We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Travel story: acid pharma Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 1/9/2011 5:51:44 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Substances:
* T 0:00: 200mics LSD
* ~ T 4:00 200mg caapi extract + 75mg DMT-fumarate

Normally I don't write experience reports. Mostly since they don't have that much to gain from since they are very personal and I like a little privacy in my head. This one however was special, special since it involves the combination of different entheogens and special since it brought me deep inside hyperspace.

Like most journeys this journey started the night before, I felt that the next day was a good day to take acid so I told my wife about it. I like to keep my wife updated on my traveling beforehand. When I'm on entheogens I don't like things that give the journey a bad mood, so talk about bad news and playing certain music will not be that good. I also keep her updated as a way of getting consent from her, we both life in the same house and it is nice that both agree on such important matters. My wife understands this and respects this, I'm so lucky to have found her. Smile

In the afternoon, before taking anything, I wend in to the chat and inside the chat there was a good, positive and constructive mood. Quite a few people were on some sort of substance or were planning to. When Enoon mentioned that she would take pharma I thought that this might also be a good time for me to take pharma. Since a few weeks I wanted to take pharma but never found the right mindset for it. There was always something that prevented me from taking it. But with the current mindset it felt it was the right time.

One thing thats important here is that lately I have been experimenting with LSD + DMT. I take LSD and smoke some DMT freebase on certain periods of the acid journey. This has learned me a few things:
1. Smoking DMT on the peak of the acid journey is ok for me but the acid might be too strong so the DMT is partly wasted
2. Smoking DMT on the comedown of acid is gold: I have no anxiety and together with the acid it brings me a more dreamy DMT journey

So this got me into thinking about the combination of acid + pharma. After chatting about this idea my mind was set to try this combination. I prepered 200mg of extracted caapi together with 75mg of DMT-fumarate. I put both of them in about 100ml of a juice that was made from appel, raspberry and pomegranade. I stirred well and let it settle for when I was ready to take it.

At around 6pm I took 200mics of acid. Two drops on a sugarcube. I put the cube under my tongue and took a nice warm shower. Taking a shower relaxes me and it even gives me a micromoment for meditation. It's good to focus the mind before taking entheogens.

After the shower I got on the DMT-Nexus chat again. Had some great chats with people and the acid kicked in pretty nice. After a few hours, it must have been about 4 or 5 hours since I took the acid, I felt that the acid was over it's peak and that the comedown was well on its way. This was the time to take the pharma.

Normally drinking the pharma in orange juice is horrible, the taste is just nasty. I took the hole drink in one big gulp and I noticed that with this new juice it did a very good job at hiding the horrible taste of the harmalas and the DMT-fumarate. It tasted quite ok. Right after drinking the juice I brushed my teeth and wend back to the chat. After about 5-10 minutes I noticed that I saw the typical harmala tracers and I also felt some nausea come up. I noted to myself that this was a fast come up and I took a small piece of ginger and chewed on it, this took away the nausea almost instantly, in the chat we call these small pieces of fresh ginger jokingly: ginger nibbles (TM).

Then about 5 minutes later I noticed that the pharma was kicking in already with a fast pace. I stated to the comforting people in the chat that is was time for me to retreat. I wend to my special travel room and lay down on the bed.

As soon as I was in my bed I felt the pharma kicking in fast, really fast. I felt the visions coming faster and faster. My mind was starting to have trouble processing them all and I wondered in agony how long that would go on. They became more and more and more intense and I couldn't keep it anymore. I stood up from the bed, walked towards the door and stumbled back on the bed in a sitting position. I remember that I looked at the door and that the light from the hallway surrounded the silhouette of the door. I saw fractals apearing but not your normal fractals. These were geometric black holes, dark fractals, making patterns were the light inside it would be gone.

I was now in a state of utter horror and dispair, this was the first time I had a urge to yell for my wife to help me comfort me. I had been through this state of mindset before and every time this happened before I wend into some kind of shock were you sudenly are in a 3rd person state looking at yourself, some kind of escape capsule for the soul, this time that did not happen however and I wonder if the acid, taking away the anxiety, might have prevented this triggers from firing.

