We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Where to begin... Options

JohnDesire
#1 Posted : 1/5/2011 6:42:56 AM

Jarred

Greetings fellow Nexians! I'm a long-time lurker of the Nexus and finally decided it was the correct time to make an introduction for myself, so here goes nothing!

My name is Jarred and I'm 20 years old. I've been pretty involved with psychedelic substances for the past few years and they have a really interesting place in my heart. I was sent over here about a year or so ago by a few different friends when I was heavily involved with using psychedelic drugs. I've so far learned a lot of excellent information about psychedelics from all of the members here, and I thank you all for that.

As far as my actual experience goes, I've done my fair share. I've had a number of encounters with LSD, Cacti, DMT, Salvia, 2C-I, & MDMA. Over the years I have basically drifted away from using drugs and I am now looking more towards school and my future, but I still have quite an interest in the chemistry aspect.

So yeah, I guess thanks to anyone who actually read this and I look forward to potentially becoming an active user in the near future.

Peace.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gammagore
#2 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:33:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there, welcome to the NexusSmile

Good thing you have moved away from drugs and are looking to secure some study's for the future.

All the best!

Enoon
#3 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:33:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi and welcome,

I find it interesting that you state you are steering away from using *drugs* but at the same time feel it's time to become a member of the nexus. This is not criticism, I actually like the idea. What do you gain from psychedelics, what motivates you to do them or not to do them, and what motivates you to be here?

This is a great community and there is lots to learn and give back within it. The dynamics can be quite fascinating in themselves. May you synergize well with it Very happy

cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

JohnDesire
#4 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:48:01 AM

Jarred

Thanks for the kind greetings.

As to answer your questions, I think that psychedelics have basically helped to show me what I truly want to do with my life. Before any of my experiences I was confused and I didn't quite know what I was passionate about. I couldn't imagine where I would be today without having gone through what I have.

Originally what motivated me to do psychedelics is still somewhat of a mystery to me, honestly. I guess I was just curious and during the time I was into exploring new things. After a while, however, I really only used psychedelics as tools for me to answer deep personal questions and such. I have a heavy belief in using psychedelics very responsibly and for mainly therapeutic purposes now, and it definitely hasn't always been like that.

Like most others, I went through my phases of being irresponsible with substances, but luckily I had psychedelics to show me the way when it all came down to it.

I guess what really motivates me to be here is just my overall fascination with psychedelics, that I think will always be with me for the rest of my life. I enjoy knowing every little thing about these substances, and I'd really enjoy being able to take part in active discussions about them.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 1/5/2011 10:11:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Will be glad to read more from you Smile

While you say you are not very active in taking psychedelics, do you have any plans on extracting dmt, or previous experience in it?

See ya!

JohnDesire
#6 Posted : 1/5/2011 5:52:31 PM

Jarred

Thanks!

I've extracted DMT about 4 or 5 times now for close friends using Q21's Vinegar + Lime Tek and I've had pretty good success with that. I've gotten pretty nice yields every time and my product has generally been pretty good. I plan on in the future trying 69ron's Mescaline Acetate Tek and possibly one of the Bufotenine Teks, but only time and money will tell, haha.

Swarupa
#7 Posted : 1/5/2011 9:27:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus

To be honest im kinda concerned that your not interested in taking drugs, which is all good, yet your interested in extracting quite a few different drugs?

I could see how i could give up DMT use yet still enjoy extracting, or how i could give up cannabis but still enjoy gardening with the cannabis plant, so maybe im being very hypocritical & probably paranoid that your selling your extractions (which is not viewed as good round here)

Please do stick around & ask your friends to report back on their experiences please Smile

Peace

JohnDesire
#8 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:31:15 PM

Jarred

Yeah, I don't blame you for the suspicion, but I honestly don't have any interest in trying to make money selling drugs. I don't view money as something of massive importance and I actually kind of despise it, haha. I just did a new batch and I just made a machine, so a group of my friends are going to try some tonight. I'll post a report or two afterwards.

Peace!

Swarupa
#9 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:50:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sweet Smile

Pandora
#10 Posted : 1/5/2011 11:53:56 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Welcome to the Nexus. Sounds like you are on a good path. Sorry if people did not attend to what you wrote. Careful what you post on the Nexus - people can be quick to make that kind of accusation around here. It is a hot point because people feel that it potentially endangers access to something that is perceived as a powerful sacrament and spiritual tool.

It was very clear to me what you said. If I understood correctly, you got a lot of guidance out of your past psychedelic experiences, will always be interested in the experience and the chemistry and though you are not actively or heavily using, that door has not necessarily completely closed in your life. Meanwhile, you are more actively pursuing educational interests, including a strong interest in chemistry. You have lurked here for awhile and are intrigued by some of the teks you have seen but have not yet tried, such as bufotenine and the food-safe mescaline tek.

Again, Welcome! I think you will really like the Advanced Chemistry section.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Swarupa
#11 Posted : 1/6/2011 12:18:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I didn't mean to wildly accuse JohnDesire of anything.

Maybe i'm just projecting my own mind on the situation as i don't (possibly yet) feel right giving anyone apart from myself the DMT i extract.

JohnDesire
#12 Posted : 1/6/2011 1:08:36 AM

Jarred

I don't know, I mean I guess that's understandable if you feel that way, but my friends are all pretty mature people and use psychedelics responsibly as well, so I really don't mind sharing it with them. I really think DMT is something that can benefit a lot of people, so I really enjoy turning people on the substance, but only responsibly. Once again, I understand your suspicions and I am not offended at all by it.

Also, Pandora, you basically hit the nail right on the head!

Swarupa
#13 Posted : 1/6/2011 1:11:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If someone approached me & really wanted to do it in a spiritual setting i would definitely think about it... to be honest id love it, i haven't closed my mind on the matter i just think its something to be treated so sacredly, as if we don't yet know how to treat it as it should be treated, and if we even can do that

JohnDesire
#14 Posted : 1/6/2011 1:14:26 AM

Jarred

Yeah, honestly it's more like that sort of thing whenever it happens. I don't go out like trying to give it to people, but I have a close group of friends that I share it with.

Swarupa
#15 Posted : 1/6/2011 1:24:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool i don't wanna seem like im judging you either way, even people that go around giving it to anyone that will take it still have their place in the scheme of things...

Your lucky to have a group of friends who are interested in it