We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello there Options

powerup
#1 Posted : 10/23/2010 11:49:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

First off, thank you for making this resource available. The information and thoughts expressed in this forum are truly priceless -- priceless not for only the intrinsic value of the data, but also that it is recording this time in human history.

I've been involved in psychedelics for a few years. Mainly mushrooms, which have opened my third eye and allowed me to touch the divine. I have had many renewing, healing, and enlightening experiences. As an artist, I tried using them to further my creative endeavors, but the lack of coordination and relaxed feeling does not lend itself well to actually creating a drawing or painting while under the influence.

LSD however, is perfect for the creative process. It provides energy, focus, and attention to detail needed to explore ever deeper into my art. Spiritually, it does not do the trick though. It only leaves you exhausted, whereas psilocybin leaves you replenished.

I use these two sparingly, in a healthy way as tools to better myself. The creative and spiritual release has served me well to loosen up and balance out my relentlessly hard working lifestyle.

A couple of years ago, I heard about DMT while researching substrates on the shroomery. Then I got ahold of Rick Strassman's book and the quest for information began. Although I have not had the privilege to try spice yet, I have been researching it heavily over the past year. Next spring is when I plan to take my first steps working with spice. Unfortunately I am not in a place in my life to start now.

I just saw The Spirit Molecule documentary on the 19th. The filmmakers did a wonderful job, and the theater was sold out! It fills me with joy to see the support grow. It seems the psychedelic community has learned from events of the 60's that ended up discrediting this stuff and stifling important research. This time around they are determined to get it right. More mature attitudes must prevail and we won't treat this stuff as a toy.

Most of what I know about DMT I learned from the Nexus, so forgive me if I don't post very often. I will keep reading and absorbing information until I am ready to go down this road.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 10/24/2010 12:03:28 AM

John Murdoch IV

I like your attitude towards psychedelics and I welcome you to the forum.
Yeah just take your time and do your research. There's no rush and good luck Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

powerup
#3 Posted : 10/24/2010 3:56:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I've read a lot on the Nexus already and this is definitely the kind of community I want to be a part of. The general tone here is respectful, positive, and so enlightened.

The experience will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 10/24/2010 12:03:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice intro manSmile

You treat these substances with a good respect, nice one!!

I am.
#5 Posted : 10/24/2010 1:58:48 PM

I AM

yeah powerup. this community is very grown up and respectful. psychedelic use is known to cause egocentricism because everyone feels like they know more so they are special. yet everyone here seems to do pretty well with keeping their egos in their pockets. everyone acts/talks like responsible adults here. it is very comfortable and refreshing to see a website full of maturity. you should definitely wait until you think you're ready. thinking you're not ready means you're not.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

magickpsychonaut
#6 Posted : 10/24/2010 6:40:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

powerup welcome to the forum. I've just recently joined myself and so far everyone's been really respectful and supporting. I haven't seen the documentary yet, have been meaning to. I've had a few occasions with the incredible mushroom, and really enjoyed.
"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

magickpsychonaut
#7 Posted : 10/24/2010 6:49:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi IceKohld,
I agree that this community is very mature and respectful, although I tend to disagree with you that psychedlic use is known to cause egocentricism. Psychedelics are only tools, the important stuff is always done by you and your mind. Psychedelics can't make a saint out of a*holes, and unfortunately the unsavory types also can get their hands on psychedelics like the rest of us. The minute I began to even think that I knew better than others, even when I was very convinced of my own rightness, a "bad trip" memory would surface and bring me back to humility that I don't know everything and that there is always an unknown truth that no one has touched on yet regardless of the subject in question.

In my opinion, sincerity and correct use of psychedelics will result in a more mature, wise and compassionate worldview. Egocentricism and egomaniacs will be what they are with or without psychedelics. Having said all of the above, I could be totally wrong.
Kind regards

ICEKOHLD wrote:
yeah powerup. this community is very grown up and respectful. psychedelic use is known to cause egocentricism because everyone feels like they know more so they are special. yet everyone here seems to do pretty well with keeping their egos in their pockets. everyone acts/talks like responsible adults here. it is very comfortable and refreshing to see a website full of maturity. you should definitely wait until you think you're ready. thinking you're not ready means you're not.

"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

Rivea
#8 Posted : 10/24/2010 7:18:05 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Nice introduction. I hope to hear more from you as you explore this world. It is fascinating.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

powerup
#9 Posted : 10/25/2010 8:45:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@magickpsychonaut & IceKohld
I've also thought a lot about that. One guy I know, who was heavily into acid, is the most egomaniacal narcissist I know.

It's true, psychedelics don't turn bad people into good people, but it can cause conservative people to be more open minded. I put myself in that category.

ragabr
#10 Posted : 10/26/2010 2:36:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, powerup, cool to have you here.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

powerup
#11 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:03:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I added my location, as it seems to be customary here. Smile

powerup
#12 Posted : 1/19/2011 7:22:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well it looks like I will keep waiting. My goal is now pushed back to the end of the year. I would like to experience spice by 2012, since it is a symbolic year. It's just not the right time, unfortunately. In a few more months, some issues will be settled for me and I can proceed with a clear road ahead.

Looking forward to it but I envy those who are plugged in right now. At least I've got McKenna videos to tide me over until then. Pleased