We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking anadenanthera seeds to no effect Options

HOOD
#1 Posted : 12/18/2010 8:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM spent an hour last night smoking the finely grounded powder of these seeds and ended up with a slight body load and slight sensitivity to bright lights. There were 16 seeds put into a coffee bean grinder (12 with no casing, 4 with the casing) after half the seeds had been popped in the microwave and the other half were not prepared in anyway prior to being ground. The powder was smoked through a chicken bone-like glass pipe with a regular BIC lighter. The BIC lighter hovered continuously over the bowl for 15-25 seconds for each VERY slow hit so the flame would touch the seed powder the entire time. After an hour SWIM had finished smoking all of the powder, holding each hit for 10 to 30 seconds, but there were no noticeable effects.

SWIM only smoked the seeds, no additional herbs. These were Anadenanthera Colubrina seeds.

Any idea what happened here? Is SWIM wrong in thinking that the psychoactive chemical(s?) in these seeds should be active without preparing them or extracting a free base?
serenity now ...insanity later

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/18/2010 8:41:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe try making a paste with sodium carb and some water, drying, and pulling with IPA/Alcohol/Acetone, and evapping that on some herbs, for some simple extraction.

While I do hear of people saying smoking seeds should give 'some' effects, bufotenine is probably in some salt form in the seed, and freebase are usually more efficient for vaporization. Also bufotenine is a tricky molecule, some people claim you have to work with it a few times before some real effects set in.

Keep us informed if you get it to work Smile

jamie
#3 Posted : 12/18/2010 8:57:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

what went wrong is you didnt even prepare the stuff. Yopo and Vilca are not just powdered seeds. You smoked toxic salts of unprepared seeds. There is a long tradition of yopo and vilca use with specific steps taken in the preperation of the snuffs, and if you skip out on them what you have is just bufotenine salts. It is always good to read about what you are doing and why before you do it..might save your ass one day.

Smoking unextracted but properly prepared snuff can still produce very powerful visions.
Long live the unwoke.

HOOD
#4 Posted : 12/18/2010 8:57:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM figured that smoking only the seeds should have provided some effects especially in the rather large amount of powder that was smoked in that amount of time. SWIM is learning how to do A/B pulls currently as his current knowledge and training has only been used to grow fungus. The excitement of receiving these seeds last night clearly pushed him to make an unprepared trial batch to experience the effects before properly learning how to do extractions with the rest of the seeds.

Ah yes, that seems to be consensus with bufotenine in the Bufo forum here -- it rewards dedication, not impulse. Would it be recommended to simply avoid smoking the seeds without prep & extract since it is unlikely that any effects will set in?

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/18/2010 8:58:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^yes it would be recommended to avoid using unprepared seeds..becasue otherwise you only have bufotenine salts..you need freebase bufotenine..you can extract it once it is freebase if you want to but you dont need to and traditionally it was never extracted.

I dont want to sound like I am lecturing you here..but read read read before you do this stuff please!
Long live the unwoke.

HOOD
#6 Posted : 12/18/2010 9:19:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Smoking unextracted but properly prepared snuff can still produce very powerful visions.

This is what was wrongly assumed by him; that unextracted AND unprepared seeds can still provide effects. Since SWIM is still studying & understanding the various methods himself, he poses the following question:

SWIM plans on toasting the seeds in his oven until they begin popping. After a few have popped, he will remove them and process them through a coffee bean grinder. Once the fine powder has been acquired he will then mix in sodium bicarbonate, add a bit of water, and mix with his fingers for a few minutes. This paste will then be left to air dry for however long it needs until dry. At this point SWIM can do an extraction with the method he is most acquainted with and has the ingredient readily available; Use 99% IPA to cover this paste and do pulls.

At what point are the seeds prepared, but not extracted here? SWIM believes that once the IPA is introduced this is when extraction begins, but is unsure if the seeds are prepared after toasting OR fully prepared after the seed powder & sodium bicarbonate paste is air dried.

