We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Seizures (Being Seized) within dreams Options

Global
#1 Posted : 12/27/2010 11:10:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Ok, first of all, I'd like to say I haven't touched DMT in exactly a week now. Earlier today, I took a nap and had my first recollection of what I would call a "dream within a dream". I was dreaming and all of a sudden I was woken up my brother. I was quite enjoying the dream I was having so I was frustrated by the fact that he woke me up by "fiddling" around my room. I yelled at him to leave, my face still in the pillow as I returned to dreaming. As I went back into the dream I was seeing a variety of colors, more like a trip than a dream and I had this very real feeling of being seized by some force. I didn't take it too seriously. When I woke up again later, it occurred to me that it might have been the first time I was really waking from this nap. When I asked my brother if he was in my room earlier he had no idea what I was talking about. When I was telling one of my friend's this story earlier, he insisted that my brother was probably screwing with me. I doubted it, but accepted that it could have been true...until now.

I ate some ice cream a few hours before going to sleep. It did not sit very well in my stomach. I was hoping to be able to simply fall asleep and wake up in the morning without the nausea I was experiencing, but when I laid down I quickly realized that was not in the cards. I got up, went to the bathroom, my stomach already convulsing on the way there, and puked up this thin pink liquid. Haven't puked from food in ages (can't say the same for pharma and aya related incidents Rolling eyes ). I'm not sure if this whole vomiting thing had anything to do with what I'm about to describe, but I figured I'd throw it in there.

I had a dream I was in my old college apartment. College students (didn't recognize any of them but they treated me like I was at the very least acquainted with them) filed into my house over the course of a period of time. They were there to see one of my room mates. For whatever reason, these "guests" started to take up places to sleep throughout the apartment. I wasn't exactly sure why, but didn't really care...at first. Because I assumed it to be late with everyone going to sleep (or trying to go to sleep) around me, I decided to go lay down in my room and what ensued was not fun. I felt some force seize me, effectively paralyzing me. I felt one of our guests (this was unseen as my face was in the pillow) attempting to stick his finger in my ass. I was very uncool with this. I began to try and bite his leg, but with little success. I managed (or thought I managed) to wake myself from this dream where I was again lying in bed in my room. I tried to get up, but I was once again thrown into a seizure of sorts. It was quite scary and quite unpleasant. I managed to get up and wander over to my computer to try and listen to some music I had just downloaded, but the seizures would regularly take hold. I was becoming better and better at moving under their influence, but it was quite difficult and still quite alarming. I would be trying to listen to the music and I would be caught in the seizure and as I tried to listen for music, I would hear none. I blamed it on the seizure but it was most likely cause I was simply still dreaming and there was no music really playing to begin with. As I sat at my laptop, I tried googling my problem whilst it persisted with no luck. The dream of me in my room persisted a little bit more until I finally woke up for real. I was in my bed, covered in sweat, and glad to be back to a much safer reality. I should mention that (as far as I know) I am not epileptic and have never had a seizure of any kind. When I woke up, the first thing I did was to come to the computer to try and listen to music to calm me down, as I had in the dream, but instead opted to try and look up what the hell had just happened as I did in the dream. Google provided me with no answers, so I figured I would come here. I wanted to know if anyone else may have had a similar experience or may have some kind of insight into what happened. This is now twice in one day where I had some unseen forces paralyzing and shaking me in dreams in the context of these "dreams within dreams" that I've never had before. I've also never had sleep paralysis, but I'm not quite sure this qualifies anyway. Thoughts anyone?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

CosmicFool
#2 Posted : 12/28/2010 11:28:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does seem to sound like sleep paralysis, with vivid hallucinations and all. But as always, if problems persist go see a doctor instead of asking it in the forums Smile
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

CosmicFool is a fictional character, a creation of imagination, and everything written above should not be taken seriously, or perhaps read at all.

Global
#3 Posted : 12/28/2010 4:07:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I was researching sleep paralysis but the difference was that I seemed to clearly be dreaming and the paralysis was occurring on my "dream self". Upon waking up I was able to move my body about freely
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Electric.Sight
#4 Posted : 12/28/2010 7:03:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've only experienced sleep paralysis once, I think it happened in a similar fashion. I had a normal sleep, may or may not have been dreaming I can't recall.
At one point I woke up and my vision was focused on the wall beside my bed.
I was not able to move my physical body or eyes, but I could feel my mental body getting out of bed and walking around my room.
This started to freak me out as I still could only see my wall, but also could feel the rest of my room with my hands while my mind paced around.
I remember dropping to the ground and pounding incredibly hard screaming hoping someone would hear and come help.
After that occurred, I woke up for real in my bed and sure enough I was facing that same wall! This time I was really awake though and got out of bed normally.
I later found out that the ground pound and shouting never happened either.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Global
#5 Posted : 12/29/2010 5:22:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. This is reassuring to hear. If it really was sleep paralysis I think I'll be more prepared next time. Not saying that I'll be able to move persay, just maybe won't fear it as much. Also, there were extremely strong gusts of wind outside my window I realized when I woke up to come over to the computer to write the initial posts. The winds were equally strong during my nap. Can't help but wonder if I subconsciously heard those loud gusts that were translated as the paralysis forces. I know that external sounds have definitely affected my dream imagery such as having no idea that someone would be coming over to the house while I'd be sleeping and I'd dream about that person and wake up and there they'd be; their voices translated into my dreams.

Global
#6 Posted : 1/3/2011 3:41:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It happened again last night. Once again I thought that I had awoken from a dream only to discover that I couldn't move my mouth or lips at all. I recognized it as a familiar sensation remembering that things like this had happened before but I also recalled no way of dealing with it and didn't remember that the last time it happened I was dreaming. It's so completely bizarre to me how I can wake up from a dream, realize that I was just dreaming, be under this crazy non-real situation and not put the 2+2 together. I swear if it happens again I'm gonna try and remember it was a dream so perhaps I can have some lucidity in the situation. For some reason these bursts of paralysis only seem to occur from dreams within dreams on both levels. I mean I even remember going over to look in the mirror when I couldn't move my mouth and remember seeing myself looking back at me in the mirror with my lips frozen still. Weird.

InfiniteFacticity
#7 Posted : 1/3/2011 4:07:50 AM

just curious

Yes, I have had nearly the same experience of waking from a dream but unable to move, even my eyes. The difference is that I felt a strange, almost frightening sense of being unable to control my body, and there was a presence behind me. (I couldn't see him, but I sensed that it was a specific person I know)

I've always assumed it was sleep paralysis, it's happened a few times.

Global
#8 Posted : 1/3/2011 4:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that sounds more like a typical case of sleep paralysis. To me, it always seems to be a dream in which I think I'm awake, have the ability to walk around, talk to people and what not and then all of a sudden be floored unable to move. I'll get up move around and then get floored again or in this more recent incident not being able to move my mouth.