. parameters of what is possible generally narrow down with age- even if one maintains that "anything is possible," W thinks the meaning of this statement registers through a refined experience of "possibility" which involve reason, logic. W feels like sometimes Ws able to access this state of mind while β€œsober”, though not as closely or purely as when under certain substances.

W agrees though, taking this feeling/rationality back to 'sober reality' is very key. W thinks this alternate rationality has a way of being equally surreal and powerful when realized soberly.