We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bitter tastes slow down digestion... Options

Jorkest
#1 Posted : 10/10/2008 3:22:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so i was browsing the BBC this morning..watching the falling stock market...quite interesting...anyway...i came upon this article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7661964.stm

so what i was thinking...is that if there was a way that you could make some of these herbs taste better...you may be able to get a faster acting effect...shorter duration...but much more potent...

Quote:
US researchers have found a link between receptors in the gut which detect bitter foods and higher levels of a digestion-slowing hormone.

The same hormone also reduces appetite - perhaps to stop us eating any more.

im not sure exactly how to go about doing this...one idea i have had is using Miracle Berry...which when chewed up makes sour and possibly bitter tasting things..taste sweet..

or perhaps have a grape jolly rancher in your mouth as you eat it...

i think an area that we might think about spending more time in is use more of our senses to direct mystical experiences....we use sight when we are out in nature...we also use sound...and touch...but smells have also been shown to effect dreams very much..and also just your normal mood...but what about taste?!

we have another sense that most people dont recognize...and that is our sense of gravity...when you get nauseous you lay down..and somehow that helps...what about taking some of these things upside down? or at a 30 degree angle? how would the affect the experience?

i had a dream last night..i was at this party or something...and all the sudden i noticed that gravity started doing funny things...pretty soon i was holding on to the wall because my feet kept rising off the floor...i then did a back flip and jumped up to the second floor...and it felt really cool

so what about taking psychedelics in zero G...like in one of those planes that simulates zero G...might be interesting if anybody got a chance to try it
it's a sound

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 10/10/2008 9:36:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look up "cyber sickness" also. A lot of the nausea people get from psychedelics is the same as "cyber sickness". It’s caused by the eyes seeing things move without the body actually moving. Basically, the visual effects from psychedelic can cause "cyber sickness" in the exact same way simulators can. So while some of the nausea might be caused by direct effects on the digestive system, “cyber sickness” is also a big factor. Harmine and harmaline specifically cause “cyber sickness” in a lot of people. They tend to give the user a delayed visual reaction, meaning that when you move your head, it takes slightly longer for your eyes to see the movement happen. This lag directly causes “cyber sickness” in some people.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 10/10/2008 11:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

so...say you were really use to playing lots of video games...and you were use to movement without the body...do you think that it may cause a slight reduction in nausea?
it's a sound

Reborn
#4 Posted : 10/11/2008 7:39:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I have gotten cyber sickness with a very large monitor playing very realistic games such as half life2. Not pleasant at all, I dont like half life mainly for that reason.
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 10/11/2008 8:07:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that has happened to me with some PS3 games..but not all...
it's a sound

69ron
#6 Posted : 10/12/2008 8:48:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
so...say you were really use to playing lots of video games...and you were use to movement without the body...do you think that it may cause a slight reduction in nausea?

Yes it should. Especially for things like harmaline which cause an effect very similar to what causes cyber sickness. Harmaline causes a delayed visual reaction at high doses, and this same delayed visual reaction is one thing that causes cyber sickness in military personnel using realistic battle field simulators.

DMT visuals with lots of movement without corresponding body movements can also cause cyber sickness in some people.

The military found that some people cannot get cyber sickness. I cannot get cyber sickness. I'm one of those people who are immune to it. Only a certain percentage of people can get cyber sickness (just like not everyone can get sea sick). I think that’s why harmine and harmaline will not make SWIM sick even at very high doses, while others vomit constantly from them.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.