We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
cannabis and aya? Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 12/28/2010 8:05:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Has anybdoy ever used cannabis in combination with ayahuasca (meaning vine+lightplant)?

And if so.....Recommendable?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jmaxton
#2 Posted : 12/28/2010 9:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Has anybdoy ever used cannabis in combination with ayahuasca (meaning vine+lightplant)?

I have, but if everyone gets as lightheaded and dizzy as I do I don't recommend it. Last time I drank the brew and smoked I literally ended up on the floor unable to move. It felt like my blood pressure had dropped to an extremely low level. I have not talked to anyone else about it, so I'm interested to hear what others have experienced.

It's probably relevant that I'm a regular/chronic cannabis smoker and the caapi dose was around 80-100 grams of yellow vine.

-JM

mapp
#3 Posted : 12/29/2010 5:32:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's used cannabis to help relax his nerves and welcome the whole experience before his aya/pharmahuasca journeys - it must help with nausea as well. He's only smoked before consuming the admixture so he can't say whether or not an edible or very strong long-lasting MJ-effects are beneficial alongside an ayahuasca journey - though it's possible... Anything that puts SWIM in a positive, relaxed, and or comfortable place beforehand is a good key/place to start, and the effects of MJ for SWIM soon become a mere background as the trip takes off.

Quote:
polytrip wrote:

jmaxton wrote:
I have, but if everyone gets as lightheaded and dizzy as I do I don't recommend it. Last time I drank the brew and smoked I literally ended up on the floor unable to move. It felt like my blood pressure had dropped to an extremely low level. I have not talked to anyone else about it, so I'm interested to hear what others have experienced.

It's probably relevant that I'm a regular/chronic cannabis smoker and the caapi dose was around 80-100 grams of yellow vine.

-JM

SWIM thinks if cannabis works for SWIY normally, combining with ayahuasca would be safe, but SWIM wonders about other interactions that may have come into play in this instance of jmaxton - SWIM smokes regularly and has never encountered something as such.

ms_manic_minxx
#4 Posted : 12/29/2010 5:57:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to think of Cannabis as a special guest speaker at Ayahuasca University.

Cannabis can totally change the direction of the experience. My best experiences have been smoking a small amount of cannabis post-peak, and they have resulted in some really amazing deep communications with the earth. It definitely isn't something I would do all the time, however... feels done best intentionally.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Global
#5 Posted : 1/10/2011 5:56:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

While I agree that cannabis can reduce the nausea if you smoke it before-hand or as you're coming up, this is why I avoid it. I figure if I'm gonna puke, I wanna be nauseous as possible to make it as easy as possible. The one time I tried reducing my nausea with cannabis I found myself nauseous but unable to puke, which I attributed to that. I do however like to smoke as I'm coming down as I feel like it helps to extend the experience somewhat and ease me back into a "sober" state (really a "high" one).
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

jamie
#6 Posted : 1/10/2011 8:46:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I smoked on thursday about 3 hours after drinking 70g of vine with a bit of mimosa..and wholy crap...Shocked

I dont think I will be doing that again..
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 1/10/2011 9:16:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
fractal enchantment wrote:
I smoked on thursday about 3 hours after drinking 70g of vine with a bit of mimosa..and wholy crap...Shocked

I dont think I will be doing that again..

Oooh..you shouldn't have said that. Now i realy want to give it a tryLaughing

jamie
#8 Posted : 1/10/2011 9:30:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

lets put it this way..I felt depersopnalized..derealized..and I was time traveling/warping(just like I was when I mixed cannabis with mescaline)...cannabis does some very weird things in relation to time, especially with traditional psychedelics..and especially especially when your not a daily smoker.
Long live the unwoke.

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 1/11/2011 5:53:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had some amazing experiences with cannabis and Aya, lots of very earthy communications. I absolutely needed to be outside, and every time it was engaged, it was engaged intentionally...

I think the only real issue of concern is to be extremely mindful that harmalas DO potentiate and intensify the cannabis experience... so don't smoke enough to time travel if you aren't prepared to wet your pants. Pleased

Cannabis post-Aya can also bring back strong feelings of Ayahuasca, so just don't take it lightly, and be prepared! Once in a while, I find it very nice and productive. Great for processing a lot of content of a previously intense journey. So so beautiful if you can make it outside into the forest. Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test