We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : How soon after MAOI do you injest DMT for best results?
Choice Votes Statistics
Together, in a liquid 3 60 %
5-10 min after 0 0 %
30 min after 0 0 %
45-1hr later 0 0 %
Immediately after slight stomach heaviness of MAOI is felt 2 40 %

Take DMT and MAOI together or separately? Options

Otiliya
#1 Posted : 1/10/2011 8:25:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems like most veterans here are saying to drink them together for best results. Then a few failed at that (swithemselves) and say best experience ever was half hour or 45 min apart. Everyone has personal proof.
Please, post your attempts with DOSAGES of both the DMT and MAOI in their FORMS and how long apart consumed. If posted in other threads, repost here for a big consolidated database.

1) Best experience ever, 200mg DMT fumarate with 250mg crude rue extract. Consumed in capsules with one little hole in them, about 45min apart when the heavy stomach ooziness was felt.

2) 200mg of clean harmala freebase with 200mg fumarate drank together in a pint jar of orange juice. empty stomach. Felt sick after 25 minutes and threw up with lots of anxiety and somewhat Alex Grey "webs" texture on the surface of objects, especially the bathtub. Lasted maybe 20 minutes. Was over soon with harmala glow only.

3) 250mg fumarate with 2 200mg crude harmala extract capsules and 800mg theobromine in a capsule. first harmala and theobromine capsules, 45 min later dmt, then another harmala capsule 30 min later. no dmt effects, very miserable experience.

I voted until ooziness is felt, although it conflicts with another attempt. Please vote for the most consistent timings, that have worked most often.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

How do I vote? I seem to be too tired to find a button to click...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Global
#3 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:48:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Yeah, I can't figure out how to vote either. But I'll post my results nonetheless.

3g ground up syrian rue seeds in gel caps with a hole poked in each gel cap with a thumb tack.

Wait 1/2 hour and drink 30mg freebase DMT dissolved in OJ or other asorbic acid containing juice

*Note: this works well for me, but it is extremely nauseating (though not after puking) yet effective. I plan on upping the dose and will be using DMT-fumarates next time as well as caapi tea instead of syrian rue....really gonna change it up in this next experimentation
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

gibran2
#4 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:48:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’ve tried it both ways – together and MAOIs first followed about 20 minutes later by DMT. I haven’t noticed an appreciable difference.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

#5 Posted : 1/11/2011 12:07:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I take my harmalas dissolved in a shot glass of 100% grapefruit juice...DOWN. Then roughly 20-25 minutes later or when I feel the harmala load...then i dissolve the said amount of dmt in a shotglass with grapefruit juice..stir...DOWN.

Everyones got their particualrs, but that is what works for me. Smile

soulfood
#6 Posted : 1/11/2011 12:29:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

First of all I have to starve myself to make sure I get a good chance of everything working to a predictable schedule.

I've had this stuff come on 5 hours after consumption before and from that for myself I make sure I have nothing substantial to eat 8 hours before dosing. Then I take the 2 together in plain water, as I keep my pharma dosing's as salts I need not add anything to the mix and they desolve readily.

lorentz5
#7 Posted : 1/15/2011 5:56:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I've had this stuff come on 5 hours after consumption before and from that for myself I make sure I have nothing substantial to eat 8 hours before dosing. Then I take the 2 together in plain water, as I keep my pharma dosing's as salts I need not add anything to the mix and they desolve readily.

Yes, SWIM agrees fasting is highly important. He has taken them both together in a capsule, parachuted, dissolved in water, OJ, with a 30min wait period, and at the same time, and experiences pretty much the same intensity of effects. The only difference for him is how fast it kicks in. By taking MAOi first, and DMT second (30min later), for him the experience kicks in at about the 45min-1hr mark, but taken together, it can take 2-3hrs to kick in.
I am here
(1) For increased personal power, intellectual understanding, sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.
(2) For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth for fellow men.
(3) For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal closeness, pure experience.
(4) For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits; attainment of mystical union.

physics envy
#8 Posted : 1/18/2011 1:24:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lorentz5 wrote:
Quote:

Yes, SWIM agrees fasting is highly important. He has taken them both together in a capsule, parachuted, dissolved in water, OJ, with a 30min wait period, and at the same time, and experiences pretty much the same intensity of effects. The only difference for him is how fast it kicks in. By taking MAOi first, and DMT second (30min later), for him the experience kicks in at about the 45min-1hr mark, but taken together, it can take 2-3hrs to kick in.

