We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
getting to know iboga. Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 11/25/2010 5:10:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I'm a bit intimidated by iboga. It may have to do with the myths that surround it, but i'm just a bit reluctant to go into the deep immediately with more than 10 grams of rootbark.

I'm gradually discovering it. Bit by bit.

Today i took 5 grams of rootbark. I was planning to do more, but while i was eating it by teaspoon..pausing 2 to 3 minutes to get the taste out of my mouth with realy strong tea..another one, etc, I became slowly more and more intoxicated by it and after i had finished a bag of 5 grams i decided i needed to lie down for a while and i remained so for the rest of the day...

5 grams of iboga doesn't get you very nauseated and although your movements start becoming a bit like those of a drunken fool, you could probably walk if you would want to.

The first effects where clearly that of a dissociative drug. I became calm, deeply relaxed and i felt warm and comfortable. It almost felt like i was falling asleep in a sense.
And like when you fall asleep there is a moment that you just fall into that sleep without counsciously noticing it, there was something like that going on here as well: suddenly there where tryptamine-like visions for a few seconds and then slowly everything was getting back to normal.

I think 5 grams must be around the dose where it realy starts becoming a visionary psychedelic because i was sort of hovering around that point.

Iboga visions seem to have the quality that, although they are a tiny bit like those of other psychedelic's, once they're there they seem to completely suck you into them. I was constantly in and out of them. For one moment i was lying on my bed and then a few seconds later i seemed to be inside of an iboga-movie.

I was looking at a lamp in my bedroom and suddenly it seemed to have reptile-like scales that where emitting light, going in a circular motion. The lamp seemed a bit like a snake in that sense...and then it faded back to normal.

As a psychedelic, iboga visions seem to be a bit in between those of mescaline and LSD, but the big difference is that they have that dream-like quality: like when falling asleep, you seem to be 'falling' in to them and once they're there you're right in the middle of them and they're powerfull immediately.

It's like...i've just seen a glimpse of them, but even at a glimpse you cannot be otherwise than impressed.

5 grams of iboga is suitable for recreational purposes, i think. In strength it is comparable to eating a gram of hash or a medium-strength LSD blotter.
For some it could maybe be too much, but for others it may be just too weak.

I think that combined with shrooms, LSD or cannabis, 5 grams could give realy, very intense but still puke-free experiences, although previous experiences with it, combined with shrooms showed that it drastically diminishes the effects of shrooms and i heard that it also potentiates the effects of some substances (specifically cannabis) immensely.

I started dosing around dawn, and i'm now gradually coming down from it. The visionary psychedelic state lasted quite short. I don't think more than two hours. The dissociative effects are still felt. These effects are a bit like those of DXM or nitrogen-oxide...a sort of stonedness or drunkennes. Sedation.

This is the first time that i took iboga without any additives like caapi or shrooms and i have had a bit more than just glimpse of what it could do.
But even at this dose, wich is low, it is clear to me that going even a bit further could give an extremely intense experience.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 11/25/2010 5:19:49 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Nice post polytrip!

Do you know the quality of the Iboga? Was it chips from the bark or a powder, or?
And I wonder how your sleep will be tonight. Pleased

Kind regards,

The Traveler

polytrip
#3 Posted : 11/25/2010 5:24:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It was dark green powder, with a bit of a greyish touch. I got it from reset.nu

The sleep..should i take melatonin, or would that be immensely potentiated and keep me in a coma fro 5 days?

jamie
#4 Posted : 11/25/2010 5:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I wouldnt take melatonin with it until you are more familiar with iboga alone and what it can do to your sleep as is..but thats just me. Cool report.
Long live the unwoke.

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 11/25/2010 11:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report man, thanks for sharing. I'm quite surprised you got such results from such a low dose.

I think you will be absolutely fine taking melatonin if you have trouble sleeping. Treatment providers have used dimenhydrinate and Valerian root extract in combination with flood doses of Ibogaine to no ill effect.

