We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
dmt and my damn cat Options

skinwalker
#1 Posted : 1/1/2011 6:54:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i swear to the dmt overlords,that there is some bizarre connection between smoking the spice and my damn cat. The little sucker ignores me all day every day. Begs for food and thats about all we communicate. Well almost without fail whenever i partake of the spice the damn cat goes wild, meows like crazy and jumps on my lap, and lays flat throughout the entire trip. I feel i'm losing my mind, but there is absolute no doubt that a connection exists. Its like a protective call to action the moment i smoke, the cat reacts. I realize everyone will think this is just a coincidence and nothng more than animal behavior, but seriously has anyone else experienced this? On one very very deep trip i met three blue(?) entities who told me somthing about my damn cat, they even pointed at it, and I began to cry. I cant remember what was conveyed but i'm just blown away by the unequestionable reaction of the cat. It is no coincidence at all and i'm positive of that. The worse the vibe of the trip, the more protective the damn furry feline seems. Also i keep getting blurry visions of fur mixed with with some of my trips when the furry fuk sits on my as i blast off. Like most of my posts i guess i'll be alone on this unique relevation.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 1/1/2011 7:11:26 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Although there is a good understanding between me my lovely cat in normal daily life, she loves to sit on my leg when I take a DMT journey. That way she doesn't put too much pressure on me and she purrs all the time making me feel comfortable during my journey.

She also loves to smell the GVG. The smell of DMT doesn't put her off and it looks like she thinks it's interesting.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Pandora
#3 Posted : 1/1/2011 7:35:46 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I've got a cat that pretends to be asleep then when I'm in deep breakthrough space jumps on me or the bed next to me from a cat tower that is over 6' high and a distance of about 3' feet away. It has created some classical conditioning that has contributed to my difficulty with breakthroughs. Laughing Embarrased

I have been greeted more than once in hyperspace by cat entities. It's like cats keep one paw in at all times ("Constantine" movie reference).

But I do feel obligated to say: I cannot help but wonder if perhaps one time your kitty got a really heavy whiff of the spice vapor/smoke and perhaps the bad smell/flavor (their senses are SO much more attuned than ours) and the weird feelings (that cat didn't get a chance to prepare/meditate/surrender) conditioned it to literally freak out whenever you go through your spice ritual.

Has it always been like this? Or was there a time when you could consume the spice without your cat freaking out?
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

skinwalker
#4 Posted : 1/1/2011 9:25:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the cat seemed to have no interest until one very powerful breakthrough i was met by 3 blue entities, literally in the room with me. Although i cant remember much, one of them pointed to my cat and i felt like it was a gift or something special, when he pointed to the cat, the cat became animated, and walked over and sat on my lap. I began to cry because i was so amazed by this. Ever since this experience (4 months ago) the cat has acted the same way every single time i smoke up.

DiMiTriX
#5 Posted : 1/1/2011 10:30:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

all theese things are amazing..many animals have a high reactivity to the eyes then it may be that your cat has noticed your eyes and dilated pupils and he have come to protect you or he have assigned a special role to you just looking you 'bestial' king of eyes
cats
Tz'is aná

skinwalker
#6 Posted : 1/1/2011 10:38:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its weird i get like fur fractals when he sits on my lap (after smoking). and yes i felt like it was assigned a role..whatever the hell that means other than demanding food everymorning and drinking out of the toilet.

Mister_Niles
#7 Posted : 1/1/2011 11:19:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my cats always comes around at the beginning of a changa journey (Lucifer) and another at the end (Huxley). Light bringer indeed. Someone help me with the Huxley reference. There are a few possibilities I suppose. This only happens when I'm alone. when I have company, they show up afterwards only. Cat #3 just stays away all the time, unless I have chicken.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Pandora
#8 Posted : 1/2/2011 12:27:35 AM

Got Naloxone?

Mister_Niles, Laughing @ stays away unless you have chicken!

skinwalker - trippy picture!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Swarupa
#9 Posted : 1/2/2011 1:32:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Id like to mention that maybe, just maybe, people shouldn't smoke DMT in the same room as their pets, maybe their cat doesn't want to go to hyperspace... then again maybe their cat does.