I set on the bed with my head down and with all my willpower I somehow managed to go through all of this. Maybe my mind only needed some time to figure out how to deal with this maddness? The visions got beter to deal with and slowly I started to lay down on the bed again, trying not to disturb the new found peace.

The journey then wend in some time travel journey, I lived the lives of all my ancestors, passed my own and wend into the future. I remember that at times I would come by and have my hole face wet from tears. I'm not sure why I had so many tears but I guess this must have been a very cleansing ride.

This then got on for some time and at some point it turned into that well known comforting pharma blanket where the pharma thinks it has done enough for you and that it is time for you to get easy again, to cuddle you back to this world of you and I.

I was still in this nice and dreamy world when I was rudely pulled out of it by my body reminding me that now would be a good time to visit the bathroom. I stood up and like a drunken man I walked to the bathroom, I did my thing to stop that body from complaining so much and then moved on to give my wife a nice and warm hug, I could use it. She comforted me and when I was finished hugging her my lovely cat meowed that is was her time now to cuddle with me and help me integrate into this world again. I wend back to the chat to tell the people I was ok and my lovely cat would stay with me the whole time to comfort me, she's such a joy. I looked at the clock and I was a bit astonished that only two hours had passed since I took the pharma, for me I had been gone for ages.

Now for the lessons learned:

* Acid does take away the anxiety almost completely
* This anxiety removal might have some unknown side effects, it might be that my 'shock triggger' was not pulled because of this
* DMT-fumarate is bloody fast to come up. I think the next time I will try less DMT-fumarate, about 50mg together with 20mg of DMT freebase. I'm hoping that since the freebase is absorbed in a slower rate that this will have some time release effect.
* Apple, raspberry, pomegranate juice is perfect in masking the pharma taste
* Ginger nibbles (TM) work!
* Having your pharma with the harmala freebase in the juice for hours is probably good to make sure it is all turned into good absorbable salts
* Cats rock

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Citta
#2 Posted : 1/9/2011 5:57:20 PM

Skepdick

Nice report, interesting combination! I must have been out in hyperspace with a couple of friends myself while your trip was on. Interesting evening for both of us!

Thanks for sharing

DiMiTree
#3 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*time travel is possible? hehehe

Pandora
#4 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:04:43 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Wow Traveler! Amazing, shamanic experience! Sounds so intense and cathartic too! Nemo Amicus always says if you can blow yourself out far enough, DMT (& sometimes the others) can feel distinctly like "Spatial & temporal displacement." Mission accomplished!

Personally, from all the reports I've read, I'm thinking "never" will be my schedule for mixing harmalas with LSD and/or mushrooms. Can't help but ask: Do you think you might ever try something like this again?

I wonder if Ginger Nibbles (TM) might be available in the US? Laughing

I've noticed ever since I joined the Nexus that you don't really post trip reports. Thank you so much for posting such a well written one, including a list of lessons learned!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:22:27 PM

"No, seriously"

Thank you for the comments people.

Pandora wrote:
Wow Traveler! Amazing, shamanic experience! Sounds so intense and cathartic too! Nemo Amicus always says if you can blow yourself out far enough, DMT (& sometimes the others) can feel distinctly like "Spatial & temporal displacement." Mission accomplished!

Personally, from all the reports I've read, I'm thinking "never" will be my schedule for mixing harmalas with LSD and/or mushrooms. Can't help but ask: Do you think you might ever try something like this again?

I wonder if Ginger Nibbles (TM) might be available in the US? Laughing

I've noticed ever since I joined the Nexus that you don't really post trip reports. Thank you so much for posting such a well written one, including a list of lessons learned!

