We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa with other tryptamines? (thinking DPT...) Options

fuzzyman
#1 Posted : 12/25/2010 9:43:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well there's no where else for me to post this as a beginner in this forum but I am curious about making blends with other tryptamines to experiment with different results you could get out of a single blend. I haven't tried DMT yet but I do have some experience with other tryptamines and with cannabinoid blends and how they're made. So a long time ago when I first read about DMT changa I wondered if it would be possible to dissolve other tryptamines in such a blend with some combination of cannabinoids, herb extracts, and base herbs (you know, all the stuff that goes into good blends). After some reading it seems that generally, only basic tryptamines are smokeable such as DPT, AMT etc. so for now I'll go with DPT. I may be able to get some MiPT in the future. Also freebase 5-MeO-MiPT is apparently smokeable, so that's another option. I've read there might be some luck had with a 4-substituted or 5-sub tryptamine here and there with some product loss, may learn more in the future.

Anyway I'm just wondering if this is possible, and if so how to go about it, mainly which solvent to use? One thing that always flies by my head is which substances will dissolve in which solvent, hence why I don't use liquid storage lol but in this case I'm worried that certain tryptamines will only dissolve in certain solvents so specifically for DPT will standard acetone work?

And is there something I'm missing like is a freebase version of a substance impossible to dissolve or something like that? Or does dissolving a substance change it's melting point perhaps, I know that happens with jwh-018 which is why you don't have to vaporize a CBD blend so would I have to consider that when working with tryptamines?

I know I have a lot of questions so thanks for any answers from more informed peeps.Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

chocobeastie
#2 Posted : 12/26/2010 2:23:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have heard of people adding DPT in small quantities to their changa blends, but very quickly decided "less is more" and just stick with the original D.

Pandora
#3 Posted : 12/26/2010 2:46:41 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Interesting post. I presume you have already freebased your DPT (converted the salt) or were fantastically lucky enough to receive it in that form in the first place.

A Nexian who knows a lot more about these things than I recommended 99% IPA (isopropyl alcohol) use for when I decide to convert my HCl salt into freebase DPT. This guy really seems to know his stuff, so I'm gonna guess IPA would be your solvent of choice.

I am aware of people trying very little insulffated bumps of DPT (as low as 10-15 mgs) while journeying on other tryptamines and achieving very, very profound effects. I would respectfully recommend taking it slowly and easily.

Looking forward to reading more reports on this should you choose to pursue it.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

fuzzyman
#4 Posted : 12/26/2010 4:49:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I wouldn't want to overpower the DMT, it would be more like flavoring the trip. And it's all speculative at this point just thinking about future options. But thanks I will probably try it eventually and experiment with different combinations. so ISO it is, thanks. Smile