We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
God Shroom. Options

funkymonkey
#1 Posted : 6/1/2010 2:08:43 AM

mr. bond...james bond..

So ive heard you can add acacia and other things that contain DMT in your substrate when growing to make more potent mushrooms.

its been named the god shroom by some.

would this work for mimosa root bark too?

i know a question like this should be asked somewhere like the shroomery but i feel nexus could help me answer this question.

anyone ever create the god shroom before?

monkey see monkey doo monkey pee monkey poo

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

lyserge
#2 Posted : 6/1/2010 2:39:51 AM

polyfather anomalous

Never heard of this with DMT, but a German research named Jochen Gartz added "strange tryptamines that are alien to the mushroom", such as DPT and DIPT, to the mushroom substrate, and the mushroom 4-hydroxylates the material (precisely the conversion from psilocybin to psilocin) to produce 4-HO-DPT or 4-HO-DIPT. See Ask Dr. Shulgin for more at http://www.cognitivelibe.../shulgin/blg/index.html . I hope he'll be starting answering questions once again now that his tome is nearing publication.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

funkymonkey
#3 Posted : 6/1/2010 3:16:34 AM

mr. bond...james bond..

thanks for the info.

but the link is bad unfortunately

lyserge
#4 Posted : 6/1/2010 3:23:03 AM

polyfather anomalous

sorry link should work now, second paragraph is where you'll find the relevant information.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

ImpressiveAlexander
#5 Posted : 6/1/2010 10:18:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm, That's interesting. Would you have to extract DMT from acacia (let's say), or grind up the plant and add it to the substrate directly? How would SWIM go about this process? ; )
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." -Douglas Noel Adams

funkymonkey
#6 Posted : 6/1/2010 10:38:12 PM

mr. bond...james bond..

well i know you just add the acacia leaf to your substrate.

it supposedly converts the dmt into something else, either more psilocybin or something related to dmt.

im not sure how it would work, but im sure you could just add dmt to the substrate too, but i figure the leaves would help retain moisture which is useful for growing mush.

Ginkgo
#7 Posted : 6/1/2010 10:45:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

funkymonkey wrote:
it supposedly converts the dmt into something else, either more psilocybin or something related to dmt.

4-hydroxylated DMT equals psilocin (4-HO-DMT), so only more psilocin should supposedly be made. Be aware that a large number of people have tried to reproduce the results from Gartz without any success. It is highly unlikely that adding some Acacia leaves to a substrate will make any huge difference.

funkymonkey
#8 Posted : 6/2/2010 10:33:33 AM

mr. bond...james bond..

i see grounds for experimenting!

i will let you all know how it goes.

L_Star
#9 Posted : 6/2/2010 5:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
It is highly unlikely that adding some Acacia leaves to a substrate will make any huge difference.

So true, but wish it was that easy Very happy Very happy
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

funkymonkey
#10 Posted : 6/4/2010 11:46:04 PM

mr. bond...james bond..

im doing a test with some BRF cakes.
im going to make a few cakes, add some mimosa with the verm and see what happens. im really skeptical but i got time on my hands.

im not sure how acidic the mimosa bark is, but we will have to see.

if this fails, i will order some acacia and test it

ill post pics in the future of my success/failure and let you know if theres potential in this.

i will also to a tub in with the bark as well.

sounds crazy but why not?

Ginkgo
#11 Posted : 6/5/2010 12:34:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to try this theory, you should attempt something different than DMT containing material. DMT will be 4-hydroxylated into psilocin. If that happens, you should have more potent mushrooms. But the potency of cultivated mushrooms varies A LOT from batch to batch, so you can't be sure if the added DMT to the substrate make any difference. Try with any other psychedelic tryptamine, and you will for sure notice it if it does indeed work.

DiMiTriX
#12 Posted : 12/29/2010 11:27:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

would be nice ttry with azures and cyans or sany other wood lover mush..azures would be maad! Shocked Rolling eyes
Tz'is aná

Phantastica
#13 Posted : 12/29/2010 8:20:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
If you want to try this theory, you should attempt something different than DMT containing material. DMT will be 4-hydroxylated into psilocin. If that happens, you should have more potent mushrooms. But the potency of cultivated mushrooms varies A LOT from batch to batch, so you can't be sure if the added DMT to the substrate make any difference. Try with any other psychedelic tryptamine, and you will for sure notice it if it does indeed work.

^^and it will also require a comparison between the potency of fresh vs. dry, cuz psilocin is quite unstable; most of the dried shroom potency comes from psilocybin, not psilocin...unless i'm wrong ofcourse..Razz
<3

tele
#14 Posted : 12/29/2010 8:50:26 PM
Explorer

How come one doesn't just eat more shrooms instead of making up tricky techniques for "increasing the potency". Like the shoorms aren't a "god shroom" already in their effect...

Rising Spirit
#15 Posted : 12/30/2010 1:42:51 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

tele wrote:
How come one doesn't just eat more shrooms instead of making up tricky techniques for "increasing the potency". Like the shoorms aren't a "god shroom" already in their effect...

Hey now tele,

I like your perspective. On a half dozen experiences, over the past 30 odd years, I ate waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many shrooms on the occasional blue moon and I have to say that nothing could have amped the experience, PERIOD. As a matter of fact, I have "overdosed" more on mushies than anything else (even LSD). Could a theoretical DMT imbued growing environment make them any more transcendent or self shattering? Perhaps it might? God bless anyone for being open to the possibility. Ultimately, I suspect it is the organic charm of blending herbs that drives us to wonder so? Kudos to the curious folks! But I have experienced on my journeys, that it is neither the quantity, combination of mixed Medicines nor the expectations which fill our intellects... it is the raw POWER of the Medicine which blesses us with the Vision of Oneness. A long, long time ago, I gave up trying to manipulate or control what the psychedelic substances choose to gift me with (who ever I am). When we attune to their profound lessons, we merge with a reality which supersedes any reality.

Our brothers and sisters who are chemists and bold adventurers must look under every rock and leaf, so as to find out every avenue to consciousness expansion and chemicular ecstasy. I applaud such an attitude and respect the idea of questing for a higher yield of Magic. Still, as your words so succinctly stated, the spiritual frequency of Indivisible consciousness, which the "God shroom" has most definitely had within it's biochemistry for thousands upon thousands of years... has had the juice to do the job since the world was an infant. If we surrender to the force of the plants, we merge with that symbiosis, in which they gift their particular effects. That's enough to catapult the Dreamer into the other side (as the ONE created them to be).

I'm open to new avenues of research and discovery, so let's all send good vibrations to funkymonkey. My personal feelings? I believe that the Grand Universe in which we live, as 3 dimensional entities, knows exactly what it is doing... ORGANICALLY. So who are we to mess with these mysteries? Well, we are organic manifestations ourselves, so we might just be expressing our innate organic selves, eh? It is the encoded wisdom of Nature who picks the time and place for voyagers to breakthrough. This must never be forgotten or underestimated. That being said, we want to try! We, who are products of such an explosion of light, vibration and cosmic energy... find ourselves gazing upwards in wonder. Ain't life grand?

Peace, love and Light... Rising Spirit
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.