We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Melting extractions? Options

CPhantom
#1 Posted : 1/17/2011 1:48:33 PM

Cory

Hello, this isn't my first time extracting but I'm having issues this time around. For whatever reason whenever i pull out my extraction and empty it of naphtha and then set it to air dry with a fan, the collected DMT melts back into the little bit of naphtha left in my glasses. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with what I'm doing, but besides the melting it seems that I am collecting a fair amount. Is there something I can follow this time to help with not having these melt?

Many thanks!
Within each bulb the salty sea,
swims an ocean silently,
swims the forest of my dreams,
swims the essence of my being

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Cowboy5560
#2 Posted : 1/17/2011 3:31:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The little bit of naphtha that is left is increasing it's solubility when it warms, so naturally it will take some spice back into it.

This is what SWIM doe's:
When you first put your jar in the freezer, set it in at an angle. When you pull it out, the crystals will be sitting one one side of the jar. Decant the naphtha and place the jar in the open (well ventilated area, but not the freezer) and set down the jar at an angle, the opposite direction you put in the freezer so that the small amount of naphtha drains to one side away from the crystals.

Another method is to put it in the freezer again tilted this way.

Either way, you're always going to have some DMT in the naphtha. Save all of your naphtha from extractions and combine them. Let it evap either to 1/4 of NP and freeze precip or evap all the way.

CPhantom
#3 Posted : 1/17/2011 3:52:14 PM

Cory

Thank you for the info! I will give this a go here and get back to this if something messes up. I appreciate the help. :]
Within each bulb the salty sea,
swims an ocean silently,
swims the forest of my dreams,
swims the essence of my being