We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ethical extract Options

mrwiggle
#1 Posted : 1/11/2011 6:31:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i have some questions or a question or so about ethics of extracting...so i have a preference for extracted spice over ayahuaska because i have a hard time getting my body to accept the plant material orally and have a hard time getting it down, if and when i get it down i often puke up any significant dose and am left in a pre blastoff slightly altered state..which is usually a little weird.

upon knowing that its always better to process something yourself because you know more about it then and its cheaper etc. i have experimented with doing a couple extractions myself after coming to a pretty solid understanding of the forces at work and i have somewhat of a question about the ethics of an extraction...so you use naptha or other solvents like MEK or something to pull the isolated chems out...and also you use lye to basify so first off you have to work with this stuff and it appears to be super toxic my house gets filled with fumes...its a no good situation..

secondly theres afterwards...is there a way to ethicly get rid of when you are done? so how do you not toxify your space or a earth in the name of psycedelia..(it just seems kindof backwards, the whole point of this stuff is to find some sort of ultimate unity or so it seems and toxification doesnt support life giving pathways)...uhmm yerb
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:01:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Well filling your house with fumes is dangerous.

All my solvents (for work) eventually end up in an incinerator generating energy. They can be gotten rid of safely.

But seriously why worry about it so much? The amount of solvents used by all extractors is nothing compared to the amounts of solvents consumed in one industrial chemical facility.

mrwiggle
#3 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:12:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well..i realize the whole thing about comparative too industry its nada, though i am just trying to take responsibility for my own actions and not justify them by saying well those folks over there are way worse!! so it can be incinerated for energy, thats great...i dont have an incinerator, got any practical advice on what i can realistically do with it?
and or non toxic methods...im aware that there is a d limonene method but im under the impression that one still needs to use naptha for finale cleanup?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/11/2011 10:34:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, one doesnt need naphtha for clean up with d-limo teks, you can get pure white crystals if you have fumaric acid and later convert with slow water crystallization (check BLAB tek).

Also you can just reuse limonene, no need to throw it away.

Lastly, the mimosa/basified liquid is no problem just flushing down the toilet, after all, lye is normally used to unclog toilets. And if you still dont want to throw a basified liquid down the toilet, neutralize with vinegar or another acid. If you have a garden you can also neutralize with an acid and then burry it..

By the way, lye is not "super toxic", its just caustic. Dont let it touch your skin or eyes or something, and it should all be fine. Lye is used in the food industry often. Just like fire isnt toxic, but you shouldnt be putting your hands or eyes on it Pleased

In any case, follow your feelings... If you dont want to use lye, just do something like q21q21 or amor fati's tek, and then salt/convert the dmt fumarate as BLAB tek. Or if you cant get fumaric acid, just salt with vinegar and later convert to freebase and infuse herbs with the product like the other possibility in BLAB tek

Global
#5 Posted : 1/11/2011 2:59:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Yeah, I had similar thoughts as you did, and then I found Q21Q21's dry tek which works wonders for me. No lye (sorry, gotta point out the pun Wink ). Please give it a look. It's very simple and quite safe.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

biopsylo
#6 Posted : 1/11/2011 3:21:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i think i know where you are coming from, mrwiggle.
have you noticed the 'eco-friendly' section under 'sustainable nexus' category?

many folks here share your concerns, myself included.
that is what makes the teks that endlessness mentioned so really nice. one can go thru the steps, and feel safe and confident that one's actions are all accounted for.

a tek that uses pickling lime, d-limonene, fumaric acid, vinegar, water, sodium carbonate--these are all very safe to handle --even food grade! -- and the spent plant material with lime can be composted in your garden.

lye is widely used-all thru industry. but i wont use it in a stb tek. the thought (and the smell) of having that lye soup to deal with turns my stomach and makes me wince.

many pioneering and contributing members have been hard at work developing these eco teks over the last 3 years. they are amazing, and the teks produce the goods. some call them hippie teks, but i dont mindCool

mrwiggle
#7 Posted : 1/12/2011 1:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the assurance guys (and or girls) i will look more into the tecs you mentioned! Very happy