We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The improbability of Reality Options

fwaggle
#1 Posted : 1/17/2011 9:46:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

For men there exists two basic aspects to life, which I think no one can deny. One is his waking life and the other is dreaming.

The waking aspect of life is represented by the day, light and the known.

The dreaming side is symbolized by the night, darkness and the unknown.

What if we have it backwards, my friends? What if true wakefulness of our awareness is whatever goes on in dreaming, in 'sleep?' What if this reality is a fantasy which we fall into when we awaken in the morning?

Can anyone really be sure that the act of "waking up" for the mind is not actually "falling asleep" for awareness?

It is a fact that modern man has based his whole understanding of the universe on whatever goes on in the waking state. What if the answers we seek are locked away in whatever happens to our awareness when the physical body sleeps?

The answers lie in the unknown side of man. There is nothing to be gained from hashing and rehashing the known over and over again. Great men have been doing this since the Renaissance and we still don't know anything, except how to destroy life in an exceedingly proficient manner.

What if the reason modern man is such a homicidal egotist is because he has been cut off from his true being?

I am convinced that for man to survive now he needs to separate his two sides.

Thanks for tuning in,

-f

P.S. Breaking through on DMT is equivalent to reaching the dreaming state, IMHO.

P.P.S. Yes, I am claiming that reality is simply in our minds and does not exist in the absolute sense that we imagine.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Eranik
#2 Posted : 1/17/2011 12:59:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your ideas seemed stupid to me at first, then terrorizing, and now at least doesn't give me chills when I think about them.

I mean, I lose nothing if what you're saying be true, even better I'm realizing that would be a great life.
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

fwaggle
#3 Posted : 1/17/2011 1:43:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@Eranik: This reality we are living in is the mythological heaven, IMO. Just think of all it's tasty, colourful fruits and all the wonderful delights and pleasures of life. All the beautiful landscapes; the rivers, the mountains, the forests and the magnificent deserts. Just think of the wonder that is music.

This reality is the peak of the mountain of consciousness.

I know you have felt how disconcerting the chaos of the unknown can be. I also know exactly how you felt when you came back from that nightmarish trip of yours. It was a splendid lesson you got, indeed.

To walk the earth is a truly spectacular experience.

Just keep an open mind my friend and the world is sure to reveal it's secrets to you. Those secrets are there to be unravelled by those who try.

Enjoying life while it lasts,

-f

Eranik
#4 Posted : 1/17/2011 2:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before I was not living life, I was always searching for pleasures of life and wasting my time in false ways, while the beauties of life was already there all the time and I was blind. Now at least I can feel something out of it when I'm walking the earth, no matter where and when, the beauty is there always, one just have to open eyes.

@ People thinking I'm on MDMA or something:
It's been nearly two months since I have done something, this is not a drug effect, not an afterglow.

It can't be an afterglow because I tripped on DMT two months ago, but this feeling of love and enjoyment of life just began to rise yesterday.

We're living life to live life while forgetting to live life.
Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking ADHD liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

fwaggle
#5 Posted : 1/17/2011 3:26:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LMAO @ MDMA!

It's sad to think man has reached a place where he needs drugs to appreciate beauty. But it's also very funny.

-f

kmartin80
#6 Posted : 1/17/2011 5:50:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is similar to the view I have of reality. While I am in the process of developing the ability to lucid dream I have been really enjoying the experiences this life has been giving me. I am trying to develop both sides equally which has proven to be rather difficult for me.
이 사람은 진짜 사람 안입니다. 모든 포스트들 가짜 입니다.

Rising Spirit
#7 Posted : 1/21/2011 7:36:29 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

High fwaggle,

Just a quick question for you or kmartin80. When one awakens during lucid dreaming, as I have a few times (however briefly), is one's subjectivity the same as that on this side of the looking glass? I mean, are the ego-mind-associations the same as they are in waking life or is the self in dream states another variation and an alternate mindset? In other words, when it happened to me, I don't recall knowing who I was, although I was fully aware of existing. This opposite sense of identification was similar in many ways, under the influence of Salvia Divinorum. Makes me wonder... whoever I really happen to be inside of myself, when every restless thought is stilled and awareness continues to persists. Shocked

Peace, love & light
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

kmartin80
#8 Posted : 1/21/2011 10:01:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Rising Spirit:
from my experiences and based off the study I have done on it all it seems that after getting to where you have more lucid dreams you come to recall your sense of who you are in the grand sceme of things, not just the physical reality. in this arena is one of the areas where ppl can have their real name given to them. so it seems you have the sense of the ego and know its there, but you also know about the eternal you as well. I guess the best way to say it IMO is that you experience the dichotomy and know both sides.

fwaggle
#9 Posted : 1/22/2011 12:16:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dreams, for the average man are pointless activities in phantom worlds.