I just remember a trip report on here where someone smoked DMT then just as they blasted off their cat ran out the window & they had to chase their cat through the street while they were in the throws of a trip. I couldn't help thinking the cat ran away because it doesn't want icky DMT smoke in its lungs...

Just a thought

skinwalker
#10 Posted : 1/2/2011 4:41:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just a thought but keep your pointless opinions to yourself.

no one claimed i got my damn cat high either directly or indirectly.

Mister_Niles
#11 Posted : 1/2/2011 6:24:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have indoor cats and I don't lock myself in a room when I do what I do. I like to feel comfortable and unrestrained. I do unplug and turn off all phones.
Maybe people shouldn't leave their windows open so their cats can jump out and possibly get run over by a car.
Maybe people shouldn't have pets. But that assumes that "we" have "pets". Maybe, "they" have "us".
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

MySmelf
#12 Posted : 1/2/2011 6:49:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic wrote:
Id like to mention that maybe, just maybe, people shouldn't smoke DMT in the same room as their pets, maybe their cat doesn't want to go to hyperspace... then again maybe their cat does.

I just remember a trip report on here where someone smoked DMT then just as they blasted off their cat ran out the window & they had to chase their cat through the street while they were in the throws of a trip. I couldn't help thinking the cat ran away because it doesn't want icky DMT smoke in its lungs...

Just a thought

I don't know about that. My cat doesn't seem to like weed smoke much, she avoids me whenever I'm smoking pot. She always shows up when I'm smoking DMT though and sometimes curls up in my lap.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

ragabr
#13 Posted : 1/2/2011 10:15:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ SWIM's cat tends to bang on the door, completely disrupting the atmosphere, when she's about to vape. Doesn't do this generally, unless she's wanting to go outside and SWIM was asleep.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Pandora
#14 Posted : 1/2/2011 10:26:07 PM

Got Naloxone?

skinwalker wrote:
just a thought but keep your pointless opinions to yourself.

no one claimed i got my damn cat high either directly or indirectly.

I suggested it.

Keep your pointless opinions and posts to yourself. I'm starting to get real tired of your constant hatred and hostility. When this happened to me, I took a break from DMT and gave myself a 6 month break from DMT-Nexus. Perhaps you should consider something similar. Many Nexians and perhaps your cat will be thankful.

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

cave paintings
#15 Posted : 1/2/2011 10:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CATS & ANCIENT CULTURES.

In Ancient Babylon, the cat was believed to be a host for certain holy human souls after death. The soul stayed in the cat as long as the cat lived & only in this way could the soul gain entry to Paradise.
Buddhists, Burmese & Siamese cultures had similar beliefs. In ancient Japan, certain cats were believed to hold the soul of an ancestor & were considered priceless.
Ancient Egyptians believed that the cat brought prosperity & health, long life & beautiful old age.

Sacred cats kept in a sanctuary in ancient Egypt were carefully tended by priests who watched them day and night. The priests interpreted the cat's movements - twitch of a whisker, yawn or stretch - into a prediction of an event that would happen in the future.

Gnostic belief held that the cat sat in the Garden of Eden and guarded a certain tree with it's life, perhaps the tree known by Christians as the tree of life. This tree, known as the Persea tree, is also mentioned in an Egyptian papyrus, with the Egyptian Sun-God Ra proclaiming that : 'I am the Great Cat which fought hard by the Persea tree.' The depiction in the Bible of Satan as a snake suggests that the cat may have been guarding the tree from the serpent - a role that is reflected in Egyptian mythology. The cat was said to have knowledge of both good and evil without representing either. In this way, the cat represents balance and wisdom. The cats role as protector is a repeated motif in many myths and legends.

The cat was thought of by the ancient Egyptians as a protection against snakes, which were feared because of their poison. The cat goddess Mafdet, was thought to protect the Pharoh against serpents in the royal palace. In the Egyptian Book of the Dead, Ra (known as Mau) is depicted as a cat slaying a huge python, Apep, which represnts darkness. In this way, the cat and serpent represented the struggle between light and darkness, with the Sun-God Ra being victorious with the slaying of the serpent.

Although the cat and snake are often seen as adversaries in Egytptian mythology, both cat and serpent were seen to work together to carry out Ra's bidding and create balance, thus good and evil, light and darkness, the physical and spiritual aspects of the whole - coming toether in a state of balance and perfection. Both cat and snake also symbolise eternity, echoed in the cats curl and the snake holding it's tail in its mouth (as in Midgardsorm, the World Serpent of Norse legend), both describing a circle without end.

Bast, Bastet or Pasht was the Egyptian cat-headed goddess whose cult lasted for thousands of years. Her city was Bubastis and housed statutes and a sacred shrine admist a grove of trees. Worshippers came from afar to attend her annual festival in the city, during which time her image was transported upon a barge towards the city, accompanied by dancing, singing and drinking - ending in sacrifices being made when the destination was reached. Bast was the daughter of Isis and Ra, her colours were silver and purple and she represents the moon, fire, fertility, music and nurturing of children.

The cats link to witchcraft is evident in Classical Greece and its association to the goddess Hecate, guardian of the Underworld. Her symbol was the black cat and her followers left offerings at crossroads, which were thought to be guarded by black cats, in the hope that she would bestow good fortune upon them.

Some interesting information I just found.
From personal experience, I have been told of my friends cat wigging out whilst they were bemushroomed, the cat acting faar stranger than normal.
Living to Give

Rgeular Dudess
#16 Posted : 1/3/2011 8:17:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DiMiTriX
#17 Posted : 1/3/2011 9:06:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah skin,why you answer in that way to his comment? imo it's maybe one of best,more rational point of view on the matter..it's closer to science than thinking that cats are telepathically connected to their owners or things like that. maybe he just enjoy the spice's smell
Tz'is aná

EquaL Observer
#18 Posted : 1/3/2011 10:05:27 PM

Ross

Haven't been on the forums in a while and it's so nice that I've came on to see this. My cat is really anti-social, he rarely ventures into my room partly because I usually have the door shut.

The one time he managed to make it into my room when I was about to blast off I thought it would be quite a nice sentiment, so I closed the door behind him and he starts doing the usual meowing at the door to get out (hates restricted freedom, quite like me). As soon as I start smoking he starts to simmer down & eventually sat down strangely and just stared at me for 5 minutes, I found it quite intense & since then I've made many metaphors out of my cat for my relationships toward people. I tend to become quite catlike on occasion as well... strange. The cat also seemed to love the smell of my spice.

edit - I'd like to add that I'm high and this post has got me thinking into cats ALOT Smile
Your depth is your integrity

Electric.Sight
#19 Posted : 1/3/2011 10:42:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Doesn't the saying go "Curiosity killed the Cat?" Cats are curious creatures and DMT is a curious experience indeed. Perhaps the drastic change in consciousness/smell of DMT peaks the cats curiosity? They enjoy learning too!
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Pandora
#20 Posted : 1/4/2011 6:19:40 AM

Got Naloxone?

Activities that feel (whether they are or not) dangerous, require adult age and consent (at a minimum) and that are known for changing the way we feel/think as well as direct ego attack should always be consumed and administered in an SSC (safe sane and consensual) manner.

One of the tenets of the SSC mindset, one of the very starting points is you don't do these kinds of activities with children, animals or dead people, that is, those who cannot consent. Anything else is inhumane.

Projecting our ideas that our cats might like the DMT experience offends my sensibilities. These are creatures who evolution has assigned the dual role of predator & prey. Just watch a cat carefully. Fear is a big part of its' life. What's the joke? - Just watch a kitten carefully. It clearly thinks about murder a lot.

This is a mental life that is incredibly different from our own. Suggesting that a cat might get something similar out of consuming DMT really makes no sense at all.

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

123NEXT