We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
greatest medicine or greatest poison Options

mrwiggle
#1 Posted : 1/11/2011 6:46:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so a teaching i received from across the veil once had a lot to do with medicine vs poison and they can easily be each other depending on how we treat them...ie highly poisonous things can be taken in homeopathic doses to cure serious illness' inversly great medicine a great example can be coca leaves which have been used for thousands of years to combat sickness and tiredness etc in south america is now currently killing miles of ecology vie extremely toxic extraction process' and thousands of peoples lives through violence, addiction etc...so is spice a great medicine that is opening our vision and helping us to ultimatly be the best human beings or is it a sneaky tricky poison that is cunfusing us and distracting us from "real life"....it can also be the way that it is treated that effects us, as apposed to the manner...i explain with the following example, tobacco: tobacco was traditionaly used as a method of prayer natives (n. and s. amero)it was also considered by some that its spirit was related to ayahuaska and it helps one to be in tune with the spiritual nature of things i have personally felt the power of using tobbacco in this sacred manner...today it is used by millions as an addictive vice in order to cope with the harshness of life and it is killing a huge majority of these people....i know there is so much more details to this but i dont want to pick it apart myself what do you all think?
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 1/11/2011 7:53:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Well homeopathic doses of substances aren't doses of substances at all. Its a glorified placebo.

Concerning tobacco the difference has to do with the strains used. Native American's typically use tobacco that has higher amounts of nicotine and are meant to be intoxicating. Tobacco sold at the gas station only has enough nicotine to get you addicted.

It can still be just as nasty and harmful though. I did tobacco with a shaman once because it was part of his ayahuasca ritual. It ruined the night. Make me puke and shit 10x harder. Sucked. So yea things can be a poison or a medicine depending the dose. In this case it was poison.

mrwiggle
#3 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i cannot agree that a homeopathic dose is a glorified placebo people have gotten results from SERIOUS illness's that other things have done nothing for, are you trying to say that someone with cancer or with malaria that has tried many things unsuccessfully is going to have enough faith in some homeopathy to cure themselves? i think not...it is more subtle but in no way inactive or weak... in terms of tobacco making you sick it is reminiscent of some native peyote ceremonies...when you are "sick" and puking and such they call it getting well as apposed to being sick...i theorize that all that puking was cleaning out something inside of you
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

DiMiTriX
#4 Posted : 1/11/2011 8:23:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt is right..it's just a placebo,'The biggest fraud',the buisness on the nothing
if you want earn money and enter in this buisness i can sey you to drip a homeopatical bottle in your tub and fill it with water:yeah,great,now you have a tub full of homeopatical stuff worth millions of dollars Laughing
Tz'is aná

burnt
#5 Posted : 1/11/2011 6:39:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Sorry I don't want to get into a discussion about homeopathy. Its something I find highly unethical and will only get irritated trying to explain why.

Quote:
in terms of tobacco making you sick it is reminiscent of some native peyote ceremonies...when you are "sick" and puking and such they call it getting well as apposed to being sick...i theorize that all that puking was cleaning out something inside of you

I could imagine this could be useful for situations when there is a parasite inside you which probably happened quite often at least in the jungle.

But I think a lot of this obsession with the purge is largely just part of the ritual and only adds to the healing atmosphere in a psychological sense. The physiological benefits of purging are speculative if one has no reason to be doing it (ie parasite).