Thank you for your post Pandora,

I think I will try this combination again, just with less DMT-fumarate. The come up for me with DMT-fumarate is so fast that it floods my mind and turning me almost insane. So I hope that with less DMT-fumarate the come up will be less hectic and that the added DMT-freebase will slowly kick in to make the journey a full but better manageable one.

And you can make your ginger nibbles (TM) yourself in an easy way. Just chop a small part of fresh ginger and nibble it. Just make sure you add the (TM) at the end when mentioning it. Razz

As for the mission accomplished, it think it accomplished a lot, too much for the moment to hold. I have the idea my brain is releasing parts of it at a time to feed me processable chunks.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

endlessness
#6 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes trav, awesome report! I really like the way it was written, the lessons and all... I loved your definition of 'escape capsule for the soul' , and the pharma blanket, I can really relate to that Very happy

Glad you were able to go through the difficult part and eventually find your way back into the comfort of your wife's hug and that awesome cat Smile

polytrip
#7 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:44:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think this anxiety relieving effect would mostly occur after the peak of an acid experience. I think that acid tends to put your brain, including the anxiety systems into some sort of 'higher-alert' phase, but that this is pretty tiresome so the higher-alert phase slowly dies out after a few hours. In other words, i think the brain's 'fear lobes' grow tired after a few hours of acid.

I would love to try this combo one day. I've been thinking a lot about the combination of LSD and ayahuasca or shrooms. I expect the energy of LSD would realy add something to the effects of shrooms or aya and they would complement eachother realy well.

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 1/9/2011 6:56:18 PM

"No, seriously"

polytrip wrote:
I think this anxiety relieving effect would mostly occur after the peak of an acid experience. I think that acid tends to put your brain, including the anxiety systems into some sort of 'higher-alert' phase, but that this is pretty tiresome so the higher-alert phase slowly dies out after a few hours. In other words, i think the brain's 'fear lobes' grow tired after a few hours of acid.

I would love to try this combo one day. I've been thinking a lot about the combination of LSD and ayahuasca or shrooms. I expect the energy of LSD would realy add something to the effects of shrooms or aya and they would complement eachother realy well.

Hey polytrip, thank you for your post.

My idea is that acid is a too strong antagonist for the 5-HT2c receptor. I remember reading a pubmed article about DMT binding to the 5-HT2a and the 5-HT2c receptor where the binding to the 5-HT2c receptor was responsible for the anxiety.

My guess is that acid binds to that receptor too, so it could either as you say 'dull' the anxiety response of your brain. Or it could be that the acid has another less anxiety producing effect on the 5-HT2c receptor and that it is too strong to let the DMT kick it from those receptors.

I also noticed that smoking DMT freebase days after taking acid still has this no-anxiety effect. I wonder if other people have noticed that too.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Enoon
#9 Posted : 1/9/2011 7:08:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

thanks for sharing this report Trav. It's made me really curious about this combination. Personally I'd like to try taking it all at once to have a simultaneous peak on all of them.

And yes, dmt fumarates are REALLY fast! I noticed that yesterday as well.

I'm glad you made it out ok and learned some nice lessons. Especially the last one is good! I'd like to add - rats rock as well Very happy. Mine was curled up with me as I lay curled up during my pharma trip and it was really nice. It must have known it !
Horror and despair sound dreadful, but they are part of what we all experience and it's good to know that we can survive and find the light again afterwards.

Much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 1/9/2011 7:29:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your report, made for great reading. Interesting way of combining pharma and LSD. I have done this, 3 times...all incredibly magical, and at times intense experiences, but I did it the other way round to you...i.e. taking the pharma first, waiting for the most intense part of the experience to have passed, then taking the LSD. Two of these experiences were with one of my best friends, and another was with another very good friend. Two of these pharma experiences also happened to be some of the hardest I ever had, with liberal amounts of horror and despair. I found the pharma and LSD to combine very well, the pharma gave the LSD a more earthy and grounded signature, and the LSD visuals seemed to have more of a DMT like architecture. I really like your description of the "comforting pharma blanket", this was noticed for the duration of the LSD experience as well.