Please bear with SWIM as he is very interested and dedicated to exploring bufo & these seeds specifically, but is not the most well-versed person in using solvents and doing a/b pulls outside of what he learned in his high school chemistry class back in the day.

edit: nevermind, enough reading through the recent threads on the first page of the Bufo forum (I've read all the major threads in Bufo forum only) got me to recognize when exactly the seed powder basifys

jamie
#7 Posted : 12/19/2010 12:53:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

toast them, grind them up, mix in some base(sodium carb or lime etc) with water and let it dry...thats how you prepare yopo and vilca.
Long live the unwoke.

corpus callosum
#8 Posted : 12/19/2010 4:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Ive had good success using Jorkests d-limo bufotenine from vilca seeds tek; the yield of tan FB powder after a couple of limo washes was 290mg.This is being nfused onto caapi x11 leaf in a 1 : 1 ratio with 100mg rue extracted harmine in the mix. Should be ready for a trial later today.

This tek is not taxing to perform in any way; if your seeds are right then there should be some yield of the freebase.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

HOOD
#9 Posted : 12/20/2010 5:25:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
toast them, grind them up, mix in some base(sodium carb or lime etc) with water and let it dry...thats how you prepare yopo and vilca.

So yesterday SWIM prepared the seeds exactly like this. He prepared two different batches to experiment with a sublingual dose. The sublingual dose used sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and the dose he prepared to smoke used sodium carbonate.

Sublingual experiment. After prep & dry SWIM held this mixture in his mouth for 30 minutes. He chewed every few minutes. After half an hour, he spit out the mixture and washed out his mouth so he could swallow again. SWIM began watching an astronomy documentary and felt no effects an hour later. No negative effects were felt either (no bodyload, nausea etc).

Smoked dosage. After prep & dry, SWIM placed a tic-tac sized amount of this mixture on top of a bit cannabis. 10 minutes after finishing the first dose he felt no effects and placed another tic-tac sized amount on top of a fresh bowl. 5 minutes after completing the second bowl he closed his eyes, but did not feel any effects. SWIM was relaxed and enjoying the cannabis high, but after an hour from his first dosage he was not feeling any effects. There were no negative effects either.

SWIM will be working with the last amount of seeds with via extraction next weekend, but is wondering whether the seeds are just not very potent at this point Sad

jamie
#10 Posted : 12/20/2010 5:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah extract them...at least with iso...i tried smoking snuff powder the other night as well and it worked but was real mild..I snuffed some though and that was very nice, no nausea at all and very empathic..diff from smoking it.. Il never smoke unextracted again..but I will snuff it.
Long live the unwoke.

HOOD
#11 Posted : 12/20/2010 5:44:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, the plan is to extract from the remaining seeds with IPA and hopefully yield a decent amount of bufo. SWIM already has a new batch of seeds that he will be working with once he has gathered the missing solvent and hopefully these will prove to be more potent than the current batch he has been working with..

corpus callosum
#12 Posted : 12/23/2010 9:48:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

So, I tried the bufo-changa prep I mnetioned above.3 full (small) bong bowls full taken a couple of minutes apart and after the third bowl there were some red swirling CEVs only.However it did put me in the mood for some changa so 60mg of caapi x11 : FB in a 1: 1 ratio were imbibed in one hit.The come up was faster than usual and the visuals were distinctly more inticate with several entities seen.One Ive never seen before was the face of a baby with no facial features which sat right in the middle of my field of vision.Most impressive.

I wonder if this was due to the bufo or simply due to more harmalas being consumed compared to just having the changa bowl.In either case it was bloody excellent!!!Very happy
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

HOOD
#13 Posted : 12/23/2010 10:35:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow that sounds beautiful! Smile Smile

Also, quick question: SWIM is wondering if there is a way to sublingually dose with the IPA extract being done currently. He has already pulled from the seeds with 99% IPA and is evaporating all of it right now. He is seeing a very brown substance settle at the bottom of his dish, while the IPA took on a very tan-yellowish color. Since all the seeds from his first package were used, there is a lot!! Can SWIM take a portion of this extract once all the IPA has evaporated to create a sublingual dose somehow -- Could he simply scrap a bit of the extracted material off his dish and place it under his tongue for 20 mins? or would another step need to be taken to prepare a sublingual dose from the raw extract?

TrustLoveMan
#14 Posted : 12/29/2010 9:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had smoking success with popping the seeds on the stove and crushing them with pickling lime into a paste. This dried and smoked gave me wonderful effects. Not very long lasting though.
All Posts are fiction and only exist to entertain