We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is there away to clean dmt-oxide Options

demiourgos
#1 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Is there away to clean dmt-oxide just have evap down all my left over naptha from every extract (must of been at least 1.5-2l) i have done and cause of the amount of naptha there i used heat to help speed up the evap, stopping half way every time to freeze and get what spice i can of it and then reheating until i ended up with a goo which i can only think is oxide just would like to make sure i have not got any other nasties in there. Would try getting it back to dmt but as i will be making changa with this i don't know if its worth going through changing it back to dmt instead of oxide.

thanks again all and hope that you can point me in the right area even if i am going about this the wrong way. Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dumbstruck
#2 Posted : 1/6/2011 6:55:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A recrystallization should be just what you need. I imagine most of what is left is not DMT n-oxide but rather plant oils or the other unidentified alkaloid yellow oils. I don't think the oxide is usually present in very large amounts without specifically trying to make it by exposure to air after extraction. This is a nice enough guide.

I guess if your bark is very old though it may have turned a significant amount into DMT N-Oxide. According to the DMT Nexus Wiki entry DMT N-Oxide isn't even soluble in naphtha, so it shouldn't even have been extracted in your pulls. But failing that this is a post detailing how to convert the N-Oxide into freebase DMT using zinc dust. Might be a little complex and you have to make sure to filter it all out very well.

But if you are applying to leaves, then the N-Oxide isn't even particularly undesirable. The effects are similar, a little bit longer in duration and slower in come up. Many people even prefer the oxidized version to regular DMT freebase. So if I were you if I would do a recrystallization to get out all the oils and then evaporate it on some leaves. The N-Oxide should be cleaned out with a recrystallization I would think as well considering that it is supposed to be insoluble in naphtha and heptane. I can't find any reference to the N-Oxide forming a salt so I don't believe it's solubility changes with the addition of acids or bases.