We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hearing tone after breakthrough Options

melange
#1 Posted : 1/3/2011 5:06:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After my third breakthrough (sometime in December 2010), I began to hear a persistent tone. It's very high pitched, similar to how you can sense an old CRT or tube TV being on even when the screen is blank. It's not auditory in nature, like how your ears ring after being exposed to high dBs (quite familiar with that phenomenon from clubs/concerts).

It is not annoying, I definitely "hear" it when it is very silent around me, but can even hear it when I want to if having a conversation. It's just "there."

So I have come to the conclusion that I either broke my brain or woke my brain...

Which is it?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Hypnos
#2 Posted : 1/3/2011 6:34:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Then my brain is broken too Smile Im now hearing this tone 24h/24.

Being a new ager though I think it may have to do with our consciousness level increasing, information being downloaded into our consciousness.

Time will tell.
I AM.

Global
#3 Posted : 1/3/2011 9:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I don't get that with sound, but I bring visuals everywhere I go with me, and I can relate to everything you said on the visual level
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

DiMiTriX
#4 Posted : 1/3/2011 10:35:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

iu wouldn't be so optimistic hypnos..i really don't know if it could be carebral damage or other things it could be tinnitus too..maybe *could be* that spice damage the acoustic nerve,i don't think anyway but..
Tz'is aná

Global
#5 Posted : 1/3/2011 11:12:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

or it could be attracting attention to the tinnitus
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

CosmicFool
#6 Posted : 1/4/2011 8:00:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah man, basic tinnitus. I've been suffering from it for over a decade. Sometimes you can hear it more clearly, sometimes not. But in silence it is always there with me, dang annoying high pitched beep that never ends Smile
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

CosmicFool is a fictional character, a creation of imagination, and everything written above should not be taken seriously, or perhaps read at all.

aetherbound
#7 Posted : 1/4/2011 9:06:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Same for me, basic tinnitus. I developed mine after a severe beating I took at a party years ago. Sometimes its worse than others and the carrier wave seems to aggrevate it. For the most part it doesnt bother me as I always sleep with a fan on (white noise).

Aetherbound
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

DoingKermit
#8 Posted : 1/5/2011 12:23:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately I too suffer from tinnitus. I got it after standing next to a speaker at a psytrance squat party about 8 months ago. I think playing the drums when i was younger didn't help. I got used to it after a while.

hayguyman
#9 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:38:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I suffer from owl hoots and dove coos when I yawn.

TrustLoveMan
#10 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:41:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you talking about ringing ears? Everyone has that. If you've ever been in complete silence or your falling asleep, and you focus on that high pitch. It can get louder, but so can the carrier wave.
I hear techno style, rising pitches a lot in hyperspace. I believe that is my subconscious though, I heard dubstep in space, after listening to it for the first time.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

DiMiTriX
#11 Posted : 1/6/2011 8:31:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim is wondering if thids tinnitus is due to dmt or due to the fact you listen music at high volumes to festivals or parties..Rolling eyes Laughing
Tz'is aná

melange
#12 Posted : 1/7/2011 2:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DiMiTriX wrote:
swim is wondering if thids tinnitus is due to dmt or due to the fact you listen music at high volumes to festivals or parties..Rolling eyes Laughing

That's the strange thing. I'm quite familiar with ringing ears after exposure to loud music (from my youth, that is). The tone I "hear" is much much higher on the audio spectrum. The "ringing" ear tone from loud music is much lower and very annoying.

GratefulDad
#13 Posted : 1/7/2011 2:26:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On iboga, ketamine, and LSD I get that hum. It isn't noticeable to me all the time, but I do feel it when under the influence of the drugs I mentioned. From what I have been reading, too, it seems that at least lower doses of iboga bark feel much like a heavy caapi brew would.