We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
q21q21 tek question Options

ganjaman
#1 Posted : 1/8/2011 4:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello nexians
im planing to do my first extraction in a couple of weeks,til the bark from pedro is here and i have decided to use the tek from q21q21 nr.2 with vinegar,lime,naphtha.
but i have a couple of questions becouse english isnt my first lenguage and i dont understand the text 100%.

1: after the basification with lime i can let the bark-mix dry a little bit for easier afterwork? how long is recommended?
2: if i add the naphtha to the bark and let it warm do i have to stir it around with a chopstik or do i have to toss it around so that it isn´t mixed with the bark?
3: if i give the naphtha in the freezer is it possible to put a lid on the jar? i´m asking becouse i dont want the fumes in my freezer.
4: what to do with the waste?how do you cleanse your jars etc.?

thank everyone for answering my questions

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Swarupa
#2 Posted : 1/8/2011 4:17:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there...

1: yes you can wait to dry it, i usually add lime to dry it out, you have to add a LOT to do that, next time im gonna wait until it dries, whether its one day or more
2: i prefer to warm the solvent before i add it, then when i add it i just swirl the solvent around in the mix by tilting the mixing bowl, and maybe give it a small mix
3: you definitely do not want the fumes in your freezer if you have food in there, i wrap my glass dish in cling film 3x, id would do the same for any jar (whether it claimed to be airtight or not)
4: acetone cleans jars well, or just soap & warm water, i throw my mix in the garden as it's only MHRB & lime, any residual Naphtha in there will evaporate once its chucked

Hope i helped a bit Smile

ganjaman
#3 Posted : 1/8/2011 5:21:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for answering my questions.

Entheojen
#4 Posted : 1/8/2011 7:13:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just to emphasise a few points:

1. If you follow the measurements provided in the Q21Q21 tek accurately you will more than likely have the right amount of wetness. Perhaps you may have to add one or two drops of water to make it SLIGHTLY wetter.
2. It is important that the naptha IS MIXED with the bark mix. This will make sure all the bark mix is soaked in naptha to pull out the alkaloids and ensure you have the maximum yield.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

ganjaman
#5 Posted : 1/9/2011 10:42:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so im a little bit confused now.
you said when i follow the measurements accurately i have the right amount of wetness.
does this mean i can do the naptha pull DIRECTLY after the basification without letting it dry?
one says i have to swirl the solvent around a little bit and one says i have to mix it with the bark.
when it is mixed copletely and i pour the naptha off does the rest of the bark mix stay in the jar, im mean doesent it come all out with the naptha?

Entheojen
#6 Posted : 1/9/2011 10:10:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If you put in the stated amount of calcium hydroxide (3 parts calcium hydroxide to 4 parts MHRB) you will have about the right wetness, you may need to add literally 5-10 drops of water to get it the consistency as described ("The ideal consistency is moistened throughout but thick enough to make a hole in the middle of the mush."Pleased. After you have achieved this consistency, add the naptha. It'll probably only take less than 5 minutes to add the calcium hydroxide, mix it about and achieve the desired consistency.

When you pour off the naptha, the bark mix will stay in the jar. Be careful tilting the jar so bits of bark mix don't fall down and splash in collection dish. It might be useful to 'pat' the bark mix down a bit so it's more solid and doesn't cause a 'mini-landslide' effect. The naptha will flow out through the bark mix and be clear as it exits the jar.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.