We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello all - Options

Pontos
#1 Posted : 12/31/2010 8:51:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,

I'd just like to introduce myself. I'm a psychology (and former chemistry) student with an intense interest in psychonautics and entheogens. I also post over on the rollitup.org forum (albeit, under a different name), so maybe some of you already know me and don't know it. One of my favorite hobbies is mushroom hunting, unfortunately the only magic variety worth chasing in my area is A. muscaria, but there are lots of tasty edibles. Anyway, I decided to register here in order to expand my knowledge of all things DMT. In exchange, I offer my knowledge and experience as best as I can apply them. I look forward to posting more soon.

Pontos

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SpiralNeuroEclipse
#2 Posted : 12/31/2010 9:18:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Both psychology and chemistry are big interests of study for me too Razz along with many other nexians im sure..

Welcome to the nexus freind Smile

endlessness
#3 Posted : 12/31/2010 9:56:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Your interests in psychology and chemistry will certainly come in handy here Pleased

While you say you are interested in these substances, you didnt specifically state your experience with them. So did you take psychedelics yet? What about dmt, oral/vapped? Any experience with extractions yet?

See you around!

Dimitrius
#4 Posted : 12/31/2010 11:21:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Pontos!

You will like it here. Smile
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Pandora
#5 Posted : 12/31/2010 3:56:14 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Pontos,

Wow! Welcome to the Nexus. You will find many kindred souls here. I took chemistry for about 2 years then realized I personally didn't have what was needed for that profession, but then switched over and took a degree in psychology. It is fascinating to me how entheogens bring together professions as diverse as botany, psychology, chemistry, philosophy, religion and quantum cosmology, . . . just to name a few.

Take a good look around. I think you will like what you see. Welcome.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Pontos
#6 Posted : 12/31/2010 9:20:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for being so welcoming,

Hmm, I guess I should've given more specifics. My experiences with psychedelics is rather modest, and I must confess to never having had a really successful experiance with DMT itself. I can't really think of an interesting way to put it so I'll just list what I've experimented with: ethanol, nicotine, DXM, cannabis, nitrous, opium, hydrocodone, oxycodone, diazepam, diphenhydramine, nutmeg, and DMT. Oh, and thujone too. I've had the chance to experiment with others but for one reason or another, chose not to (MDMA, various amphetamines, etc.). For example, in my collection I have an excellent quality sample of Datura inoxia, but due to some of the horror stories I've read, I decided to keep it for curiosity sake only. There are also others that I plan to try, mescaline and psilocybe mushrooms for example, but haven't yet. Primarily, this is because I prefer to produce my own substances as a matter of quality control and for the added degree of security it provides with less than legal herbs and chems. Also, like some of you, I began pursuing a career in chemistry (originally, I had planned to branch out into toxicoligy/pharmacology) only to find that it wasn't really what I wanted. Eventually it became like drudgery to me and I lost lost the drive I once had. With that, I made the decision to study what I see as one of the last (and perhaps unconquerable) frontiers of modern science, the human mind.

Pontos