At higher doses, the Iboga will produce full on, very clear waking dream visions, very distinct from the other classic psychedelics, which for me produce visuals and fractal patterning and the like, so Iboga is an onieirogen in this respect. I like the way you describe the visions, like falling into dreams and them sucking you into them, I have noticed this to. Very interesting you got open eye visuals at that dose. Even during my initiation, open eye visuals weren't particularly interesting, and I had a desire to keep me eyes closed...definitely an internal experience. But yes as you describe, Iboga seems to combine facets of a dissociative and a tryptamine psychedelic...it's definitely unique material.

I think your previous experience combining mushrooms with Iboga diminishing the effect of the mushrooms may be purely subjective. I had a few liberty caps with just 500mg of root bark, and the intoxication was GREATLY enhanced, despite the low doses of both used. Lots of visual flaring that I get on Iboga, and caapi actually, and a pleasant dreamy and slightly drunken, sedated, intoxicated feeling. Iboga for me definitely deepens the effect of cannabis, yet at the same time I seem to be quite lucid as well. I like this effect.

I would be interested to hear how you're feeling tomorrow, and whether you get any afterglow following the 5g dose.

polytrip
#6 Posted : 11/26/2010 1:51:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:

At higher doses, the Iboga will produce full on, very clear waking dream visions, very distinct from the other classic psychedelics, which for me produce visuals and fractal patterning and the like, so Iboga is an onieirogen in this respect.

The visions i had all started with a bit classic psychedelic fractallike shapes, but then they transformed into very vivid real images like you describe. It's as if i continuously kept getting glimpses of those visions, but their vividness just captured me.

It was as if these visions had been there all the time: for a moment i was looking at the ceiling, seeing caleidoscopic vibrating things and then they turned into visions of a party going on and for just two or three seconds...it was as if i was there at that party and if i had been there for a long time and it just happened to be that my awareness dropped by to say hello or something.

I don't know if i'm realy sensitive for ibogaine or whether my experiences with other psychedelic's have made me more open to them. I think my brain by now is trained in a way, in recognising the effects of various substances and going with the flow of them.
There have been numerous threads here from people, about how DMT experiences have made them more sensitive for other psychedelic's and permanently changed their mushroom or LSD experiences.

This substance is a jewel among the psychedelic's. Initially it may look like a dirty piece of rock, but when you work at it you can see it shining like nothing else, i think.
I need to examine this stuff some more.
I have now gone as far as i think is wise, without having someone around to help me through it when needed.

I hope to be able to find a next time to do it soon and try a higher dose. Or maybe try it with cannabis.
This is a difficult substance and in many ways it's the complete opposite of DMT (duration and such) , but i can definately see myself doing it regularly like two to four times a year or so.

Aegle
#7 Posted : 11/26/2010 8:13:15 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Polytrip

Lovely report, i have been interested in Iboga for quite some time now, but i have been feeling hesitant to embark on a journey with Iboga due to my hyper sensitivity that i have with entheogens. Are you particularly sensitive?

I think starting with small doses with iboga and slowly working your way up in dosage is a really good way to go as it gives you a chance to build a foundation with the entheogen and gauge the effects of the experience accurately... What i have heard and read of Iboga is that it is an intensely powerful entheogen, would you say so?

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

polytrip
#8 Posted : 11/26/2010 1:40:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aegle wrote:
Polytrip

Lovely report, i have been interested in Iboga for quite some time now, but i have been feeling hesitant to embark on a journey with Iboga due to my hyper sensitivity that i have with entheogens. Are you particularly sensitive?

I think starting with small doses with iboga and slowly working your way up in dosage is a really good way to go as it gives you a chance to build a foundation with the entheogen and gauge the effects of the experience accurately... What i have heard and read of Iboga is that it is an intensely powerful entheogen, would you say so?

Much Peace and Happiness

If you're sensitive for entheogens, then starting with low doses like i'm doing seems to be the right thing. I don't know if i'm particularly sensitive to entheogens. I think my experience with psychedelic's has primed my mind to them in a sense. I feel that i'm more able to go very deep with any specific entheogen than i would have been able to, a few years ago. On the other hand i can handle doses now that would have made me panic a few years ago as well.

Because of many experiences with psychedelic's i probably better know what to expect and 'what to look for', making me susceptible for the psychedelic experience.

I think that in doses above 5 grams, it very quickly builds up to full immersion into very real and detailed scenery's. I was constantly having glimpses of things that where looking very real. It started with fractallike structures like you see on the classic psychedelic's, but they quickly morphed into totally real images for a few seconds, completely with sounds and everything...like a movie, or a dream. And then it faded back to normal again. It where just glimpses of these real scenes with me in it.

A dose of 5 grams is not thát powerfull. It compares in strength to an average blotter of acid or some good hashbrownies, but the nature of the experience is definately very vivid and very, very captivating. Because of that nature i can imagine that it get's very extreme at higher doses and also that when you combine such a dose of five grams with cannabis, lSD or shrooms, you'll get very powerfull experiences as well.

Aegle
#9 Posted : 11/27/2010 5:56:39 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

polytrip wrote:
Aegle wrote:
Polytrip

Much Peace and Happiness

If you're sensitive for entheogens, then starting with low doses like i'm doing seems to be the right thing. I don't know if i'm particularly sensitive to entheogens. I think my experience with psychedelic's has primed my mind to them in a sense. I feel that i'm more able to go very deep with any specific entheogen than i would have been able to, a few years ago. On the other hand i can handle doses now that would have made me panic a few years ago as well.

Because of many experiences with psychedelic's i probably better know what to expect and 'what to look for', making me susceptible for the psychedelic experience.

I think that in doses above 5 grams, it very quickly builds up to full immersion into very real and detailed scenery's. I was constantly having glimpses of things that where looking very real. It started with fractallike structures like you see on the classic psychedelic's, but they quickly morphed into totally real images for a few seconds, completely with sounds and everything...like a movie, or a dream. And then it faded back to normal again. It where just glimpses of these real scenes with me in it.

A dose of 5 grams is not thát powerfull. It compares in strength to an average blotter of acid or some good hashbrownies, but the nature of the experience is definately very vivid and very, very captivating. Because of that nature i can imagine that it get's very extreme at higher doses and also that when you combine such a dose of five grams with cannabis, lSD or shrooms, you'll get very powerfull experiences as well.

Polytrip

Thank you for inspiring me to start with low doses of Iboga, i think due to my great sensitivity to entheogens its definitely the way to go. I'm really interested in Iboga particularly because most people that i have spoken to who have journeyed with Iboga have said the experience is life changing but extremely difficult. I am hoping to gain as much awareness as possible through my entheogen experiences and i think Iboga and Ayahuasca both will help me greatly to do so. I wish you safe and peaceful journeys my friend...

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

GratefulDad
#10 Posted : 1/6/2011 3:32:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I regularly eat doses around 4 grams, and it's like eating an LSD blotter in many ways. Not enough for a full immersion, especially for me, but it's a nice buzz. Get trails or tracers, but it's fairly easy to keep a pretty clear head. Iboga doesn't really cause an ego loss type trip. It's actually rather gentle on the psyche, but can be pretty physically taxing in heavy doses. In high doses of say 10+ grams of bark, or even higher for less sensitive people, balance can be a major issue. Nausea can come on easily from quick movements, too. Starting small and getting comfortable with the effects is not a bad idea with iboga. Sometimes facing oneself can be difficult or unpleasant, but for those who are rather comfortable with who they are, iboga doesn't necessarily have to be a particularly difficult experience. It happens to be very healing, IMO. Probably one of the most healing entheogens I have ever experienced.

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 1/6/2011 4:06:28 AM

The Great Namah

iboga and melatonin are wonderful for me....no issues at all, great sleep. I cannot go to sleep on 3g iboga, much less 5..wow.

iboga and mushrooms and probably lsd just won't work. Ibogaine, or possibly the noribogaine blocks tryptamines and probabaly phens as well for a while after consumption. DMT was blocked for over 2 weeks after my last dose (2-6g/daily for 2 weeks)

MJ and iboga potentiate each other to a crazy level...things get weird on the two for me.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

GratefulDad
#12 Posted : 1/6/2011 4:32:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can sleep pretty fine on doses of 4 grams, as long as I take them in the morning. I prefer to take my dose in the morning, and then eat breakfast. For me, I actually feel less high when I take iboga, plus it tastes kind of funny. However, I do feel that the weed makes me feel more comfortable on the iboga. I think they mix very well, but I think I actually feel higher when I smoke without the iboga.