We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does MHRB have a 'shelf life'? Options

meevee
#1 Posted : 12/31/2010 3:09:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would 4-5 year old MHRB, still be viable for extraction?

MV

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/31/2010 6:38:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well when you ask about the shelf-life of anything, you have to include the storage condition and variables such as: dark/light, air/airtight, cold/warm, cold/dry, powdered/whole-pieces ?

In any case, I would say even if it was stored very badly, it will be viable to extraction. As always, first place to check for answers is the FAQ

Mister_Niles
#3 Posted : 12/31/2010 10:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have 4-5 year old MHRB?
I'd be really interested to know your results if you do an extraction. This is an issue I've been wondering about.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

just phil
#4 Posted : 1/1/2011 12:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM also has some older MHRB. (est 2+ years) he will be doing an extraction when he organizes all of the necessary preperations. The plan is to get some love and creative intent for the extraction.
I will also post results and bioassay when completed. This is a first time extraction and SWIM is excited.

peace love and paperclips.

meevee
#5 Posted : 1/1/2011 11:49:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hope all goes well just phil.

Has been in the dark and dry, i should have been more detailed in my question Embarrased Thank you for directing me to the FAQ, just what was required.

gammagore
#6 Posted : 1/1/2011 2:31:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey if any of you guys decide to extract that old mimosa, please be sure to report back your results.

I'm interested to know the outcome.

DiMiTriX
#7 Posted : 1/1/2011 4:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you obtain yellow stuff don't ask if it's dmt oxide couse endlessness will be angry hehe Smile
Tz'is aná

endlessness
#8 Posted : 1/1/2011 4:38:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Laughing

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#9 Posted : 1/1/2011 10:10:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would recommend performing a full spectrum tek such as a BLAB tek, or using q21q21's 1st tek with d-limonene and salt with FASI. Its worth the extra wait/trouble, because the bark is likely to have oxidized a decent amount, so using xylene/d-limo to pull out all of the oxide is probably the best idea.

Oxide is very good. Theres nothing wrong with it. It will also pull any of the white n,n still contained within the bark, as well as jungle. Its great stuff man, id highly reccomend infusing some caapi with it, or some harmala changa, but thats just my thing Smile Electric sheep is great if you want a more normal spice experience.

If you dont want to wait for d-limo which can take a while to reach your door sometimes, and you dont care if its foodsafe, try performing q21q21's 1st tek with xylene, and either salt with fumeric acid saturated acetone and collect very clean fumarates, or salt with vinegar/hot water, and evaporate with a double boiler to recieve full spectrum goo.

The vinegar works well, if you dont care about having fumarates for long-term storage, and just want some changa to smoke, you just evaporate all of your vinegar pulls in a double boiler, until you can mix it around and smell absolutely no vinegar in it. Then throw in herbs and youve got yourself some very potent changa.

Let us know how it goes bro