I like Mr polytrip's theory about the acid anxiety as well...post peak I tend to be in a very chilled easy state indeed, and this often lasts as as afterglow as well. One of my most amazing smoked DMT experiences ever was on the come down of an LSD trip in a rather magical spot in some woods. I have also noticed that DMT fumurate can work very quickly. Of my two experiences, one was with 150mg moclobemide and I took the 125mg DMT fumurate in a gelcap...this was a very chilled experience. The next time, thinking that the gel cap may have slowed things down, I took the 125mg dissolved in some fruit juice. This hit me like a freight train, and was hellishly revolting actually, and circumstances had me curling up in the foetal position in the corner of a field for the duration. Swore me off moclobemide from then on anyway.

ragabr
#11 Posted : 1/9/2011 8:19:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for sharing this Trav! The whole combination sounds very interesting. By the end of her LSD journeys, SWIM is always ready for them to be over, so she can't imagine going in deeply again post-peak. Very adventurous. Loved the description of your agreement with your wife; these issues can be very hard to navigate sometimes.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gibran2
#12 Posted : 1/9/2011 8:48:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Very nice report! And very informative as well. I’ve never used DMT fumarate in my pharma (I just dissolve freebase in a few drops of vinegar, then add to orange juice) but I think I might try this. I tend to have the opposite problem – a very slow come-up period (1.5-2 hours), so maybe fumarate could speed things up a bit.

As far as anxiety goes – are you talking about pre-dose anxiety or anxiety you encounter during the pharma experience? (Or both?)

The Traveler wrote:
...I think I will try this combination again, just with less DMT-fumarate. The come up for me with DMT-fumarate is so fast that it floods my mind and turning me almost insane. So I hope that with less DMT-fumarate the come up will be less hectic and that the added DMT-freebase will slowly kick in to make the journey a full but better manageable one.

And you can make your ginger nibbles (TM) yourself in an easy way. Just chop a small part of fresh ginger and nibble it. Just make sure you add the (TM) at the end when mentioning it. Razz

As for the mission accomplished, it think it accomplished a lot, too much for the moment to hold. I have the idea my brain is releasing parts of it at a time to feed me processable chunks.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I consider the “insanity” of a pharma experience – at least during parts of the experience – to be normal, at least for me. During my last pharma experience, there was a period where I could feel my mind “shattering”, and the last thought I had (the last thought of my intact mind) was “I sure hope someone’s keeping track of all the pieces”. Smile
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 1/9/2011 9:35:37 PM

"No, seriously"

Bancopuma wrote:
but I did it the other way round to you...i.e. taking the pharma first, waiting for the most intense part of the experience to have passed, then taking the LSD.

Thats interesting that you did it in another order. I wonder how that would be and I might try that in the future. How does the come up of the LSD feel if you take it in that order? Do the comedown of the pharma and the come up for the acid cross over nicely into each other?

ragabr wrote:
By the end of her LSD journeys, SWIM is always ready for them to be over, so she can't imagine going in deeply again post-peak. Very adventurous. Loved the description of your agreement with your wife; these issues can be very hard to navigate sometimes.

May I ask how much you usually dose with acid? I think that with higher dosages of acid, like 600mics, I also don't want to have another deep post-journey.

And yes, the agreement with the wife makes me more at easy, something that I find to be very important with entheogens, I have to feel welcome in the place where I take my journey.

gibran2 wrote:
Very nice report! And very informative as well. I’ve never used DMT fumarate in my pharma (I just dissolve freebase in a few drops of vinegar, then add to orange juice) but I think I might try this. I tend to have the opposite problem – a very slow come-up period (1.5-2 hours), so maybe fumarate could speed things up a bit.

As far as anxiety goes – are you talking about pre-dose anxiety or anxiety you encounter during the pharma experience? (Or both?)