What the shaman does is to bring purpose to his dreams.

For example, he might be dreaming that he's driving a BMW X3 in the Dakar rally. Instead of allowing the context of the dream to drag him wherever, the shaman realizes: "Oh, I'm dreaming! Ok, What exactly do I want to do now? Maybe I'll go see what's cooking on the moon. Or maybe I'll contemplate quantum mechanics."

The only difference from "real life" is that from dreaming we really can go to the moon because we are disembodied awareness. And let me tell you, quantum mechanics will make a lot more sense if you can actually see these quantum objects without the interference of mechanical instruments.

But this kind of 'seeing' and 'going' has nothing to do with the eyes or physical movement.

There is practically no limit to what can be done in dreaming. Of course, if you don't realize that you're dreaming you will unavoidably go with the flow, and quite mindlessly at that.

The goal is to gain control over yourself while dreaming. You will still be yourself, but embedded into a different realm of awareness.

This is in no way different from a child learning to control himself in physical reality, or learning to navigate cyberspace.

Although with dreaming, it isn't really the self that's being controlled. What's being manipulated is perception.

-f

Ellis D'Empty
#10 Posted : 1/22/2011 12:35:25 PM

Snirfneblin

Correction: Awake and dreaming are the only realities your aware of.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Orion
#11 Posted : 1/22/2011 1:03:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

fwaggle
#12 Posted : 1/22/2011 1:28:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@Ellis D'Empty: Maybe you'd like to enlighten me on this third aspect to life which apparently I'm missing?

And just to correct your wording: dreaming is not a reality.

Reality is the physical world which men live in. Reality is perceived using the senses and the mind.

Dreaming is another (totally separate) form of awareness. It is another means of apprehending what's out there, without using the senses or the mind.

Thanks for the input,

-f

P.S. You either want to learn what I know or you don't. In either case I get nothing.

kmartin80
#13 Posted : 1/22/2011 5:18:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fwaggle:
really good way of putting it. sometimes I try to describe things and end up just talking in circles instead of getting a point across. I agree with what you said

fwaggle
#14 Posted : 1/22/2011 5:33:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@kmartin80: I think you described your point just fine buddy.

I definitely got what you were trying to convey, and I think it's the effort that counts in the end.

Keep on expanding awareness my friend and don't let anything stop you.

-f

TrustLoveMan
#15 Posted : 1/28/2011 3:05:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr5nWRE-LAE

watch in awe
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

Ellis D'Empty
#16 Posted : 1/28/2011 5:59:22 AM

Snirfneblin

Dreaming is your subconscious expanding. There are many "realities" out there. How do you view the world as a plant? As a fish? A spider? Do you think their 'realities' are the same as human 'reality'?

What do you mean "you either want to learn what I know or you don't"? Who's to say you know anything separate from anyone else? You only can know what you can understand, and even then just "knowing" something doesn't make it fact. We 'know' that we are in this world full of molecules which create everything we touch. But whats beyond these molecules? How are thoughts made? How is it that we "feel"? Why does DMT/LSD actually affect us the way it does? Why do our brains have these reactions to these chemicals?

There's plenty you don't know, and plenty more that no one knows. How can you say "dreaming is not a reality." when in your first post you declare:
Quote:
"For men there exists two basic aspects to life, which I think no one can deny. One is his waking life and the other is dreaming.
The waking aspect of life is represented by the day, light and the known.
The dreaming side is symbolized by the night, darkness and the unknown.
What if we have it backwards, my friends? What if true wakefulness of our awareness is whatever goes on in dreaming, in 'sleep?' What if this reality is a fantasy which we fall into when we awaken in the morning?"

Which means that "maybe when dreaming we are actually in 'reality' and our awakened state we are actually 'dreaming'"?
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

SnozzleBerry
#17 Posted : 1/28/2011 3:06:34 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Ellis D'Empty wrote:
There are many "realities" out there. How do you view the world as a plant? As a fish? A spider? Do you think their 'realities' are the same as human 'reality'?

Yea, this...have you seen the infrared spectrum as a nocturnal animal? Have you tasted the air for scents like a snake? Have you seen the multitude of perspectives that aliens hold? I'm serious, who knows how the hell extraterrestial life perceives and experiences reality?

I do not take issue with your ideas, fwaggle. Again, as I have said many times before, what I take issue with is your certainty that you have it right and know all there is to know about the realities that may or may not "exist". This high horse is an indefensible position as we all know you have only experienced life as a human...So why speak with such certainty when you have experienced such an infintesimal sliver of "reality"?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור