We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings Options

ReachingUp
#1 Posted : 1/19/2011 5:01:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello All,

First post here, so thought I’d invest a little time and effort.

First, let me begin by saying “Thanks!” to all the kind folks who have gone before me, exploring the limits of this reality and others, and sharing their experiences (both technical and otherwise). I have drawn heavily from their writings in preparation for a journey of my own, and for this I am grateful.

I began exploring psychedelics back in high school with some close friends (I’ll call them Papa and Ekim); a mismatched set of outsiders, looking for something more, something unique, experiences to differentiate us from the droves of automatons executing their trifling routines. We found that obscured facet of life (or at least in part) through common substances like LSD, MDMA, and weed.

We attended a prominent design school in Miami’s Design District, and the environment was more than conducive…it was inviting. No substance we were interested in was ever more than a phone call away, and we had the luxury of my apartment on the beach (unfettered by adult supervision) for an enjoyable setting (that is when Ekim wasn’t ripping through space and time…while shitting himself). We were artists, free-thinkers, revolutionaries – if only in our minds. We spent the better part of those four years in one altered state or another.

That was more than a decade ago; and while it might be true that time is constantly changing, it seems that at my core – I’ve remained the same.

So here I stand, now 31, a vaguely familiar reflection looking back at me asking “where did you go?” Not “where did you go wrong?” or “where did life go”. Quite the contrary, I am a successful physics engineer, working for a large computer manufacturer as a designer/engineer. I’ve been in a steady relationship now for ex-amount of years, and it looks promising. Yet nonetheless, there’s one of those seedy “Vacancy” signs constantly flickering at the day-to-day of my day-to-day. Something is missing, and I know what it is (or at least, where to go looking).

I have recently begun exploring new routes to elsewhere, some entheogens, some RC’s, and soon spice. I say soon because I am finishing up my first two extractions (ran in parallel - one A/B, one STB, 100g MHRB each) and have yet to indulge. But the anticipation is tangible, and the sweet smell of fruity-plastic-mothballs permeating my house hints at the adventures to come.

This time, however, I am riding solo. While I am still close friends with Papa and Ekim, neither of them have a proclivity for these experiences anymore - and justifiably so. One is a father of two (which changes the game for some people) and the other has since entered civil service (a lifestyle with little tolerance for drug use). I, on the other hand, have few responsibilities outside of myself, and the luxury of having a career with a company that respects individual rights. So I’m doing it…I’m taking the leap.

Again, thanks to all the folks who have posted comments, refined teks, and contributed to expanding our perception of the human experience. I look forward to being able to share my humble insights as I continue down the road I once wandered off.

T-Some Days: and so the countdown begins.

I am exploring the role of a fictional character…but aren’t we all?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 1/19/2011 5:51:16 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

ReachingUp wrote:
Hello All,

First post here, so thought I’d invest a little time and effort. [quote/]

Thank you for this. I kind of wish everyone would. It really shows in your essay. Welcome to the Nexus!

ReachingUp wrote:

First, let me begin by saying “Thanks!” to all the kind folks who have gone before me, exploring the limits of this reality and others, and sharing their experiences (both technical and otherwise). I have drawn heavily from their writings in preparation for a journey of my own, and for this I am grateful.

I want to say, "Thanks!" to you for doing thorough research before diving head first into the deep end with 50 lb weights in each hand! Not everyone bothers to take the time and prepare for what is so indescribably profound that . . . . .Very happy

ReachingUp wrote:
I began exploring psychedelics back in high school with some close friends (I’ll call them Papa and Ekim); a mismatched set of outsiders, looking for something more, something unique, experiences to differentiate us from the droves of automatons executing their trifling routines. We found that obscured facet of life (or at least in part) through common substances like LSD, MDMA, and weed.

We attended a prominent design school in Miami’s Design District, and the environment was more than conducive…it was inviting. No substance we were interested in was ever more than a phone call away, and we had the luxury of my apartment on the beach (unfettered by adult supervision) for an enjoyable setting (that is when Ekim wasn’t ripping through space and time…while shitting himself). We were artists, free-thinkers, revolutionaries – if only in our minds. We spent the better part of those four years in one altered state or another.

That was more than a decade ago; and while it might be true that time is constantly changing, it seems that at my core – I’ve remained the same.