The Traveler wrote:

I consider the “insanity” of a pharma experience – at least during parts of the experience – to be normal, at least for me. During my last pharma experience, there was a period where I could feel my mind “shattering”, and the last thought I had (the last thought of my intact mind) was “I sure hope someone’s keeping track of all the pieces”. Smile

In my experience DMT-fumarate's come up is very fast compared to DMT-freebase. With freebase the come up for me is about 45 minutes on average, with the DMT-fumarate it was only about 15 minutes.

I guess that with the fast come up you also have a higher peak. It seems normal to me that when you absorb your substance more gradually some of it will already been broken down while you still have to absorb the next part.

When I talk about the anxiety I'm mostly talking about the anxiety you get when the DMT starts to hit you, you feel panic rising and you feel a phobia like anxiety hit you. When I talked about the utter horror and the feeling of going insane there was no anxiety like that, more a very unpleasant feeling like my head would like to grow bigger to keep up with the flow of visions, some nagging feeling that just wouldn't go away and was even getting worse.

And that brings us to the insanity, to me the question I asked myself when I felt getting more and more insane was: when would I ask or even beg someone to put me down, to finally get it over with, anything but that. Utter horror evolving into utter despair. I'm glad I made it through.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

balaganist
#14 Posted : 1/9/2011 10:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report. You are a couragous soul!!
Myself, I would not even entertain such a combo - although I have never done a big enough dose of pharma to feel proper effects, but I have done quite a few strong doses of Aya. I think much of this comes from a nightmarish first experience with LSD at age 14... the fear of a 'bad-trip' still comes up, on strong doses of Aya and sometimes with smoked spice/changa - fear of losing myself and not being able to return.
It is all about acceptance, and trust that even if we feel our mind is being shattered into a million pieces that we will return, most likely with the benefit of a good clean-out and some healing.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Bancopuma
#15 Posted : 1/10/2011 12:39:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Trav,

The LSD seeps in seamlessly after the pharma has worked its magic. In fact because one is already in a trance state, the transition is smoother than when taking it from sober. It is pretty much the only semi synthetic I would take after a pharma experience, and the signature of the resulting experience is altered, providing a more grounded, earthy and visionary LSD experience, with that comfortable pharma blanket present for the duration of the experience. A synergy that I can highly recommend for the adventurous.

ragabr
#16 Posted : 1/10/2011 3:23:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

May I ask how much you usually dose with acid? I think that with higher dosages of acid, like 600mics, I also don't want to have another deep post-journey.

I don't have any standard dosing sizes (mic wise), but usually 4-6 tabs of blotter or 3-5 pieces of window pane. She'll try a single windowpane next time and see how it goes.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

corpus callosum
#17 Posted : 1/10/2011 5:09:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Nice report Traveler!!Smile

I take my hat off to you and all the other Nexians who have the mental fortitude for such ventures.Makes me long for my youth once more when I had the stamina for loooong missions out there.Unfortunately (or ? fortunately for my mental wellbeing) back in the day when I would take LSD I never came across DMT at all; the combo of psilocybin and LSD was pretty special......(he says, wistfully....Wink )

Its also gratifying to know that LSD is still available to some lucky people.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Global
#18 Posted : 1/10/2011 5:50:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've been wanting to combine a pharma and acid experience for some time now, but I haven't worked up the balls Razz Often when I take acid now, my favorite part of the whole experience is when I give myself the delightful treat of some freebase spice out of the GVG. As crazy as the visuals may get in this state, even at the peak of the acid trip, I always feel completely relaxed. It's crazy. Even though it's some of the most groundbreaking things I've seen, I always feel just amazing and mellow at the same time. On acid, DMT feels like a certain kind of life force for me. It's like all the negative body load and aches that the acid can sometimes cause me, after smoking some DMT I'm completely relieved of all that nonsense. I'm in a heavenly state in body and mind; unfortunately, like clock-work, after about 10 min or so, I can literally feel the acid begin to creep back in and all the body-load with it. At least I know I can always seek some temporary solace in ol' faithful (kinda Cool )
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb