We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT: Answer to Grasping Freedom? Options

DreamingWhileAwake
#1 Posted : 1/17/2011 8:26:38 AM

Forrest

I have never used DMT before so I have one question discerning whether I'll do it or not. If my whole life has mostly been an internal conflict (up until recently as I've gotten better) should I try DMT to relieve my abnormally obsessive behaviors? I have social issues with what should or shouldn't be said and done socially. I just want to be free from feeling like I have to be a certain way in public. My childhood wasn't very pleasant but I kept the problems to myself and held them in for years. I may be Autistic or borderline OCD and I'm passive aggressive. From reading a few DMT experiences I get the feeling it may sum up or reflect upon your life and in my case I don't think that'd be a good idea. Any thoughts? I'll explain my case further if needed.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Citta
#2 Posted : 1/17/2011 10:20:21 AM

Skepdick

Difficult question. Now, smoked DMT is a great experience, but it is alot more "out there" then "in here". With this I mean that a quick DMT flash doesn't give too much (in my experience) time for contemplating personal issues and nesting up some knots in ones personal psyche. Things like pharmahuasca, ayahuasca, mushrooms and MDMA could be great and perhaps better tools for trying to explore and perhaps "solve" some of these issues - or at least make some serious progress. Good work with a professional therapist or the like could also be beneficial.

No one here, or at least not most of us, on the DMT nexus is qualified health-personnel, so any advice should really be taken with a grain of salt and considered carefully. Generally, many think that taking strong psychedelics can be impairing, or even dangerous, when having serious personal issues. Many others claim the opposite, that it can be really therapeutic. In my experience it is the latter, but there is no guarantee that this applies to your situation. If you really feel like giving it a try as it actually might help you, start slow and low is my suggestion, and perhaps you should consider doing something else than smoking DMT.

Other good advice will probably come in from other members here as well, so stay tuned =)

۩
#3 Posted : 1/17/2011 12:08:49 PM

DMT: More questions than answers

burnt
#4 Posted : 1/17/2011 4:29:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Psychedelics can reduce symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder. There is clinical evidence for this with regards to psilocybin. Anecdotal evidence with regards to lsd. No evidence as far as I know with regards to dmt. It may offer symptom relief though. If you are prone to mental instability make sure you thoroughly research what you are doing and have sober sitters around who you trust and can help you.

On a personal note when I was a teenager I had diagnosed OCD. After using lsd in combination with exposure behavioral kind of therapy I was able to completely get rid of >90% of all symptoms within a very short time frame. LSD was the catalyst. However because of my brain chemistry I am more prone to paranoia while on psychedelics so always use with caution.

DreamingWhileAwake
#5 Posted : 1/17/2011 5:17:33 PM

Forrest

I appreciate the advice, guys. My OCD tendencies have diminished quite a bit after lowering my stress. I'll take more time to look into DMT. But I'm not sure about psychedelics. On new Years eve I was still debating first time use of shrooms, acid and herbal hallucinogens. And due to four years of "crossfading" here and there with weed and booze (at high amounts) I have these minor visual "trails" and see a bit of light static everywhere. It's likely I'm much more sensitive to drugs than the average person so the hallucinogenic properties of weed greatly affected me while drunk. Because of this DMT will be the only "substance" I try, if any at all. What DMT has done for you guys? Again, I appreciate the helpSmile

ms_manic_minxx
#6 Posted : 1/17/2011 6:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ayahuasca especially can be an incredible tool for self-reflection.

Sometimes I feel like, in a sense, that it has made me an angrier person--but only because I used to be so bottled up and keep everything inside to the point of being extremely unhealthy. Now when it is healthy for me to express myself, I do (and reasonably, not violently, all that's missing is the sense of self-denial/censorship). It can definitely be amazing for overcoming all kinds of mental/psychological blocks.

Go slowly and be gentle with yourself, there is a lot of good information here to get started with! Hopefully we'll hear more from you! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 1/17/2011 6:05:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes I feel like, in a sense, that it has made me an angrier person--but only because I used to be so bottled up and keep everything inside to the point of being extremely unhealthy. Now when it is healthy for me to express myself, I do (and reasonably, not violently, all that's missing is the sense of self-denial/censorship). It can definitely be amazing for overcoming all kinds of mental/psychological blocks.

Go slowly and be gentle with yourself, there is a lot of good information here to get started with! Hopefully we'll hear more from you! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

DreamingWhileAwake
#8 Posted : 1/17/2011 6:31:28 PM

Forrest

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

That actually pertains to some of my life experiences. I was the 'runt' of the family on which my manipulative mother and my overpowering brother had all the control. I could do nothing but be my imaginative self and dream of something more to life. My brother and mom are actually good people, they just have moderate to severe ADD which put a strain on me and my development of self-reliance and worth.

Like I said, (I think) in these last few weeks my mind has been the most at peace with my whole life situation. Ayahuasca sounds like something great to try but I am wary of self-revealing experiences because I'm a bit afraid to go back and 'live' what used to be. Thank you guys for sharing Very happy

burnt
#9 Posted : 1/17/2011 6:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Like I said, (I think) in these last few weeks my mind has been the most at peace with my whole life situation. Ayahuasca sounds like something great to try but I am wary of self-revealing experiences because I'm a bit afraid to go back and 'live' what used to be. Thank you guys for sharing Very happy

Sometimes facing it again is exactly what you need to do. The thing with psychedelics is they can offer you a new perspective or solution to a problem. If your problem is an obsession and your inclination to compulsion is the short term solution you have to break this cycle. While under the influence of psychedelics you can sometimes get right down to the root of an obsession or worry. When you find what it may be you have the choice to begin looking at it differently. Sometimes when you figure out the root of the obsession and your typical response to that obsession, it may finally for the first time appear to you as totally absurd. This can give you confidence to deal with it appropriately while sober.