We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
A little GVG advice please Options

monty p
#1 Posted : 12/17/2010 10:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM got his GVG today and is very happy with it! SWIM has just had a few mild hits 20-30mg to get a feel for it.
After a few hits SWIM has noticed white melted crystals forming in the U bend of the pipe, basically looks exactly like what SWIM loaded into the pipe.
SWIM has got a volcano liquid pad and 2 screens in place to prevent leakage, swim is only using a standard lighter tho, not a torch lighter, is this SWIMS problem?
Thanks for any tips!
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 12/18/2010 2:37:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The spice is going to condense on the insides of the GVG no matter what. Regularly clean it with warm IPA or acetone and then evap it to collect for future vaping. The thicker the build-up, the more will condense, so if you let it get too thick, you will be getting much amounts into your body using the same initial weights.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

MySmelf
#3 Posted : 12/18/2010 3:05:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Crystals condensing on the glass is normal. Oil running down the neck above the U bend means you're leaking spice. Also are your two screens on top of the pad or under it? I had bad results with a screen on top of the pad but once removed, it worked perfectly.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

monty p
#4 Posted : 12/18/2010 8:47:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah SWIM is pretty sure he is leaking spice! He has the 2 screens under the liquid pad.
Any suggestions as to why this may be happening? Haven't heard anyone else having the same problem when using volcano liquid pads?
Monty P is a fictional character i use to make my life seem more interesting than it is, therefore all of these posts are fictional.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 12/18/2010 9:46:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

are the crystals sitting well on top of the volcano? Try taking a first small hit, warming up enough for the dmt to melt but not to vaporize (Too much at least). Then remove your ceramic filter and look. Where is the dmt? Did it melt through the sides? Did it melt inside the liquid pad?

The dmt should in no way pass through the liquid pad, so maybe you didnt put it too well or you had the GVG turned at an angle when vaporizing and it melted through the sides?

The last option is to add a bit of herbs on the screens so that melted dmt wont run through, or pre-infuse some herbs and then smoke. But the liquid pad should def work

monty p
#6 Posted : 12/18/2010 5:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM wont get a chance for a few days but will try this smoke a bit then check idea when he can.
Thanks for the tips.

Swarupa
#7 Posted : 12/18/2010 6:00:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

MySmelf wrote:
Crystals condensing on the glass is normal.

Someone posted a pic of their GVG with white crystal condensed on the u bend, looked so damn cool...

Im going for a whole bong Very happy

gibran2
#8 Posted : 12/18/2010 6:17:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Chronic wrote:
MySmelf wrote:

Someone posted a pic of their GVG with white crystal condensed on the u bend, looked so damn cool...

That would be me, in this thread.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
condensation.jpg (37kb) downloaded 188 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Entheojen
#9 Posted : 12/18/2010 6:26:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know of a photo of the bowl loaded? To give a first timer an idea of the best way to load it.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

MelCat
#10 Posted : 12/18/2010 6:58:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheojen wrote:
Does anyone know of a photo of the bowl loaded? To give a first timer an idea of the best way to load it.

Here is a pic of Ant's loaded Very happy
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

monty p
#11 Posted : 12/18/2010 10:11:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The first pic with the crystal condensed on the U bend is not what swim is getting, swim definitely has a leak. swim doesn't understand why he seems to be the only one who is having this issue, strange?
Does anybody use a regular lighter with their GVG? I think this might be the issue, swim has an Arc in the post Smile
Also someone mentioned using a bed of herb to prevent leaking, would the herb combust at all in the chamber?

endlessness
#12 Posted : 12/18/2010 10:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No the herb should def not combust.

Adjust/stretch the pad so that the dmt only melts in the middle an doesnt run on the sides. But yeah otherwise try the herbs too..

I dont think the lighter should be the issue, its just the heat source. In any case a torch lighter will be great for other reasons Smile

ragabr
#13 Posted : 12/19/2010 1:12:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has a torch and a bic and prefers her Bic with the GVG. Maybe her $5 torch just isn't the bee's knees, but Bics work just fine.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

monty p
#14 Posted : 12/20/2010 10:07:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried taking a very small hit then checking the bowl and the spice is going down into the liquid pad not down the side. SWIM has compacted the pad a bit and this seems to have helped a lot, SWIM also tried using a torch lighter for the first time today and did not enjoy it so much . . . .

SWIM has a few questions, forgive him for being a noob please.

SWIM found the vapor a lot thicker with the torch, it tickled swims throat a lot and made SWIM feel very nauseous which made for an uncomfortable 4-5 mins! When SWIM breathed out after using the torch lighter there was a LOT of thick vapor/"smoke" yet when the bic was used there was almost no vapor breathed out. Maybe its just SWIMS technique that needs working on but controversially SWIM definitely seems to prefer the bic to the torch.

Is it normal to breathe out heavy vapor?

Does anybody else prefer to use a bic style lighter with their GVG?

And finally, endlessness recommended using a small herb bed to help prevent leakage, could somebody recommend a nice tasting, non active herb that they use for this purpose?

Thanks for all your help! Smile

gammagore
#15 Posted : 12/20/2010 10:31:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mullein all the waySmile

To me it sounds like you are giving the GVG to much heat. And no its not normal to breathe out heavy vapor, maybe you not holding it in long enough? I too have had that tickling sensation when too much heat is applied, thats my cue to lay off the heat a bitSmile

I always use my torch, I find it has more direct heat than a bic. Also if a bic is used incoreclty soot begins to build up on the ceramic bit.

monty p
#16 Posted : 12/20/2010 10:45:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks gammagore. You confirmed what SWIM suspected, will just have to practice more Pleased and SWIM shall go seek out some Mullein Smile

monty p
#17 Posted : 12/20/2010 10:48:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One last question, is it dried mullein one would use??

gammagore
#18 Posted : 12/20/2010 10:49:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dried, yes. Any herb that one uses should be dry.

Swarupa
#19 Posted : 12/20/2010 10:58:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
Chronic wrote:
MySmelf wrote:

That would be me, in this thread.

Amazing crystal formation there. Thankyou for posting that again otherwise i may have not found it & seen it again...
Look at the swirls on the bottom right that look like the curls of a leaf, and that central crystal!

monty p
#20 Posted : 12/22/2010 9:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM reports back a bed of herb (mint in this case) worked a treat! No more leakage and really tasty.
Next experiment on the list, Changa, once SWIM can find some bark, getting hard to find in the UK Sad

12NEXT