We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Crystals forming on side of pot? Options

kareemabduljamar
#1 Posted : 1/7/2011 3:45:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still have my first extraction in a large 5L pot. It was a STB tek, and I really haphazardly threw the contents together. I have no idea what quantities of mhrb, lye or naptha I used.
I left it alone for several weeks with out removing any naptha, and today I looked in on it. I noticed xtals forming on the sides of the pot. I haven't decanted any of the naptha or done anything in anyway to it for several weeks. The crystals are off white to yellow in color.

Do these have the possibility to be active? Lye content? (using them will not be an option until further purification)
kareemabduljamar is a fictional character I am developing. Any use of I is the first person view of this fictional character.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

kareemabduljamar
#2 Posted : 1/7/2011 4:27:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After scraping the crystals from the sides of the pot I am left with bits of dried aqueous liquids, clear white and yellow crystals. I plan to recrystallize them. to try and get the lye and plant material out.
kareemabduljamar is a fictional character I am developing. Any use of I is the first person view of this fictional character.

Global
#3 Posted : 1/7/2011 7:23:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It's possible some naptha evaporated leaving the DMT and DMT-oxides on the side of your pot.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/7/2011 9:14:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ yes thats my guess too

just redissolve those crystals in warm naphtha, wash with sodium carb and freeze precipitate

also your naphtha that was in the pot can probably go straight to freezer and will yield nicely

kareemabduljamar
#5 Posted : 1/7/2011 12:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
It's possible some naptha evaporated leaving the DMT and DMT-oxides on the side of your pot.

This is what I was thinking, but it didn't seem right for evaporating naptha to carry DMT. Another idea I had was that when I was decanting the residue of naptha left on the side of the pot evaped and left these crystals.

[quote=endlessness] ^ yes thats my guess too

just redissolve those crystals in warm naphtha, wash with sodium carb and freeze precipitate

also your naphtha that was in the pot can probably go straight to freezer and will yield nicely[/qutoe]

I havent had the time to rextal yet. I did take the naptha that was left in the pot and its been sitting in the freezer for 12 hours now.

Global
#6 Posted : 1/7/2011 4:22:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Evaporating naptha is actually a method that people use alternatively to freeze precipitation to recover their DMT. Since the evaporated naptha won't carry DMT with it, it leaves it behind on the sides of whatever container you had it in. I would let the naptha in the freezer just sit there overnight. Check it in the morning.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

kareemabduljamar
#7 Posted : 1/8/2011 2:14:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
Evaporating naptha is actually a method that people use alternatively to freeze precipitation to recover their DMT. Since the evaporated naptha won't carry DMT with it, it leaves it behind on the sides of whatever container you had it in. I would let the naptha in the freezer just sit there overnight. Check it in the morning.

I will post a picture soon.
I have used evaped the naptha many times. What was confusing me, is that the crystals are on parts of the pot that naptha hadn't seemed to touch or hardly touched. It didnt make sense to me that naptha vapor would carry dmt crystals to parts of the pot that didnt seemed to be exposed.

possibly, naptha alone had splashed on this part of the pot, and not plant material. I havent been keeping a close eye on this extract because i did it so haphazardly. I have done several extractions since that I was more accurate with.

kareemabduljamar
#8 Posted : 1/8/2011 8:47:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@endless I did the sodium carbonate wash and rextal. Came out with 60 mg of pure white crystals. I did just a small batch of the scrapings to test it. Pretty nice to have the crystals just pop out of something i might have just thrown away!

endlessness
#9 Posted : 1/8/2011 9:43:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, congrats! What about the solvent that was in the mix, did you freeze that yet?

kareemabduljamar
#10 Posted : 1/8/2011 10:23:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Awesome, congrats! What about the solvent that was in the mix, did you freeze that yet?

It's sitting in the freezer. Snow globes are starting, but i think I may have to do a sodium bicarbonate wash on those as well. Just tried out the last ones and I am impressed. I used a mix of caapi and a pinch of salvia to make the changa. Very pleasent come up from one hit. Then I started thinking about work and aborted before going for a break through.

Would the sodium bicarbonate ever be needed more than once? Would it help or just lose yield?

endlessness
#11 Posted : 1/8/2011 11:49:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The wash should be done with the dmt dissolved in the solvent, because if you just wash the crystals its not very effective. Also check the FAQ for washing instructions.

I think one wash is enough, I dont really see the need to do more than once. In any case you shouldnt lose any yield with a wash.. With recrystallization, some yield will be lost, but theoretically with wash you shouldnt really lose anything appart from the very small amount of polar impurities (such as lye/basified mimosa traces) that you anyways dont want.

Good luck!