We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
freebase seretonin? Options

flyboy
#1 Posted : 10/8/2008 3:43:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible or does it exist? If dmt is so close to seretonin, what would be the effects of hitting a bowl of actual seretonin?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 10/8/2008 3:52:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think serotonin syndrome is the most likely thing to happen (convulsions and other unpleasant things). XTC causses elevated serotonin levels, so if you stay beneath the serotonin-syndrome level, you would get some XTC-like ffects.
I once took a tryptophan capsule with a little syrian rue and indeed noticed very mild XTC-like effects, but these types of experiments are kind of dangerous. The neurotransmitter wich in freebase form would be most interesting maybe, is PEA, phenylethylamine. PEA is sometimes sold as some kind of suplement, so widely available.

burnt
#3 Posted : 10/8/2008 4:17:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

people take seretonin in tablets 5-HT its sold as. its kind of just a mild seretonin booster, people use it as an alternative to other antidepressents and as an XTC booster or to help with comedown. too much seretonin can cause toxic reactions. the stuff isn't going to make you trip out or anything. neither will PEA shulgin tried it no effects.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 10/8/2008 5:28:57 PM

The Great Namah

burnt wrote:
people take seretonin in tablets 5-HT its sold as. its kind of just a mild seretonin booster, people use it as an alternative to other antidepressents and as an XTC booster or to help with comedown. too much seretonin can cause toxic reactions. the stuff isn't going to make you trip out or anything. neither will PEA shulgin tried it no effects.

Do you mean the 5HT precursor 5-HTP? I haven't heard of people taking pure serotonin, which I thought was a major skin irritant and not available OTC.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 10/8/2008 7:09:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

I agree, he must be thinking of 5-HTP.

Hitting a bowl of serotonin would do absolutely nothing. It does not cross the blood-brain barrier. That's why people take the amino acid 5-HTP; 5-HTP can cross the blood-brain barrier, where certain decarboxylases will convert it to serotonin (5-HT) if the body needs it.

burnt
#6 Posted : 10/9/2008 3:58:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes my typo sorry

benzyme
#7 Posted : 10/9/2008 5:29:15 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

entropy's correct.
5HT is typically synthesized in vivo in the gut, where it also signals. it doesn't pass the BBB very well at all, so freebasing it wouldn't do anything (no central activity when taken exogenously)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

flyboy
#8 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:14:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok thanks for the answers, i thought maybe serotenon freebase might able increase our mental capacity or stimulate intelligence or memory or sense or something.

What i was pondering was, what controls the maximum level of hearing, sight etc... it seems there should be a chemical way to increase our existing senses without altering them. It does not seem reasonable our eyes and ears are already on maximum and say this because high pitched sounds and red-level spectrum light seem to be sharpened considerably by spice.

I was considering without basis in fact Smile that perhaps spice visions are somehow interacting with sound or light or radio waves we cannot perceive and that is why they appear to be giving off communications, becuase their patterns are actually based on human communication waves.

Just a thought.

burnt
#9 Posted : 10/10/2008 4:24:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What i was pondering was, what controls the maximum level of hearing, sight etc... it seems there should be a chemical way to increase our existing senses without altering them. It does not seem reasonable our eyes and ears are already on maximum and say this because high pitched sounds and red-level spectrum light seem to be sharpened considerably by spice.

well the amount of nerves recieving signals is certainly one part of this and so is the amount of stimuli going in. the other aspect is your perception itself because as you focus on different things your mind deletes out a bunch of other things. i think psychedelics can alter the parts of your brain doing most of the perceiving like changing the focus on a lense or something.

Quote:
I was considering without basis in fact that perhaps spice visions are somehow interacting with sound or light or radio waves we cannot perceive and that is why they appear to be giving off communications, becuase their patterns are actually based on human communication waves.

i have thought about this in respect to light. SWIM noticed that on spice journeys in the day in an orange colored room always brought about very intense orange and related colors in the visions. at night the colors would be dark purple black and green. it seemed as if the brain was taking the stimuli around it and amplifying the colors to dominate what was being percieved.

something along those lines... Shocked