Speaking definately for myself and possibly some of the members over 30, I can say, this is a very familiar story - one of the things calling us to DMT was the impetus for a fundamental change or as Nexus member Rivea so eloquently calls it "reboot."

ReachingUp wrote:
So here I stand, now 31, a vaguely familiar reflection looking back at me asking “where did you go?” Not “where did you go wrong?” or “where did life go”. Quite the contrary, I am a successful physics engineer, working for a large computer manufacturer as a designer/engineer. I’ve been in a steady relationship now for ex-amount of years, and it looks promising. Yet nonetheless, there’s one of those seedy “Vacancy” signs constantly flickering at the day-to-day of my day-to-day. Something is missing, and I know what it is (or at least, where to go looking).

Oooh, this is so poignent and personally resonant. I am sooo glad you found the Nexus. I cannot predict the future, but I sincerely hope you can light the "no vacancy" sign with DMT and the Nexus community.

I was 18 when I first heard of DMT, 20 when I met someone who had tried it, 26 when I met famous DMT psychonauts, and 41 when I FINALLY was able to extract and try DMT for the first time. My path had taken me through many turns but I wound up at DMT's door rather desperate for a change. Like many psychedelic love stories, it didn't give me what I thought I wanted or expected, but it sure did give me what I needed.

ReachingUp wrote:
I have recently begun exploring new routes to elsewhere, some entheogens, some RC’s, and soon spice. I say soon because I am finishing up my first two extractions (ran in parallel - one A/B, one STB, 100g MHRB each) and have yet to indulge.

This is excellent news. I hope you will report back both on yields and results when your experiments continue.

ReachingUp wrote:
But the anticipation is tangible, and the sweet smell of fruity-plastic-mothballs permeating my house hints at the adventures to come.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
No, seriously, Laughing! Thank you for this. I'm still burned out and cynical in some ways - this made my day!

ReachingUp wrote:
This time, however, I am riding solo. While I am still close friends with Papa and Ekim, neither of them have a proclivity for these experiences anymore - and justifiably so. One is a father of two (which changes the game for some people) and the other has since entered civil service (a lifestyle with little tolerance for drug use). I, on the other hand, have few responsibilities outside of myself, and the luxury of having a career with a company that respects individual rights. So I’m doing it…I’m taking the leap.

When I told my husband I wanted to go back to psychedelics again after a 20 year break, he said literally what you wrote, "I'm afraid you'll have to ride solo this time." Well, I just want to say that being a part of the DMT-Nexus community has made that statement incorrect. Neither of us is solo. None of the active Nexians are.

ReachingUp wrote:
Again, thanks to all the folks who have posted comments, refined teks, and contributed to expanding our perception of the human experience. I look forward to being able to share my humble insights as I continue down the road I once wandered off.

T-Some Days: and so the countdown begins.

Thank you, ReachingUp, for such a wonderful introduction. By way of introducing you to a differnt side of the Nexus community, I'd like to invite you to join us sometime in the Chat area. Check it out at different times. It is quite a place - very different from the Forum.

I think you are going to get A LOT out of DMT and this new community you have found. You have obviously been thoughtful in putting a lot into them. Again, a very hearty and a personal Welcome to the Nexus!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Enoon
#3 Posted : 1/19/2011 9:53:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

A very warm welcome from me as well, ReachingUp!

I understand where you are coming from. I felt the same way before I started heading back into psychedelics after an extended break of several years. I ended up here and got more than I ever dreamed of. Not just the technical information, but a loving, warm and helpful community. It's given me tremendous amounts of courage and strength and all the little things that I felt were missing - and I hope you will get the same. I'll do my best to help in any case.

I wish you the best for your endeavors, and yes, do come visit the chat some time!

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

ReachingUp
#4 Posted : 1/19/2011 4:14:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Pandora and Enoon, thanks for your supportive words and warm welcome. It is encouraging, as a new Nexus member, to see that indeed I am not "alone". There are people, in a similar spot as myself, exploring the limits of cognitive landscape. Though I might be taking these next few steps apart from anyone else, there’s a pack to return to and howl about the bounty on the other side.

However, there is something to be said about the uniquity of the individual experience, especially with regards to altered states of mind. Strangely enough, it is in these novel stumblings where We find solidarity.

Thanks again, and I hope to be posting soon about my extractions and experiences.
I am exploring the role of a fictional character…but aren’t we all?