We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
'Shroom Popping Life-Stock?!? Options

endlessness
#21 Posted : 10/9/2008 2:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

for sure you have to know exactly how to identify mushrooms before picking them.. It´s important to be familiar with whats on your area, with possible poisonous mushrooms, look-alikes and so on...

I know how to for sure identify the cubensis where I live, but I would never dare picking some other species in a place I am not familiar with.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#22 Posted : 10/9/2008 4:25:16 AM

The Great Namah

Seriously mushroom identification is no joke...even professional mycologists get it wrong now and again. A wrong identification can mean slow and painful death with no antidote.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#23 Posted : 10/9/2008 4:29:20 AM

Teotzlcoatl

O trust me I know.

I would only want to do it with easily identifiable species like cubes.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

extrememetal43
#24 Posted : 10/12/2008 5:35:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Innoculate the spores dirctly to the poo. What if you fed the cows the shrooms they liked them then in turn when the mushies would grow in the field the cows will eat them cuz they like em. I'd say if you have a pasture and innoculated 10 patties a couple would grow at the right time of year with the right species...look up which ones grow in your area and when they fruit. If you leave those mushrooms to grow in the field and let them naturally reproduce it will take time but if theres poo all over that field they will spread.. who knows how long tho it could be a couple years. But if you spread spores around the field they will eventually grow. they will also come back every year if its a good pasture. The mycelium should remain dormant during the offseason and sprout next year if you have somethin like poo to feed off of. Also, fresh poo is no good old poo thats been sittin out in the field and has dried and been rained on is whats best.

Look you might as well just look into mushroom cultivating a few tips on a nonmushroom specific sight isnt the best. theres tons of resources out there but if you wana do what you wanna do with that field thats a way to go about it. But you could also take that poo and do a great indoor project with it itd be a way more efficient way to use the spores. when ur projects are ready to be thrown away throw the remains in the field. any part of a mushroom or its mycelium can be used to start them to grow. old substrates etc thro in the field.

'Coatl
#25 Posted : 10/12/2008 5:46:20 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Innoculate the spores dirctly to the poo. What if you fed the cows the shrooms they liked them then in turn when the mushies would grow in the field the cows will eat them cuz they like em. I'd say if you have a pasture and innoculated 10 patties a couple would grow at the right time of year with the right species...look up which ones grow in your area and when they fruit. If you leave those mushrooms to grow in the field and let them naturally reproduce it will take time but if theres poo all over that field they will spread.. who knows how long tho it could be a couple years. But if you spread spores around the field they will eventually grow. they will also come back every year if its a good pasture. The mycelium should remain dormant during the offseason and sprout next year if you have somethin like poo to feed off of. Also, fresh poo is no good old poo thats been sittin out in the field and has dried and been rained on is whats best.

That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for, thanks!!!

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

PREV12