I had something similar happen over the weekend. I ate lightly, took 3.5gr rue powder in capsules (with holes poked in them), waited 10, drank 50mg fb in plum juice, waited 10 and drank another 50mg. After 2 hours from the rue, not much was happening so I tried a couple light vape hits to kick it off, but didn't feel any additional length or strength...so I was thinking it was a failure. I cleaned up, ate something light, and then at the 4hr mark it kicked in. I was laid out on my bed with a ton of energy coming through and lots of 'gut squeezes' for the next two hours.
Salvia quid enthusiast

rOm
#9 Posted : 1/18/2011 10:42:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

together capped or separate once the harmalas are beginning to be felt worked good but I feel eating something like bread and olive oil on top after really speed the onset by pushing the salts through the liver.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

rawmo
#10 Posted : 1/22/2011 10:34:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

physics envy wrote:

I had something similar happen over the weekend. I ate lightly, took 3.5gr rue powder in capsules (with holes poked in them), waited 10, drank 50mg fb in plum juice, waited 10 and drank another 50mg. After 2 hours from the rue, not much was happening so I tried a couple light vape hits to kick it off, but didn't feel any additional length or strength...so I was thinking it was a failure. I cleaned up, ate something light, and then at the 4hr mark it kicked in. I was laid out on my bed with a ton of energy coming through and lots of 'gut squeezes' for the next two hours.

do you think that you should have waited more time to let the caps dissolve and the rue MAOI's bind the MAO's?

I'm planning on experimenting re maoi drop time and dmt time. been finding that doing together can take up to 2 hrs to come on, whereas used to have a 20 min window [maoi to dmt] and then came on in 45mins from moai ingestion...

anyone else noticed, or got some stats?

rawmo
#11 Posted : 1/22/2011 10:35:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
together capped or separate once the harmalas are beginning to be felt worked good but I feel eating something like bread and olive oil on top after really speed the onset by pushing the salts through the liver.

We've found bread really speeds up the onset or re-kicks it in.

anyone know any medical reasons?

Nature Boy
#12 Posted : 1/30/2011 3:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rawmo wrote:

One can only speculate. What if the MAOI's and / or DMT are better absorbed in the duodenum or jejunum than in the stomach? The Ph is very different there. Perhaps the bread encourages swifter passage of the stomach contents into the duodenum?

Who knows...but I agree that a non-event can be nicely ramped up or kicked off by food. I've had failure with a Clementine, but success with a grapefruit. Never tried bread.

N.B.

Not Sure
#13 Posted : 2/12/2011 7:16:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love this thread. I have been wanting to know for a long time if they would work consumed together in one capsule. Now I know to wait until I feel a heavy stomach.

I will not try the bread trick cause I am gluten intolerable (real bad). But I was wondering if a drink like Kombucha would help the stomach digest the harmalas quicker? I know fermented stuff is bad for MAOI's but I found RIMA's allow you to indulge lightly without ill effect. Anyone try a fermented drink while on MAOI's?
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

MelCat
#14 Posted : 2/12/2011 7:24:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not Sure wrote:
I know fermented stuff is bad for MAOI's but I found RIMA's allow you to indulge lightly without ill effect. Anyone try a fermented drink while on MAOI's?

I could be mistaken but I believe I heard/read somewhere that some shaman actually allow their ayahuasca brews to ferment a little before consumption. I don't remember the source or if that's actually true, but I figured someone else may be able to shed some light on it.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

fender1212
#15 Posted : 3/5/2011 7:44:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

rawmo wrote:
rOm wrote:

Yes. Bread is a carbohydrate. Carbohydrates induce insulin response in the body which facilitates digestion/absorption