We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
struggling need help Options

talking monkey
#1 Posted : 1/6/2011 4:56:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My current location leaves me with no like minded peeps to trust with being a watcher. So i have had to gradually increase dosage and last night i sandwiched 50mg with herbs and went bye bye big time. Strongest dosage yet i was ready to breakthrough carrier waves (multiple) loss of body connection. I was encapsulated and a being was flying through space dragging me along around columns that were part of a machine that was huge i could not see whole thing. This was all very nice and ok i understood I was going to meet someone of reverence and i had no concerns only anticipation. I room was dark eyes closed but my "vision" or consciousness kept getting enveloped it was cool.

THE PROBLEM
I could not let go because i kept feeling like i stopped breathing. My consciousness kept saying breathe i had to sit up peaking breath, cough, and sip water. Is it possible to stop breathing during peak???? I am so effin close.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kareemabduljamar
#2 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:18:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

try video taping yourself on lower doses and building back up. it helped me build up the confidence to keep dosing.
kareemabduljamar is a fictional character I am developing. Any use of I is the first person view of this fictional character.

kareemabduljamar
#3 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:19:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

also, there are always like minded people around, you just have to know where to look =)
kareemabduljamar is a fictional character I am developing. Any use of I is the first person view of this fictional character.

TrustLoveMan
#4 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:35:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Listen, start at a very low dose. For me that is 30mg for you it may me 10mg. Sandwhich that and try to get it all in one lungful.
If you are calm instead of anxious it will take you much further. I get much better results with 40mg then 60mg. This is because at 40mg I know that I can handle it completely. Relaxation is key.Cool
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

kareemabduljamar
#5 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:52:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TrustLoveMan wrote:
Listen, start at a very low dose. For me that is 30mg for you it may me 10mg. Sandwhich that and try to get it all in one lungful.
If you are calm instead of anxious it will take you much further. I get much better results with 40mg then 60mg. This is because at 40mg I know that I can handle it completely. Relaxation is key.Cool

Much agreed! I find just knowing that I have put a larger dose in vg causes anxiety before I even dose.

Also I find if I start a mantra or a chant before I start and keep saying it in my head it helps to calm me.

Global
#6 Posted : 1/6/2011 5:58:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

If it feels like you can't breathe, believe it or not, this can be normal for some people. It happened to me my first time, but as I relaxed and knew everything would fine, it passed and I was able to breathe again. It is merely a perception most often that you can't breathe, but you are really breathing fine. If you have that sensation, I would recommend just trying to accept the situation and believe you're safe. Your body has safeguards against your breathing stopping in situations like these.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

TrustLoveMan
#7 Posted : 1/6/2011 6:32:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually say a little prayer before trips. But my most recent, insightful, experience, I only packed 30mg. And I was about to pray when I realized I wasn't anxious. I knew that even if I was 10mg off(highly unlikely), and I took it to the face, I would be able to completely handle it. You have to feel that safety in order to let yourself slip farther into the connection.
Also, for me, I have seen demonic looking figures, skulls, angry faces and other scary or negative images and they never really stuck around or affected me because I just accepted that they were there and moved on.
My only bad trip was sudden and intense. I wouldn't have minded but I was caught off guard and in a bad mindset. Even though I didn't see anything scary, it was the fear of the unknown that turned the trip sour.

I'm sorry that you don't have someone with you to guide you. You are like me, I had to learn everything for myself. It's a little scary trying something like this without a pro. It is a great benefit to have the guidance and presence of an experienced psychonaut.
If you ever take someone with you though, they will feel much safer and relaxed with you as their personal expert.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain

talking monkey
#8 Posted : 1/6/2011 6:41:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for your responses its nice to be a part of an understanding community. This was the biggest dose yet for me. I am a DMT newbie and yes when i put 50mg into pipe i was ready to breakthrough. I got real nervous and went. This initial fear response could have been it. I realize the set and setting are important. I have just heard the stories here talking about focusing on breathing. I guess i got scared but amazing experience the visuals i had were amazing. I so dont want to wait but I will give it a few days rinse and repeat with lower dosage. What an amzing little thing unlike any other i have tried from mescaline, LSD, and shrooms, DMT is truly in a class by itself

Felnik
#9 Posted : 1/6/2011 4:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Starting with low doses really works . Don't be in any
Kind of rush leave plenty of time to work with. I like to have
Like five hours at my disposal when possible.

I always work on breathing at all doses to stay in practice.
Deep breathing can really help to get through the tough parts.
Also talking outloud to yourself in combination with deep
Breathing can really help. Tell yourself your ok like a coach would .

I've done most of my work solo and it can be hard sometimes but very
Possible if your careful about set and setting And dose of course.
There is a certain kind of inner strength you have to muster
like a rock to go up against this thing sometimes . You must hold your
ground and witness it . don't let it scare you . I must say that there is an element
of this that will try and intimidate you. you can move past this point by interacting with it .
talk to it try to pretend your not afraid see what happens .

its like some kind of gauntlet you have to pass like a troll at a bridge or something .
I ve said it before I got tired of this weird colored clambered thing pinning me down
with intense scrutiny each time . I finally got the nerve to say " stop it., no I know
what you are and what your doing.
this took a long time to be able to do this .

set setting dose breathing be a rock
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208