We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
mimosa hostilis tea Options

azar
#1 Posted : 1/3/2011 1:34:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

so aparently mimosa hostilis is orally active without a maio. This sounds great to me because cappi vine seems hard to come by in my country as well as simplifying the whole aya tea thing.
What are peoples thoughts and experiences with using mimosa without a maio like caapi or rue? Good? bad? Tips?
Thanks guys

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dream_denizen
#2 Posted : 1/3/2011 2:52:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
is indeed active neat, with no cooking nor additives, simply by hand-squeezing briefly the pounded root-bark in water--25 g twice infused for less than an hour and minimally squeezed in 125 ml cold, neutral water each time was quite distinctly visionary and pharmahuasca-DMT-like, albeit with a slightly accelerated pharmacodynamic all-'round, which militates in favor of the directly-orally-active DMT-adduct-theory, as opposed to some endo-MAOI from same (OTT 1999).

Source:http://www.erowid.org/plants/mimosa/mimosa_info2.shtml

Yes, apparently it is active and and fairly low doses. I think I will give this a shot tonight.

mrwiggle
#3 Posted : 1/3/2011 2:57:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive herd of this many times...but never had personal success, then again ive never tried particularly...i just figure if it works without it(maoi) then it works better with it and if it doesnt work without it then it certainly works better with it...can you not get rue either?....if it is exceedingly difficult to obtain maois i would sugest extracting you plant matter into freebase dmt and smoking it...there are also pharmecutical grade maoi's that ive herd of working for that purpose,they might be easier for you to get? though i have no experience with those(synthetic maoi's) so cannot advise you much on that either other than i think one of the references i found was on erowid and maybe you can get the info you want if you research there

good luck in your galactadelic vestiges of the tetragrammatonian endeavors
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

Global
#4 Posted : 1/3/2011 3:19:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I remember reading an article by a researcher somewhere that people tend to misconstrue the concept of MHRB being orally active without an MAOI. Unless someone here has had personal success, I would doubt it's MAOI-less activity. Personally, even most of the second-hand stories I've heard usually end in failure. It can sound promising, but I would work on getting the MAOI if at all possible.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

BecometheOther
#5 Posted : 1/3/2011 4:49:58 AM

metamorhpasizer

mimosa is active orally alone it is just very different then the mimosa/rue combo, and requires doses up to 50 grams for a euphoric experience more akin to yopo or other snuffs than ayahuasca...
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

azar
#6 Posted : 1/3/2011 7:49:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

rue is a lil easier to get, but i was just thinking, if it's simpler to use by only having one ingredient, that would be great but i'm sure it is over simplifying the whole method.
i've heard that mhrb is active at about 30g but then again, that was from the internet tho, one of those reliable sources ya? lol if i have source some cappi then i'll find a way.

tsb
#7 Posted : 1/3/2011 1:39:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps Acacia Confusa would be a better option. Reportedly is is orally active and extremely strong in doses of 15g without (5Tbs) without MAOI. SWIM will try this weekend and report back. I've heard the online suppliers aren't selling root bark though, so much higher doses of tree bark will probably be required. SWIM has root bark from an herbal shop.

Global
#8 Posted : 1/3/2011 3:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Harmalosa wrote:
mimosa is active orally alone it is just very different then the mimosa/rue combo, and requires doses up to 50 grams for a euphoric experience more akin to yopo or other snuffs than ayahuasca...

you've experienced this oral activity first hand by consuming the 50g yourself?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb