We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Man in coma after ayahuasca ceromony gone wrong! Options

Global
#41 Posted : 1/10/2011 5:52:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

dream_denizen wrote:
Enoon wrote:
And yet alcohol is still accepted... I wonder how this compares to the percentage of alcohol casualties when looking at #-of-casualties/#-of-users... I'm pretty sure alcohol is still worse. No one sees that as a bad drug... How can the mind be so selective and unreasonable?? makes my head spin...

Fear-mongery and prejudice prevail... At least not here though. So maybe there is hope. Smile

Illegal drugs are put into a scheduled hierarchy according to their potential to be abused... Funny that the most commonly abused drug is nowhere in the Controlled Substances Act.

Well it's the one that dumbs down your thinking and impairs your judgment. Government wouldn't want you thinking too much with good judgment now would they?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#42 Posted : 1/10/2011 7:22:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Apparently he is not in coma anymore but not in very good health conditions. Read what his wife has said:

"Carola" wrote:
There are many lessons to be learn from my husband's experience. A person who has poor health should always be supervised under an ayahuasca session. My husband was in denials that he had a poor health condition, but he lost several pounds in the last months, having a strict diet, free of salt, and not having the habit to drink enough water daily being in the jungle. He never took seriously the dangers to drink excess of plain water during an ayahuasca ceremony, nobody including the shaman restrained him of drinking, when calming him down. If I had been there, I would have forbidden him to take part of a ceremony in the first place, or drink a much lesser portion of what he used to drink, limit the intake of camalonga or mapacho that increase dizziness, restrain the intake of water, adding toronja or lemon juice and a pinch of salt to it (to avoid electrolyte imbalance), putting him in a recovery position (to avoid aspiration) after he fainted first time and take him immediately to the hospital. My husband has a pneumonia from infected water, ayahuasca and (for sure) camalonga.

The facts are the people present in the ceremony took my husband 12 hours later than the incident, for not taking the matter seriously from the start, so he arrived in much worse condition than he was supposed to if he had been treated immediately. He would not have arrived totally dehydrated, with an electrolyte imbalance, in a profound stupor state with breathing distress, leading to respiratory support which also increase the risks of pneumonia.

The reason this story arrived to the media is because he lacked of current identification (they had been stolen), he had just an old passport. When arriving to the hospital, he had money in his pocket and even that was stolen, he was abandoned there by those who brought him, as the victim of the Samaritan tale. Because there was no relative presents to defend him, reporters invented whatsoever, discriminating him for owning an ayahuasca center, and even filmed him in his hospital bed violating his privacy, it is a shame. I am very upset for the following controversies surrounding my husband and his property, even here in this ayahuasca forum.

My husband does not have any insurance, the center is our only income, my husband is already late with Sunat (tax, employees salary for December), his rehabilitation will be long, he is not fully lucid, has difficulty to move, talk and write so he is not able to work for a good while. As soon he is discharged from the hospital, he will be taken to Santiago, Chile, where I am in my late pregnancy of our second child.

If somebody wants to help us, lay a hand, it will be very welcomed in this very complicated economical situation, we need to pay back the people who assisted my husband in his critical moments purchasing medicine not available in the hospital, we need some money to survive during his rehabilitation, to pay bills and mortgage and Peruvian Sunat, this is the reality, The last months my husband was looking for a manager to replace him while not being there and has a big list of foreign people who wishes to do voluntary work at the center.

So please keep praying for my husband full and fast recovery, some of you can send some money if you want and can, or help at the center to keep it running. You can pm me or continue supporting the good act of Mr Shoemaker to raise funds for my husband.
Thank you
Carola

Someone in poor state of health to begin with, ayahuasca with admixtures (camalonga, Thevetia peruviana) which contain toxic cardiac glycosides, bad care from those around him during his difficulties, delay in treatment, etc.. All of that definitely doesnt sound like a good combo Sad

Lets hope this ends well.

corpus callosum
#43 Posted : 1/10/2011 8:53:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

As I mentioned in my post-I did wonder about his pre-existing state of health; aspirating is bad news but especially toxic in those who are debilitated to start with.

I send him best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, God Willing.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

eagleeyes
#44 Posted : 1/10/2011 9:24:49 PM

eagle eyes

it could be anything that caused his coma.......you not supposed to just go to a foreign country and drink aya without first ridding your body of toxins.....i went to peru for aya ceremonies and had to prepare my body first with dieta including no pork or red meat because the combination can be deadly........no sugar fat chocolate cheese etc and was told also to not smoke week for two weeks prior or have sex while working with aya......some folks don't take that seriously but there is reason to and this case may be proof of reason......also not good for the faint of heart........best wishes to all .....and please follow instructions of preparing your body before indulging with aya....

endlessness
#45 Posted : 1/10/2011 9:37:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

eagleeyes, if you read what his wife said, his strict "shamanic" diet might have been a contributing factor to his problem in the first place by leaving him weak. Some extreme diets are not necessarily (or often not) healthy in the first place.

Also, please provide any source for claiming eating red meat with aya can be deadly, thats straight off misinformation. While I think eating reasonably light and being sensible with diet is recommended in any case (regardless of ayahuasca or not), to say that not following certain arbitrary shamanic diet is deadly, well, as I said, its just misinformation...

Lastly, if you read what has been said, that guy was living in south america for a while and he was the one that bought the land for the shaman norma panduro, meaning he was more than knowledgeable about ayahuasca and not just some random someone going there without a clue

eagleeyes
#46 Posted : 1/10/2011 10:12:12 PM

eagle eyes

i read what his wife said after i posted but still ya never know.....he could have had other health issues......and the peruvian shamans who conducted the ceremonies told us all NOT to eat pork red meat and a list of other stuff....we all followed the diet and did well

PREV123