We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hypothetical question about legality... Options

kinkersnick
#1 Posted : 1/2/2011 1:39:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Let us suppose that a creature in the UK were to order a variety of chemicals, let us say xylene, Hcl, and acetone from one of the mainstream suppliers easily found through a Google search - would said selection of chemicals ordered by a domestic private individual warrant an arousal of suspicion and consequent notification of the authorities?
Does anyone have any experience in these matters?
(for a short story one is writing)

Thanks,

K

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Noman
#2 Posted : 1/2/2011 1:55:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't do it, though it's perfectly legal.
Buy items individually, in person, with cash, and be prepared with an explanation.
Thinning concrete sealer, stripping rust from metal, and removing epoxy for instance.

Kartikay
#3 Posted : 1/2/2011 3:50:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My personal experience tells me that nothing will come of it inside the US, but i still caution against it.

I've ordered an entire chemistry set and relevant chemicals through the internet, at the same time, and i haven't had any suspicious cars packed in front of my house.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

kinkersnick
#4 Posted : 1/2/2011 10:36:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the advice, duly noted.

K

geeg30
#5 Posted : 1/2/2011 11:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I buy all my chemicals online and I live in the UK with no probs whatsoever.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Laban Shrewsbury III
#6 Posted : 1/4/2011 7:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Honestly, I don't think anyone in a position of authority a) knows what any of such chemicals could be used for b) gives half a shit about microscopic-scale peaceful, private production & consumption anyway. They're just not that on the ball.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.