We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
some one like me... comparing the entheogens. Options

Simplistic Randamonium
#1 Posted : 1/7/2011 2:00:21 AM

random root

not sure where to post this so...
i have lots of expierence with dxm at high doses, like 8 shroom trips under the belt and LOTS AND LOTS of E in my raving youth and a host of what i call drug drugs. like coke, meth, all sorts of opiats, inhalents,...
im so over it.
here is my question.
shrooms being the only real psycadelic i have done it is all i have to compair with cause for me at least salvia dosent count,...
at doses of 3 or more grams shrooms have always confused me to the point that it became uninjoyalbe. not so much of a bad trip but more of a difficult one.
i have had perhaps one bad trip but attribute that to a poor choice in set and setting.
would ayahuasca be a poor choice for me?
dmt in general?
i am a fallower of my "gut" these days, my heart rather,
and i dont feel like i will have unmanagible difficulty.
it just feels like what i need to make that next step in my path of personal growth but value informed opinion.
i hope my question is clear.

if u made it this far you are a champ, and although we may never meet you are also my friend.
S.R.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 1/7/2011 2:06:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Poor choice of set and setting.. hmm.

Sort that out and you can't go wrong. Just remember you can have a little or a lot of anything.

PowerfulMedicine
#3 Posted : 1/7/2011 2:08:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe you should just listen to your heart as you say that is what you follow theses days. Only you will if it is a good idea.
Maay-yo-naze!

Electric.Sight
#4 Posted : 1/7/2011 5:25:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms + DMT/Pharma take me to similar places. I have no experience with Aya yet, but one day....

For me, the main difference between DMT and Mushrooms, is with mushrooms I have a certain degree of control, and the trip is a little more user-friendly. With DMT the aspect of control is gone. As long as you can go with it and have proper set/setting it should be a very rewarding experience.
However you and only you will be able to know when you're ready. There's no real preparation, if you feel you're up for it then you probably areSmile
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Global
#5 Posted : 1/7/2011 7:26:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Although pharma/aya take me to similar places as mushrooms, they are always much more enjoyable experiences for me. It's more like mushrooms now take me to where pharma/aya take me I should say. In either manner, the vaporized DMT is really not much like the longer experiences in my honest opinion. I mean you can tell it's the same chemical at the heart of the experience, but I perceive the experiences in very different fashions. Some of my pharma experiences have literally been the most euphoric, ecstatic moments of my life and would take it again in a heartbeat, while I would still treat shrooms with much trepidation.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Simplistic Randamonium
#6 Posted : 1/7/2011 4:40:52 PM

random root

thank you all so much for the imput.
second question...
for a first timer, getting feet wet so to say....
changa or aya?
for some reason im feeling the aya even though this goes against my logic.
shorter rather than longer for a first time to get a sence of things but my inner self screams to drink a vile brew....
i am also alone on my journy other than nexus help...
i dessperatly wish i had my old medicin man but i heard he moved to washington and died shortly after...
maybe i will find him but am reluctant to embark on my own...
how ideas on how to find a good expierenced guide?
gobalswg- u were most helpfull
if u made it this far you are a champ, and although we may never meet you are also my friend.
S.R.

Global
#7 Posted : 1/7/2011 4:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Well, for me personally I made myself an ayahuasca brew before I even knew what changa was. I've only taken aya once (but pharma many times...I love pharma) and the aya experience was kinda mixed for me. I know many here speak of it in only the highest regards, but it was a pretty crazy experience that was hard to handle at the time. In retrospect it was helpful and healing but god it didn't feel that way at the time. If you wanna get your feet wet, go with changa. I've had nothing but positive experiences with it. It can truly add a brilliance and magnificence to the experience. If you were to make changa what leaf/leaves would you plan on using? My recommendation would be to try the changa first so you can get accustomed to as many of the effects that you may find on ayahuasca as possible (but as I said, you may find the effects to be very different. Visuals and feelings were very different for me on ayahuasca than freebase spice, pharmahuasca, changa, you name it). Changa is also not likely to be very nauseating. The nausea from the ayahuasca kinda ruined the experience a bit for me. I wasn't able to puke until pretty much the whole thing was ending for some reason. It'll be different with everyone, but I'm gonna give my vote to changa for the first try on this one.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Global
#8 Posted : 1/7/2011 4:56:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I should also note that with my ayahuasca experience (since I can already predict what many will want to chime in with) that I did in fact take precautions against the nausea. I shoved sprigs of mint up my nose and smoked some MJ, but I think these preventative measures were what prevented me from puking early on. My suggestion (and I've done this with pharma if I get nauseous on pharma) is to be as nauseous as possible so it's incredibly easy to puke. You just wanna be able to keep it down for like 1/2 hour-hour so you can soak up all the good stuff.

Electric.Sight
#9 Posted : 1/7/2011 6:01:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
It's more like mushrooms now take me to where pharma/aya take me I should say.
Yeah glad you brought this up as I forgot to mention it. My mushroom experiences have evolved to be more like DMT.
This happened after I experienced DMT, all my mushroom experiences are deeper mentally and resemble DMT visual patterns.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Simplistic Randamonium
#10 Posted : 1/7/2011 11:19:01 PM

random root

i was thinkin caapi and mullein 60/40 at 1:1 or 1:2...
any suggestions?
S.R.

Global
#11 Posted : 1/8/2011 3:26:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that many here prefer that combination. Not sure about the ratios. Personally I like blue lotus (really refines the details and adds a sort of brilliance to the visuals. also easy on the lungs) and calea (although the calea is kinda bitter. May not be your thing).

Simplistic Randamonium
#12 Posted : 1/8/2011 10:40:22 PM

random root

i thought i might add that my desire to work we these powerfull plants arise from a need for spiritual and emotional healing and growth, insights and the like...
it seems that most feel that aya is best for healing but im not wanting to get in over my head.
damn i wish i had a teacher or a guide!
this sorta feels like stumbling around a well known room, filled with potentialy dangerous objects, while drunk....
seems easy and safe enough.
i hope im not being confusing as i do have a tendancy to go over board in detail and lose myself in rants and ramblings

S.R.